Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the shootout? VR or Kibort?
Kibort wins
57.89%
VR wins
42.11%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Kibort and VR: a duel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DWalker
BTW- I have no dog in this hunt, and although I would like to see VR beat MK, I dont care much who wins. My motivation behind this is to remove obstacles between these two in a positive manner that might actually end up being a lot of fun and otherwise entertaining.
I hope that it comes off too. It could be an annual Rennlist grudge match with the 2 biggest protagonists squaring off.

I still think that we need a control to make sure that these two aren't trundling around the track 2 or 3 seconds off of the pace.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks! I think it will be fun.

I think we can make it more entertaining than Setup.

Great idea. Lets do beer drinking instead of pee'ing.

By the way, where is this track? How close is it to Denver?

mk

Originally Posted by James-man
Not voting (or betting). Have a great race and have fun!

Just one suggestion. Post-race beer drinking competition so others can play too.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Weston
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I still think that we need a control to make sure that these two aren't trundling around the track 2 or 3 seconds off of the pace.
If it's in Denver, that shouldn't be a problem... Colorado is home to the largest 944-Spec group in the country. If they want other 944's racing out there, they should be able to get myself and/or others...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:45 AM
DWalker
Racer

Originally Posted by mark kibort

mk

30 minutes from my shop.

Go look at the website mark, it will be educational.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Weston
Racer

Thanks! I think it will be fun.

I think we can make it more entertaining than Setup.

Great idea. Lets do beer drinking instead of pee'ing.

mk
Byers, Colorado... about 40 miles East of Denver on I-70, take a left at the Byers exit, then go like 15-20 miles on Highway 36.

I can get from my house in Lafayette (just outside of Boulder) to the track in about an hour, or probably around 1:30 when I'll be towing. I've been out there to walk it and build tire barriers, but nobody has raced on it yet. I'll get my first shot in a few weeks...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
deep_uv
RIP

My initial estimate of 30 pages is going to be way too low. I have revised my estimate and I am now thinking somewhere between 100 and infinity.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Do you have the link? I couldnt find it among the 20 pages!

Nevermind

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

WOW, it looks like Thunderhill!

mk

30 minutes from my shop.

Go look at the website mark, it will be educational.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 AM
DWalker
Racer

Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,206 Likes on 1,245 Posts

This is the REAL American Gladiator Competition! Ill see if I can get a hold of Laser, Tower, Nitro and Sabre to toss water balloons at us as we drive down the main straight.
I'm not sure Nitro will be up to it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ladiators.html
Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,201 Likes on 426 Posts

Do you have the link? I couldnt find it among the 20 pages!

Nevermind

WOW, it looks like Thunderhill!

mk
Start studying the track...and hopefully this doesn't happen until July or so...when I'll be back in Denver to watch this go down. See the you-tube link I posted much earlier for an at-speed drive of the track in a Z06.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
From my exciting reading of this soap opera, I don't believe that is accurate. VR, and others, was suggesting either a track they both knew very well, or one that neither has ever driven. VR did make a comment that he "suspected" he would beat MK at any track. MK then grabbed that like a last available life-line and jumped on his home track Laguna Seca like a dog on a bone. MK then continued to use VR's comment as his reason for abandoning the "neutral track" idea and his clinging to his home track blankey! Others continued to suggest options for neutral tracks, but MK was busy wiping his brow after being "saved" (he thinks) by grabbing onto his home track as the venue. VR then accepted MK's monetary effort to make sure he got to drive his home track.
Bull, I don’t care which guy wins, if we are going to have a train wreck a week might as well have a big one. Mr. Pinkert sums it up well.

Originally Posted by jpinkert
A this point, we're just egging them on to show up behind the cafeteria after school. ...
I had a mostly sober guy in a bar propose a stupid bet backed by $100 that he laid on the table. I took the bet and his $100 in about 3 seconds slam dunk lock. After he lost and before I bought about $100 worth of drinks from his money one of his buddies commented that it was un-cool of me to take the bet as it was not a fair bet. I replied that the other guy was the other guy that proposed the bet and I saw no reason we both needed to look stupid. Funny how he was fine after he got a $4 drink from his friends recently lost $100. What was uncool was letting a friend make a fool of himself.

