Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do PRO drivers have fun???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Makes sense, and you would know better than most here. I guess we have to do our day jobs in order to pay for our obsession!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
...but this racing seems like something that no matter what, the fun could not be sapped out of it.
What percentage of his work week does a professional driver spend racing? My guess would be that you could fill up a 40-hour work schedule with all the activities that don't involved trying to pass other drivers on a track.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JackOlsen
What percentage of his work week does a professional driver spend racing? My guess would be that you could fill up a 40-hour work schedule with all the activities that don't involved trying to pass other drivers on a track.
The working pros I know--folks who are paid to drive--spend the vast majority of their week coaching, testing for manufacturers and their own team, doing promotional activities, and traveling.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like lots of fun to me. Can't say that for everyone's non event day schedule
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Reason I ask is that I don't know many guys in any other professional sport that would spend 10's or 100's of thousands a year for limited time to play that sport.

Maybe it's just me, but the obsession with racing seems to run deeper than even some other forms of sport activities. I mean look at motorcycle racing, karting, boat racing, drag racing and all the money blown each year just to beat the guy next to you. I don't think there would be that same type of commitment (especially since it's more physically taxing).

How many people blow millions every year just to race, and could care less that they are blowing millions with a racing team as long as they can race. And who here wouldn't do the same given the opportunity?
I'm with you Dez! It's figuratively heroin to me. Push the plunger!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

That sounds like lots of fun to me. Can't say that for everyone's non event day schedule
Indeed!

Quick Reply: Do PRO drivers have fun???