Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring April 18th, anyone have video of mcoupe in the wall?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by DogInBlack
Something is starting to smell funny here. Between blaucoupe, LDadrenaline, and some youtube user named boostluvr sending me emails to see the crash video, but not publicly. WTF is going on and who cares if it is posted on youtube or not? I'm wondering if the owner of the car is the same as the driver of the car.

The problem was that you took the pass then went back right to 'the line' then turned left to the curbing to quickly upsetting the rear of the car, then you started tankslapping and couldn't catch it. You should have stayed the line you started with the pass and taken an early apex and wider arc with less than normal speed.

So what do y'all think? Post it on youtube?
You know my opinion on that. You also know to beware a swarm of new users all focused on the same thing.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
blaucoupe
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something is starting to smell funny here. Between blaucoupe, LDadrenaline, and some youtube user named boostluvr sending me emails to see the crash video, but not publicly. WTF is going on and who cares if it is posted on youtube or not? I'm wondering if the owner of the car is the same as the driver of the car.

The problem was that you took the pass then went back right to 'the line' then turned left to the curbing to quickly upsetting the rear of the car, then you started tankslapping and couldn't catch it. You should have stayed the line you started with the pass and taken an early apex and wider arc with less than normal speed.

LD is a "friend" who all I can assume wants the video for no other reason to try and tarnish my name or try and hold it over my head, this is why I asked you to take the video down and not share it publicly. As I said It's my car and I was driving, again there is at least one established forum member here who can vouch for that. Boostluvr on youtube is me, as you can see by my other videos.

As for who cares, I care. That's all it should take for you to respect a fellow enthusiast, let alone a fellow BMW enthusiasts wishes. Which you have somewhat done and I appreciate.

As for the crash, there was no tank slapping until I put a wheel off into the rubber and lifted. There is no "wider arc" to take with my car, the speeds I normally take that corner on street tires requires me to track out fully. What I should have done is not taken such a late pass or not entered so fast trying to get around the s2000.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by blaucoupe
LD is a "friend" who all I can assume wants the video for no other reason to try and tarnish my name or try and hold it over my head,

Hmmm. Too much drama.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
blaucoupe
Track Day

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hmmm. Too much drama.

You're telling me.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
insuranceadjuster
3rd Gear

How old is the driver? With all due respect it sounds like you are 12. Right it was the street tires blah blah. Man up accept responsibilty for your bad judgement. Learn to deal with people in a nonabrasive manner. You had accident fine we all make mistakes. Don't compound the problem with committing insurance fraud. Too many people saw the incident. It's on video something insurance companies pay good money to see. Man up and grow up and learn some humilty. Your arrogance is a cover insecurity. Don't make a decision that could be very costly to your future.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

What an interesting thread..
Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 AM
blaucoupe
Track Day

Originally Posted by insuranceadjuster
How old is the driver? With all due respect it sounds like you are 12. Right it was the street tires blah blah. Man up accept responsibilty for your bad judgement. Learn to deal with people in a nonabrasive manner. You had accident fine we all make mistakes. Don't compound the problem with committing insurance fraud. Too many people saw the incident. It's on video something insurance companies pay good money to see. Man up and grow up and learn some humilty. Your arrogance is a cover insecurity. Don't make a decision that could be very costly to your future.
Man up? Where did I not take responsibility? How bout you get out from behind your nickname and address me personally instead of hiding behind a vale.

I also don't see where I am making any excuses, being on street tires is not an excuse, but an explanation of how at those speeds that corner does not contain options to go wider, its a requirement to begin with.

My insurance company covers track incidents actually, I'm sure they will drop me afterwards, but they do cover them. Does yours? The video has nothing to do with that, it has to do with fools like you who have nothing better to do.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
angelo1404
Shamwow!
Rennlist Member

YouTube please.
We all need to decide for ourselves........
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No public video on this one boys, but thanks for playing. Blau, may I recommend closing this thread?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
Would that corvette be #427? I saw quite a few very dangerous moves from him this past weekend
Lets not close this just yet! ...... Can we get some specifics relating to the above statement by LAadrenaline?..... Anyone else have any issues with this car?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by David A
Lets not close this just yet! ...... Can we get some specifics relating to the above statement by LAadrenaline?..... Anyone else have any issues with this car?
Was this Corvette silver and driven by a Chin Instructor?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Not sure if the corvette was an instructor, but I think I heard he was.
EDIT again: Just realized thats you Mike. This is L.D. with the spec miata (formerly the subaru wagon).

as far as john....

first off, I have the video saved already. If I determine I want it released I will do so at my own will.

