Sponsored by:

SCCA ITE SEASON OPENER at SEARS POINT (InfinionRaceway) March 29, '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default SCCA ITE SEASON OPENER at SEARS POINT (InfinionRaceway) March 29, '09

Anyone plan on going to Infinion for the SCCA ITE Season opener race? Looks like there are quite a few new trick cars planning on running the season, including a 350z turbo with a claimed 650hp as well as the Griggs Racing Mustang and the usual suspects. ( Camaro, Vet, SC S2000, 928, vipers, M3s, etc) Though the grapevine, a few more interesting cars will be show up this season as well.

We have had a few porsches, but only when the guys from the NW come down and race with us at Laguna seca. Many of the PRC folks will wait until the PRC/NASA weekend, but this is a great group to run with. Kind of reminds me of a poor man's World Challenge GT race with all the different models and makes that show up.

Anyone thinking about it, practice is on Saturday with qual and race on Sunday.

Next race will be at Laguna Seca at the end of April. Remember, we (SCCA) get to run at 103db at Laguna. That alone is worth the price of admission!

Its been a long cold winter waiting to get racing again. Finally, its time!

mk
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

NASA has their 2nd race of the season the weekend prior......

Widow is nearly "ready"......but I won't be until 2010, or at least thats the plan....but with the increased competition, I'd be lucky for a top 10 unless I find a bunch more HP.....
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Dont worry about places, its all about racing. You find a few guys that are near your time and you then develop your skills. Its much more about lap time and places. You can always add the power and performance later to work up to the front as your budget allows.

Some of the best racing we have had has been in the 2nd to 6th places. How much experience did Jordan in the 4x4 evo get while "hot lapping" during our races with 100 extra HP!

mk

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
NASA has their 2nd race of the season the weekend prior......

Widow is nearly "ready"......but I won't be until 2010, or at least thats the plan....but with the increased competition, I'd be lucky for a top 10 unless I find a bunch more HP.....
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately that's the same weekend as PCA's Club Race at Thunderhill. Mark you should bring your hotrod over there and race against the 44 Porsches signed up to date....
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Now, that is tempting!

I wondered why there were not many porsches signed up for the SCCA events. seems they are always falling on the same weekends as PRC or PCA!

I really want to race at sears this month, as my last few races have been at T-hill. Ill have to find a way to get to a couple of PCA races this season. going down to Cal speedway this season?

Mk

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Unfortunately that's the same weekend as PCA's Club Race at Thunderhill. Mark you should bring your hotrod over there and race against the 44 Porsches signed up to date....
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Now, that is tempting!

I wondered why there were not many porsches signed up for the SCCA events. seems they are always falling on the same weekends as PRC or PCA!

I really want to race at sears this month, as my last few races have been at T-hill. Ill have to find a way to get to a couple of PCA races this season. going down to Cal speedway this season?
Mk
You Nor Cal guys are so blessed with those tracks to choose from. I miss Sears but we can never get enough participants to fill the event. Oh well, maybe a PRC-NASA event later this year....

Cal Speedway will be a good event as always. I'll be there and probably Mark A. if his collarbone's healed. Hey it's only 3 weekend away....

Quick Reply: SCCA ITE SEASON OPENER at SEARS POINT (InfinionRaceway) March 29, '09