2009 Spanish GP , News , updates and Results

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Don't go mis-quoting me. I didn't not say that Montoya HAD to bring money. The fact that he did have sponsorship was certainly a plus in his selection though.
Larry!

Montoya was a Wiliams contracted driver on loan to Ganassi , he was brought into f1 and back into the williams fold on the Demand of Gerhard Berger , who felt it was a waste to have him in Carts while they struggled with Zanardi ..
Your original statement Implied Montoya got the ride because he brought cash , if not Button would have gotten the ride , when in truth Montoya is a much more talented and accomplished driver than Button , you failed to acknowledge such by your statement ..

.Button on the other hand had a top Williams ride after accomplishing what ?

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-11-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Child
I think you're forgetting that Mansell paid his dues for several years at Lotus before getting the Williams ride. I don't think luck had anything to do with it.
Mansell like Button was lucky to get the Williams ride that took him to a WDC, he was unemployed when he got the call ....
Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,082 Posts

Sorry Lewis, Super Aguri has made a statement that they will not be coming back to F1. I hear Sato was at qualifying day in Indy, however...

Toyota is on the fence and now a statement from Red Bull which could effect 20% of the current grid.

Red Bull suggests F1 departure
11 May 2009

The Red Bull team has become the second in two days to hint a possible disappearance from the Formula One grid unless regulations are revised ahead of the 2010 season. With a £40m budget cap option in place, a possible 'two-tier' championship is on the cards and has been opposed by a number of teams on the grid.

For the start of next season, all entries will be presented with a decision: accept the budget cap and enjoy greater technical freedom or continue with an unlimited spending limit whilst following the current, more restricted, technical rules.

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz in Barcelona on Saturday
With the possibility of two sets of regulations being used in one championship, Toyota publically touched upon a possible exit from the sport on Saturday in the event of the rules not being changed. McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh responded to this by stating that the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) should discuss the issue with governing body the FIA behind closed doors rather than with the media. However, less than 48 hours later, a similar threat has emerged from Red Bull.

"If the proposed rules for 2010 stay unchanged, we will not take part in the 2010 championship," said Dietrich Mateschitz, head of the Austrian energy drinks company - which is behind both the Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso teams - whilst speaking with the Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper. "Teams of manufacturers will no longer take part," he added. "Of the current teams, only two or three will remain."
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Wayne,

It amazes me how you pick one topic and debate that one thing no matter how flawed your arguement.

I'm not a Button fan, but Rubens has been faster than Button in exactly 1 out of 5 races this year. That means Button has been faster in 80% of the races and yes, team orders were in effect yesterday, but don't pretend to tell us Rubens is faster than Button. We all saw what has transpired over the 5 races.
+1

Rubens certainly can't match the pace of Button's but I do feel for him, he must feel awful to be in the same position again where he was before with Brawn when he had to pave the way for Schumi.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1

Rubens certainly can't match the pace of Button's but I do feel for him, he must feel awful to be in the same position again where he was before with Brawn when he had to pave the way for Schumi.
Finn as a racer , i can't believe you are defending these fictionalized finishes , Barrechello was faster than button until this year and he was faster than button yesterday , what is your point ? both he and the fans where robbed yesterday , unless racing is not why you watch ...............

Ohhh tell that silly rabbit , dah Ballerina , dicks are for chicks ..........
Old 05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn as a racer , i can't believe you are defending these fictionalized finishes , Barrechello was faster than button until this year and he was faster than button yesterday , what is your point ? both he and the fans where robbed yesterday , unless racing is not why you watch ...............

Ohhh tell that silly rabbit , dah Ballerina , dicks are for chicks ..........
For the black helicopter/Oliver Stone crowd ^^^^^^
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
MTosi
User

This is such a useless debate, neither of the Brawn drivers are that good (although I would agree with the rational minded people in Button being quicker, which is everyone but wayno), put 80% of the field in the cars and they will win. Just watch them drive and how much they are (or aren't) working the car. The more I watch the season the more I realize how bad Red Bull got screwed by the cheater diffusers, they built one hell of a car to the rules (or "spirit" of the rules), have a good driver line up, but got royally shafted by that ruling.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Barrichello quit threat to Brawn

bbc.com

Rubens Barrichello has threatened to quit Formula 1 if he finds out his Brawn team are favouring Jenson Button.

The Brazilian lost Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix to his team-mate after boss Ross Brawn changed Button's strategy.

"If I get the slightest sniff of the fact that they have favoured Jenson, I will hang up my helmet tomorrow," he told United States channel SpeedTV.

"But I know Ross wouldn't do that. He asked me to drive for him and he knows I want to race fairly with Jenson."

Team orders is a sensitive subject for the veteran Brazilian, who left Ferrari in 2005 a year before the end of his contract because he was fed up with not being allowed to race team-mate Michael Schumacher.

Brawn was Ferrari's technical director at the time.......
full story :http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/8043243.stm

Poor Rubin, "if he has a sniff ".......................

Must be powder ole Rubins talking about ............
Wake up Rubin, Rue Paul have bigger one's than you ...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Rubens Barrichello has threatened to quit Formula 1 if he finds out his Brawn team are favouring Jenson Button.
That's a bluff I'd take him on any day. There are tons of quicker and younger drivers who I'm sure would be happy to take his seat and I can't imagine there is a line of other teams beating down the door for his services...
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

Wayne, do you have an original thought? You must be the King of copying statements from others.
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hear the other Brazilian is anxious to take Rubens place, you know, the other door stop, Nelsinho Pinquet....:rolleyes who partners with the "great one" who doesn't want a strong teammate or be challenged in anything and got beat by a rookie... you know, what's his name....?:
Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDL
Wayne, do you have an original thought? You must be the King of copying statements from others.
sounds like a drive by for the main purpose of creating a personal attack .....
You add nuting here , par for the course from one of such limited matter..

eject button .................. bada bing

Don't let the door hit you in the **** .......................................

Toast ,

If Barrichello had any ***** he would have driven the brawn into the pits
complained about a vibration and walked , giving up second ......

RB explanation :http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/ Video

Unfortunately Ross has to deal with the fact that Rubin's second stint on the soft tires was so short it killed their strategy as he came in 1 lap after JB ........
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why do you cast aside, a legit question from RDL? Not answering the question makes you look like your avoiding it altogether. State your explaination, ie that it supports your points, or disproves others points, he's changing his tune now (Rubens), etc.

This is why people can't stand you. Man up and debate. And if your going to talk to someone do it directly. Don't use Finn as a third person in the middle.

I'm just looking out for you and your best interests.....
Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

^^^^
You silly rabbit ....don't you know Dicks are for chicks ............

This is torture , I'm out basking in the sun on my boat , beautiful day , have you on ignore , yet i still have to read your mindless crap thru quotes from the Finn and worst my net service out here keeps dropping . so i have to keep signing in, to block such mindless dribble ....

So back to more high pressure relaxation , while you knock everyone out with your mindless dribble ........
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lewis is right. Your here for the entertainment value only when your on your meds.

Class clown/RL court jester who projects homophobic tendancies and above all

Quick Reply: 2009 Spanish GP , News , updates and Results