NEED PCA Region Assistance Please For DE's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
snap_oversteer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED PCA Region Assistance Please For DE's

Hello all,

First I appreciate your time assisting me in this matter.

I am in the process of moving from NJ to Orange County, CA. In looking at Zone 8 on the west coast via their respective web sites, it seems some regions are more "concours" and "Autocross" oriented vs here which has heavy DE.

Could any of you provide guidance to which region, within Zone 8, is the most DE centric?

Any other feedback would be excellent. PM or direct post is fine as well.

Thanks to all and SPRING IS NEAR!

snap_oversteer
Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Greg Phillips
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default DE or Time trials in SoCal

Originally Posted by snap_oversteer
Hello all,

First I appreciate your time assisting me in this matter.

I am in the process of moving from NJ to Orange County, CA. In looking at Zone 8 on the west coast via their respective web sites, it seems some regions are more "concours" and "Autocross" oriented vs here which has heavy DE.

Could any of you provide guidance to which region, within Zone 8, is the most DE centric?

Any other feedback would be excellent. PM or direct post is fine as well.

Thanks to all and SPRING IS NEAR!

snap_oversteer
Short answer would be San Diego Region(www.pcasdr.org), although Orange County Region is starting to do more events.
One issue is that there is a shortage of tracks near LA, the San Diego Region does time trials at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow in Kern County, Auto Club Speedway (California Speedway) in Riverside County, and the Spring Mountain track in Pahrump, Nevada.
We also do a few DE's using the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot in San Diego.
We are also going to be doing our first DE this year using just the infield track at Auto Club Speedway.
Another group to look at is Porsche Owner's Club (POC) who put on a large number of track events, primarily a Willow Springs.

Greg Phillips
Old 03-10-2009, 03:09 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

The other option is the Porsche Owners Club, which is completely DE/TT/Club-Racing-centric.

And then there are lots of other groups that do DEs and track days here. The popular tracks are Willow Springs, also its short-track Streets of Willow course, California Speedway, and Buttonwillow. As Greg mentions, you're also a day's drive from Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Thunderhill, Las Vegas Motor Speedway (and also its club course), Spring Mountain, and Reno-Fernley.

'Spring is near' won't mean as much to you after you get out here. We race every single week of the year.

(There's also autocrossing. But I don't know anything about that.)
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

lucky you..............if only I could get back to CA and "drive every week."
eeeesh, the jealousy............

Quick Reply: NEED PCA Region Assistance Please For DE's