Sponsored by:

Traqmate and Aiptek HD

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Weston
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by normank
Is there a way to attach a .RRP RaceRender file to an email that can be played by the recipient?
For simple playback, it can create a WMV or AVI file, but the free version is limited to only saving the first 3 minutes of video. To get around that, it is possible to have the recipient install RaceRender on their computer and then you send them the files that you used for the project. The .RRP file is the project configuration file and just contains pointers to the media files (videos, traqmate csv, etc) that you used, so you'll need to include those as well. It is flexible enough to move projects from one computer to another like that, but the catch is that you may just need to tell it where to media files are located on the recipient computer.

If your media files are in the same folder as where you had RaceRender save the .RRP project file (or they're in a subfolder of it), it should use relative paths and work automatically as long as you maintain that relationship on the recipient computer. But if your media files were some place like C:\Videos and your .RRP file was saved in a completely different location like C:\Documents and Settings\SomeUser\My Documents, then it's not going to find those media files on the recipient computer unless they were put into a folder with the same name and path as the original computer. But that's not a big deal... If that happens, it will display a message for every file that it can't find when you open the project, but it will not remove them from the project. All you should need to do is go into the Settings screen for each one that it couldn't find, click on the "Change File Settings" button, and tell it where to find the media file on that computer.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
normank
Racer

This sounds simple enough, but keep in mind that you are dealing with the computer challenged. The .RRP files are indeed saved on my computer in a C:\Documents and Settings\... file. When the email attachment reaches the other computer it will not open or play and does not give the option to "Change File Settings". RaceRender has been installed on the other computer. It must be something very simple that I am missing and I appreciate your patience.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Weston
Racer

Originally Posted by normank
This sounds simple enough, but keep in mind that you are dealing with the computer challenged. The .RRP files are indeed saved on my computer in a C:\Documents and Settings\... file. When the email attachment reaches the other computer it will not open or play and does not give the option to "Change File Settings". RaceRender has been installed on the other computer. It must be something very simple that I am missing and I appreciate your patience.
No problem... If Windows can't open the .RRP file (ie it doesn't know which application to open it with), then it sounds like that file type just isn't associated on that system. If you open RaceRender once on the recipient computer, it should automatically associate the .RRP file type with itself. The exception is that Windows Vista and Windows 7 tend to break this functionality for a lot of programs, so if that is the operating system being used, you may just need to right-click on the program icon in the Start Menu and choose "Run as Administrator", which will give it authority it needs to add it's file type to the system registry. You should only have to do that once.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
normank
Racer

Will try and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Traqmate and Aiptek HD