Nothing unmanly in calling a guy out on his hubris. Dave was talking large and Mark had already said this.
You dont even have to ask. Of course I'm in.
Mk
This is some came after.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Oh, ye of INCREDIBLY little faith.

When GerbilRaper made this challenge to me, the wager was related to using the same car and comparing (IIRC) the average of each of our fastest 3 lap times. Of course I accepted....and of course he never showed up and hasn't been heard from since.

Viking, thanks.

I suspect the logistics and/or costs of this venture might prove its undoing. Finding a track neither in-DUH-vidual has driven might prove daunting w/o major travel costs to some remote backwater.

The larger picture, however, is that I suspect I would "win" no matter where it was held.Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Yeah, I believe gladiator boy did.

Mark, seriously, I am not going to spend thousands of dollars to fly to your backyard in order to kick your *** on your home track. That would be like me demanding we do it at TWS or Motorsport Ranch Ressson, which you would likely refuse.

You pay ALL my expenses both ways, including hotel, etc. and I will agree to Laguna. Capisce?

PS: I have no race time in a SM either, genius.
Professional Racing and Driving Coach
More exagreations and excuses not to back up that mouth of yours?
Had you not made that comment I was game anywhere. Now, you said it not me. Im not wiggling out of anything. I think we could EASILY raise money for your flight and hotel.
some one else proposes a nutural track.
That does sound like a good alternative if VR whimps out on the laguna challenge. after all, " it doesnt matter where its held, Ill win", VR.

mk

you obviously dont know me very well.

Im in for whatever the list decides.

You guys work it out. Ill be there.

mk
Good.

Pay my way (and it's gonna be a bit more than $350) and I will come to Laguna without hesitation, gladiator boy.

Or else, we go to a neutral track neithe rof us has driven. If you're man enough & can afford it, that is.

Doesn't matter to me either way, as I have already made abundantly clear. By the way, it is not for "the list" to decide, spartacus. it is for US to decide.
This is all moot at this point. 30 pages? 300+ pages. We are going to need a containment pond.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Matias_S
Instructor

Donated 10$ for the entertainment value.

MK - I hope you can find a 3rd party to hold the funds but lets get this race on!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jpinkert
Start studying the track...and hopefully this doesn't happen until July or so...when I'll be back in Denver to watch this go down. See the you-tube link I posted much earlier for an at-speed drive of the track in a Z06.

That looks like a great track and a great offer.

ok so heres what i have, and offer-

i have a spec 944 sitting right outside the shop, and i have two more available to use
myself and a fellow raceshop have trackdays planned for this summer, and i have no issue at all addind these two gentlemen into the days activities, jsut need a date
the two 944s will be setup for each drivers preferences as much as a 944 spec car can be, and both cars will weigh the same , use the same tires, and be dynoed to assure even power
each drover gets to run in a practice session and make any adjustments, then a rolling start sprint race of say 20 laps. points given for fast lap, laps leading, finishing position, etc TBD. to make it interesting i think having another 4-5 cars in the race would truly show who is the best drover, but thats optional.

my A/V guy will be there taking video and stills and if we tie this in to help Travis go up Pikes Peak there may be local news coverage
Originally Posted by BostonDMD
OK, what is the bottom line?

Is this all talk and intimidation,
or are we dealing with 2 real racers that can back up their RL racing forum claims?

I got to admit, this is better than any reality show......
Originally Posted by Greg Smith
How do y'all explain this to your wives?
"Honey, I need to go to Denver next month."
W- "For what?"
"To show some guy on the internet than I'm faster than he is."
W-"Oh, ok."
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Is anyone going to webcast this so that all of us don't have to go to Colorado to cheer on our favorite jester?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,615 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Just because you disparage his driving abilities doesn't mean you question his integrity.

Some might get the idea that you are trying to weasel out of it, on a technicality.
Oh, PLEASE. Don't be an idiot.

Quick Reply: Kibort and VR: a duel