Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of this FIA/FOM/FOTA feud?
FOTA breaks off and races by themselves in 2010
12.73%
A compromise is reached and they race together in 2010
74.55%
FOTA breaks off and in a matter of a couple years, F1 or FOTA swallows up the other.
12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Poll -- What will happen in F1/FOTA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,244 Likes on 1,915 Posts
Default Poll -- What will happen in F1/FOTA?

As much as my initial reaction was "YES, FINALLY!!!" I think the teams will resolve this and all race together in 2010 and a condition of that is that Max is gone.

Max makes the rules and we've all heard several times, but Bernie makes the money and he'll gladly get rid of dead weight to line his pockets.

What Mosley fails to realize is that the 800 pound gorilla in the room (Ferrari) is no longer behind him, but rather against him. When the FIA elected to deny Ferrari their veto vote, a vote that they contracted, he sealed his own fate.

Conversely the FOTA teams cannot possibly organize contracts, governance rules, venues, TV rights, promotion rights etc. in a matter of 6 months. So they too are stuck with Bernie. If they had planned this at least 1 year ago, then it would be different. That is why my vote is that they will find a compromise and race together next year.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:52 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Your options 1 and 3 are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not so sure about the organization part either. The way I see it, FIA is taking a HUGE chunk of money from anyone who wants to host F1, be it a track, city, country, TV station, or any other sort of merchandise. If the FOTA teams offer similar deals to the vendors above, and take a smaller cut, the negotiations will be streamlined IMO. After all, the framework is already there.

And let's not forget that the big European manufacturers like Mercedes, BMW, and Renault would love to go back and race in their markets - SPA, Imola, hell even Indianapolis and Montreal! That IMO played a huge part in the breakaway of the FOTA teams.

And finally, Bernie and Max are hell bent on playing hard ball - instead of going back to the negotiation table, they filed a lawsuit to keep the teams in F1. Fat chance!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,244 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Anyone can file a lawsuit. It's a bargaining chip. Nothing more. Just like the teams saying they are going to walk.

The bottom line is that thiese teams cannot get a competing series in 6 months.

F1 is not the Manufacturers primary business, just a marketing tool, so they can't spend all their time and money getting something off the ground in a short period of time.

THe FIA is the governing body. Bernie controls the rights to FOM and makes the $$$.

At the end of the day, Bernie's weasely *** will find a way to make money on this whole controversy.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This whole thing is a big-budget, "mine's-bigger-than-yours" public pissing match. Due to the fact that FOTA has called Bernie and Max's bluff, they will be falling over themselves to get them back in the lineup.

C.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

I'm sorry, but I cannot help but yawn a big "Who cares?" over this cluster****.

All the players in this melodrama are getting what they deserve.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 06-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Well then,Hmm. True but BE needs to stopping such a huge %.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:54 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But BE contributes sooooo much to F1.

Er. What does Bernie do for F1 other than make a gabazillion Euros out of it?

PS. How quickly will fans sporting "AXE the MAX" signs be tossed out of an F1 race?

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I held off voting until after Sunday's event.

It now appears that FOTA will leave the FIA F1 organization unless Max is removed. It's come down to a personal issue... the FOTA teams are no longer willing to accept Mad Max's dictatorial decisions.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the teams sue Max to recover for the ridiculous monies lost to develop KERS.
Still waiting to see what was done in F1 KERS development that can trickle down to civilian transportation use.

Quick Reply: Poll -- What will happen in F1/FOTA?