Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project - trailer ramps

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just for clarity, I mean the sides of the trailer box, not the door.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't you get a "Timesert" for wood that you can screw into the wooden portion of the ramp, drill a hole in the aluminum ramp extension at the bottom and then use a plastic handled bolt to screw and keep it tight? I want to say Lowes or Home Depot carries both parts in the hardware section.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might already have some of those threaded inserts (used to do a lot of wood working).
All great ideas.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
Can't you get a "Timesert" for wood that you can screw into the wooden portion of the ramp, drill a hole in the aluminum ramp extension at the bottom and then use a plastic handled bolt to screw and keep it tight? I want to say Lowes or Home Depot carries both parts in the hardware section.
+1 this is by far the coolest set up,i had on my last trailer. i haven't got a chance to upgrade this set up my new trailer I'm still tripping on the bungee cords.

thanks for the reminder of things that i must do,i just added this to my to do list
Old 06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
A930Rocket, Thanks, the threaded inserts worked great. Just need to pick up one more **** (the only had 3).

Thinking of putting velcro on the backside of the **** and them just stick them to the side of trailer to store them.
Phil
Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

This is the way my PACE trailer does it too. Seems to work very well. Mine came with one centered...not much pull on them, they only stop a potential sway, and don't have much weight pulling them away from the floor.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Initially looked at just putting one on each ramp but it would be just off center, due to the support I put in. But also it would put it right inline with the track of the tires.

Loaded the car up today for the DE tomorrow worked great.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Quick Reply: Project - trailer ramps