Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MID OHIO SMACK DOWN !! Whose a commin ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like Mid-Ohio's typical event 'friendly' policy is in full effect. They are using the middle and upper paddock for their skidpad event.

They need a new skidpad area.

Ed
Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 911racer
Looks like Mid-Ohio's typical event 'friendly' policy is in full effect. They are using the middle and upper paddock for their skidpad event.

Ed
+1

Last event I was at, they did not even use the middle paddock even though it was blocked off. I'm calling shenanigans.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John H
+1

Last event I was at, they did not even use the middle paddock even though it was blocked off. I'm calling shenanigans.
A couple years ago they used the ENTIRE paddock. We had to enter and leave the grid from the flase grid area. It was crazy. As I remember, this was a Friday only condition, but still a pain.

This was a no choice no option from Mid-Ohio

Last week for our DE We could use the lower and middle paddock but they blocked off the normal road because of the quanitity of people in the skidpad class.

I will say it agan, they need a new skidpad.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911racer

Ed
We are going to work really hard in the off season to remedy this conflict. I hope its the last time you have to think about it. We did send our a email just now advising of all the "need to Know" items. We do still have some garages open and we lowered the price. we have some limited parking in the lower paddock for associate sponsors, at 100.00. that would be you.
See your email for details.

By the way I gave up my Pace Car ride so you guys can't chaise me.

A Plug for the DE:

Registration is going to close next Tuesday. we have room for more drivers this is the top ten Reasons you should come to this DE event
1. Cost is 395.00 for 3 days
2. We have Mid Ohio School coming in to teach a class with pro drivers on driving the line
3. We have Hoosier coming in to do a class on Tire management
4. We have lead follow arranged for those show have not driven this track
5. We have a club race going on at the same time an you could learn from them
6. Free beer and Pizza Thursday night.
7. We are going to give away good quality tire gauge for registering(drawing)
8. You get lots of track time at one of the most difficult tracks in the East
9. We have a promo with Mid Ohio that your Teen gets 75.00 off the teen driving school
10. I will be there. Go to clubregistration.net.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Frank

DE is for advanced drovers only correct?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John H
Frank

DE is for advanced drovers only correct?
Generally yes, but we have 6 instructors who are helping out. If they are new to the track but experienced we are providing lead follow advice. If they are somewhat not up to solo yet we have a few instructors not many, its a case by case thing. Are you thinking about the wife?

If so, she can come buy you stay home.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todinlaw
We are going to work really hard in the off season to remedy this conflict. I hope its the last time you have to think about it.
I'd park in Toledo if it meant I got to drive at MidOhio.

Originally Posted by todinlaw
We did send our a email just now advising of all the "need to Know" items.
I downloaded everything from clubregistration.net. Great info. Thanks for all the work. See you at the track.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Dave Parker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if anyone is interested in paying for security to stay inside the track over night? I'm interested to contribute, but can't foot the bill myself. I have a car trailer with living quarters included, so moving the trailer is going to be a real pain. Before I registered, I asked about camping and was told that it was allowed.

If I knew I was going to have to move outside the gate every night, I would not have resistered.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave Parker
Do you know if anyone is interested in paying for security to stay inside the track over night? I'm interested to contribute, but can't foot the bill myself. I have a car trailer with living quarters included, so moving the trailer is going to be a real pain. Before I registered, I asked about camping and was told that it was allowed.

If I knew I was going to have to move outside the gate every night, I would not have resistered.
Email sent
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Parker

Maybe we weren't supposed to, but we stayed at the track last year. Maybe the track closes at a certain time and if you aren't back, you will be stuck outside the gate.

Without security, they aren't going to have anyone coming around to make sure that your trailer is empty
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

I stayed last year too. I don't think it is a big deal or at least it has not been in the past. There was a big stink and threats from Mid-Ohio two years ago but nothing ever came from it. Just don't be out driving the golf cart around at midnight after a few cocktails and I'd think you'd be okay.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haas you coming up? Baus will be making his debut in the 944 Cup car.....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Yea, Wednesday night is cage night.

Brant, Aleks, and Paul R. are all coming over to help install. Other than that I am in really good shape.

Ed
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll stop by some time during the weekend. Not sure how much I will get to hang around.

Ed, you make me feel bad for giving up because the only thing stopping me is the motor and tranny on the garage floor waiting to go back in the car.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

John, throw the car and motor/tranny in the trailer and come on down! We'll get that thing put together one way or another!

Quick Reply: MID OHIO SMACK DOWN !! Whose a commin ?