Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hoosier Wets

Originally Posted by Kerrigan Smith
Alex,

Good for you getting out there in those conditions. Glad to see you had a clean off. I came by your car to say hello on Friday but you were not around.

What tires were you running during the wet session?

Kerrigan
Hey K do you have any more deals on some Hoosier Wets! 245/40 front 295/30 rear is what I run with Hoosier R6
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
We have no doubt you'll figure it out Eric, get to it...and I'll find that elusive second I have left in the car, think it fell out of the driver's seat on the 4th lap or so.

Let's spend the remainder of this thread making sure of a few things:

1 - that we convince Alex to carry his *** up to Summit and do it again, NASA-style.

2 - we ensure we get another shot at out-gunning Timothy in his new "pimp" rhyyyyyde...cuz you know we all love that thang.

3 - that Eric finds his "demons" so that he may perform an exorcism and race another day
You forgot one Curtis...
4- Derek again silences the bar with his loud natural exhaust!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

Aex:
Glad you took the plunge into racing. It's a whole new ball game now. Look foward to seeing the video from Sunday's race. Now that my car is running, need to send NASA my check so I can go racing. Will miss the party in GTS3 since I will be in GTS2.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex

Congrats on making it thru the comp school on Friday in conditions that just plain sucked. You got it done!!!

Also, big ups to Don Bryant for showing the good judgement for being in the pouring rain with RA1's with about 1200 heat cycles on them and still perservering to pass the comp school.

You guys rock
Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You forgot one Curtis...
4- Derek again silences the bar with his loud natural exhaust!
DEREK!! ...OMG, I just happened to be one of the "chosen few" to experience it. There was only a BRIEF silence, followed by a half dozen people falling out of their chairs, laughing their asses off...priceless indeed.

Ted, I agree, kudos to all who braved the rain to "Git 'R' Dun".

Mark, damnit...quit teasing all of us and get out there!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Stee
8th Gear

The same wet race from a different incar:
http://vimeo.com/3967468

It was an interesting exercise in survival with Mustangs sliding sideways and spinning off track everywhere around us.

GTS3 has become a great class with exceptional turnout and strong competition. I had a blast with you guys all weekend. I'm looking forward to NASA Mid Atlantic's April event at Summit.

John Witaker's Integra took a hit in that race and later that night we did some drunken track side body work...
http://vimeo.com/3966118
Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Garylimey
Racer

Congrat's on passing comp school Alex, I was in the school with you in the 968 #444.
That last session in the rain was a riot especially with no blower and my windshield totally fogged up.
I have a video of it, you can only see well out of the rear camera, the front gets worse as the session goes on.
Hope to see you again at other events, good luck! Gary
Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Limey!

Originally Posted by Garylimey
Congrat's on passing comp school Alex, I was in the school with you in the 968 #444.
That last session in the rain was a riot especially with no blower and my windshield totally fogged up.
I have a video of it, you can only see well out of the rear camera, the front gets worse as the session goes on.
Hope to see you again at other events, good luck! Gary
And you did very well to place. Best of luck to you as well and I hope I see you again. I expect to be at the PCA Club Race in late June. maybe I will see you then.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Stee;6444042]The same wet race from a different incar:
http://vimeo.com/3967468

I ran behind you on Sunday. That is one fast Boxster. Please tell me you have a 3.4 or more in it. My 2001 3.4 Carrera could not keep up...but I am assuming you are a better driver...for now!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup, Stevie has one of those "cheater" Boxsters...fast as hell, believe it is a 3.4.

Alex, are you signing up for Summit Point or are you going to be like those guys that only run VIR?

That will be great with you getting your PCA license, I think we will run against each other in H??

If Susan asks that you choose a "mentor" - pick me, I'm great!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Mentor

Alex, are you signing up for Summit Point or are you going to be like those guys that only run VIR?

NO I like other tracks. In fact I have been to Summit three time, Watkins Glen twice, Roebling twice, and Road Atlanta once. Of course they were all DE events. I like my first NASA and PCA to be VIR since that is the track I know best. As for my mentor, you would be a good choice. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

NO I like other tracks. In fact I have been to Summit three time, Watkins Glen twice, Roebling twice, and Road Atlanta once. Of course they were all DE events. I like my first NASA and PCA to be VIR since that is the track I know best.

Does this mean you are or are not going??

As for my mentor, you would be a good choice.

I have a better choice........ME!!!!!

Quick Reply: VIR is Wet