Sponsored by:

Saferacer

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel8005
OGracing is a great vendor. SafeRacer should not be in business based on the way they have handled my past 2 orders.
Maybe you should elaborate as it seems that 98% of us have had no issues whatsoever..
Old 08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
If you are going to badmouth a vendor, you should give forum members some specifics about your experience so that we can all evaluate the situation based on the facts.
+1. I've ordered from Saferacer many times even recently and always receive great service and fast shipping.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After they screwed up the orders that were placed I ask to speak with a supervisor or owner. I was told that they do not have a supervisor. After asking to speak with the owner they told me" maybe you just dont get it... the owner does not have to speak with you regarding customer service"

Fair enough.... refund my money!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

my best experience has been with Joe from Circuit Motorsports.

Thanks bud !
Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 468 Posts

I love saferacer... they've always been great (ordered maybe 8 different times over the past 8 years or so) and it's so easy to order from them.

Not that I need another one, but I never win their free HANS giveaway... so maybe they are a bad company after all?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
my best experience has been with Joe from Circuit Motorsports.

Thanks bud !
Thanks Juan.

All the shops mentioned are run by good guys who aren't in this to make a lot of money. We're all racers and love the racing scene. It's a good excuse for us to talk about racing for a job.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Kenneth Greenfield
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been very pleased with these people. They do an excellent job. Ken Greenfield
Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

I always use Wine Country Motorsports. Great customer service and fair pricing. I went to them when I saw how cheap saferacer was selling HANS devices for and they showed me exactly what saferacer does. On many items they sell (hans, suits, helmets, etc.) they list very low prices and then when you select the options you need they tack on all the extra charges which bring the items to the same price everyone else sells them for. Also almost everything has a "normal price" and then "sale price" trying to show how much cheaper their stuff is. Most of the time their "normal price" is not normal.... anywhere.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM
95m3racer
Pro

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
I always use Wine Country Motorsports. Great customer service and fair pricing. I went to them when I saw how cheap saferacer was selling HANS devices for and they showed me exactly what saferacer does. On many items they sell (hans, suits, helmets, etc.) they list very low prices and then when you select the options you need they tack on all the extra charges which bring the items to the same price everyone else sells them for. Also almost everything has a "normal price" and then "sale price" trying to show how much cheaper their stuff is. Most of the time their "normal price" is not normal.... anywhere.
Unfortunately, this is common practice...with todays Ecommerce market, everyone wants the Google search hits, and the low price gets it...but the consumers are getting smarter and are searching harder, so these "techniques" don't work as well anymore.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Ordered many things from Safe Racer and I have never had a bad experience with them. I have had changed orders and they have gone out of their way to be helpful. Haven't had the opportunity to deal with Circuit Motorsports but I am sure that they will handle my order professionally also.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
sig_a
Pro

Originally Posted by Joel8005
After they screwed up the orders that were placed I ask to speak with a supervisor or owner. I was told that they do not have a supervisor. After asking to speak with the owner they told me" maybe you just dont get it... the owner does not have to speak with you regarding customer service"

Fair enough.... refund my money!
--------------------

So did they refund your money in full or charge restocking and return freight.

OG is very good. Stable Energies also.

As for repair parts, no one beats my local Porsche dealerships.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
This is why I have never shopped with them. When their "sale price" is everyone elses regular price and they jack the "regular price", it just strikes me as dishonest. And the HANS thing; HANS controls the pricing of their product. If you want to be an authorized retailer then you cannot undercut their pricing structure. That's why everybody is within a few dollar of each other. Can't comment on their customer service.

Places I've been happy with are: OG Racing, Pegasus, HMS, CDOC and even Jegs has been good.

Quick Reply: Saferacer