Secondly, I didn't really want it to hold over your head. Although now that you mention it, sounds like a good idea. I wanted to watch the video to see what you really did. You pretty much did what I expected. After seeing your youtube videos before I have always said you need to give yourself some buffer room in bishops, you take the car alllll the way out to the white line... and in the video you can see that after making the pass you cut over (way late for some reason) and went all the way outside like your normally do. You had clipped the entry, were going too fast, and you pushed it too wide.

These are all mistakes that novices make, and unfortunately you learned it the very hard way. THIS is the reason I do not believe intermediate solos should be allowed to take passengers. Advanced solos and instructors have had enough seat time to have things like this happen and know what to do to prevent the situation. If you forgot, I was very nice to you afterwards as I've lost two cars pretty dramatically (although never on a track) myself. I know it sucks but its a learning experience. That is why I kept advising you to get more track time on the car pre-supercharger. You have to have these learning experiences and its best to do it in a car within your skill range.

I'm going to stop myself from going on a rant about people adding obnoxious amounts of horsepower to make up for skill on the track because this post is long enough and it's overly played out already. But I do feel bad for you, you had a nice car and it sucks to have it all taken away. The one thing I hope is that you will drive much safer on the street, knowing how lucky you were to have a tire barrier, corner workers, EMS, etc etc that you would not have if you crashed flying around orlando.

EDIT: yes, the driver and owner are the same person... blau coupe, n54 montego, boostluvr, etc. He has like 5 names but it is the same person.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 AM
blaucoupe
Track Day

Thanks for the advice LD but as usual all you're doing is listening to yourself talk with unnecessary advice to try and assert yourself as the "track king".

You're not saying anything that I haven't already myself, I already acknowledged that the supercharger wasn't for the track and I would be better of without it, even have more fun. You've heard me say it at least 10 times. You just felt like mentioning it because, well, I don't know why really.

I didn't clip the entry, I entered late, I already said I entered way to fast, I said it 100 times already including this thread, was trying to get around the s2000 who gave me a late pass then did not lift. Not that it's his fault I should have simply waved it off. If you even bothered to read you would see that I already acknowledged that I usually enter so fast that I have to fully track out and that's part of what did me in. I've said all of that in this thread already, hell you heard me say it right after the accident.

So again, no idea why you feel like repeating it. Other then the above.

How is this even a conversation?

Thanks for the unneeded advice like always though. I really would actually appreciate it if it was actually useful rather then things I already know and you KNOW I already know but just feel like saying.

What times did you run again in your wrx to sti conversion?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angelo1404
YouTube please.
We all need to decide for ourselves........
Yeah! Post it or STFU.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

LD!!!! good to see you on here. Was this Corvette Silver by chance?
Anyway, what you say about the BMW coupes line makes sence and something I harp on in Bishops with my students.

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
Not sure if the corvette was an instructor, but I think I heard he was.
EDIT again: Just realized thats you Mike. This is L.D. with the spec miata (formerly the subaru wagon).

as far as john....

first off, I have the video saved already. If I determine I want it released I will do so at my own will.

Secondly, I didn't really want it to hold over your head. Although now that you mention it, sounds like a good idea. I wanted to watch the video to see what you really did. You pretty much did what I expected. After seeing your youtube videos before I have always said you need to give yourself some buffer room in bishops, you take the car alllll the way out to the white line... and in the video you can see that after making the pass you cut over (way late for some reason) and went all the way outside like your normally do. You had clipped the entry, were going too fast, and you pushed it too wide.

These are all mistakes that novices make, and unfortunately you learned it the very hard way. THIS is the reason I do not believe intermediate solos should be allowed to take passengers. Advanced solos and instructors have had enough seat time to have things like this happen and know what to do to prevent the situation. If you forgot, I was very nice to you afterwards as I've lost two cars pretty dramatically (although never on a track) myself. I know it sucks but its a learning experience. That is why I kept advising you to get more track time on the car pre-supercharger. You have to have these learning experiences and its best to do it in a car within your skill range.

I'm going to stop myself from going on a rant about people adding obnoxious amounts of horsepower to make up for skill on the track because this post is long enough and it's overly played out already. But I do feel bad for you, you had a nice car and it sucks to have it all taken away. The one thing I hope is that you will drive much safer on the street, knowing how lucky you were to have a tire barrier, corner workers, EMS, etc etc that you would not have if you crashed flying around orlando.

EDIT: yes, the driver and owner are the same person... blau coupe, n54 montego, boostluvr, etc. He has like 5 names but it is the same person.

Quick Reply: Sebring April 18th, anyone have video of mcoupe in the wall?