Sponsored by:

No contact close call at LRP Club race

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Exactly, I was thinking - I've seen this movie before and it has a very expensive ending. I would have driven into the woods to avoid it. Difference this time compared to last is that there were a bunch of good aware drivers around looking out for one another not trying to take advantage of a dangerous situation. Case in point, Tim "broken spindle" Lynn gave me plenty of room to come back on track.
I would say it's Tim that gets the "Luckiest Driver" award for not having a catastrophic failure when the front hub spindle broke in half (between the bearings!!).. I call him Tim "maybe if I drive another lap that noise will go away" Lynn..
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gary,

Normally when you hear a noise you turn up the radio and it does go away. I guess is does not work on the track.

Sean, I know how you feel. That same race day at the Glen, I had to run off the track to avoid a spinner. Tons of damage, my car is finally right again a year latter. The racer who spun told me he spun 3 times in the rain during the race. That did not sit well with me as I am sure you can understand. My damage was a lot less than yours, but it still sucked.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Garylimey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Talk about close.............. Gary, thanks for sharing the video. Luck and good driving is a great combination.

I had a spin in the blue enduro and was real happy no one behind me made any contact after the initial push considering it was the 3rd lap and half the field was still behind. Speaks highly to the caliber of drivers in PCA.
It was a pleasure to finally meet you Joe, hope to see you again soon.
I will be at Thunderbolt for one day on the 19th with Don, will you be there?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Talk about close.............. Gary, thanks for sharing the video. Luck and good driving is a great combination.

I had a spin in the blue enduro and was real happy no one behind me made any contact after the initial push considering it was the 3rd lap and half the field was still behind. Speaks highly to the caliber of drivers in PCA.
Hi Joe, good to meet you and I really enjoyed running with you. How is the car as I saw you pack up early?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No dudes. THIS is a close call.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG, Chad! What the hell was that?

Gary, I've had talks with Ron Cohn about the weekend, as I was away in Scottsdale. Said you were great to race with and sent me your vid's. I can't view the one that's on vimeo for some reason, and I'd really like to. Send a link?
I'm looking forward to meeting you, hope to stop by soon.

Quick Reply: No contact close call at LRP Club race