Sponsored by:

new Hampshier motor speedway

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Hampshier motor speedway

anyone do a de or race at this track?how is it,website says 1.6 miles but it looks a lot bigger in the layout picture.

event is listed on motorsportreg.com with -- com sports car club,anybody done an event with this club?

I'll tell you why i ask nnjr/pca is doing April 3 advanced only,than April 4-5 everyone.

i don't think i can handle 3 days on Pocono north,so was thinking of doing Pocono on friday april 3 and maybe go to new Hampshire on sat/sun April 4-5.

or does anyone know of any other events this weekend DE'S

oh yea i know its hit or miss at Pocono cold/snow?probably same in new Hampshire maybe worse.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I like NHIS less than Pocono, especially with a faster car.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Stu,

Save your energy for LCMT and Calabogie the week of July 6 thru 12. Three days at LCMT and then one day off then three days at Calabogie. Good way to hit both tracks. I know it is some time from now and we all have "no track days" withdrawl. We are all getting the itch I am sure.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
I like NHIS less than Pocono, especially with a faster car.
whats it another Shenandoah
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Stu,

Save your energy for LCMT and Calabogie the week of July 6 thru 12. Three days at LCMT and then one day off then three days at Calabogie. Good way to hit both tracks. I know it is some time from now and we all have "no track days" withdrawl. We are all getting the itch I am sure.
hey mike

can't do calabogie cars too loud.

are their noise police at tremblant too?

i have mosport on schedule forjuly 24-26 w/nnjr

the 3 days at nnjr pocono april 3-5 they should also do the south course to change it up. i mean really 3 days on the north is way toooo much.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done a handful of days at New Hampshire. Most recent of which was about four years ago. It's an interesting track and like any other has it's strengths and weaknesses. The bowl on the outfield is pretty cool and going on and off the banking is unique. The transition from infield to outfield is kinda cool because there's a lot less grip as you're crossing the NASCAR back straight and it comes back when you get to the outfield pavement. The exciting part is your loose and drifting toward the break in the NASCAR wall and then the car grips and transitions from understeer to oversteer you can drag the tail all the way up the hill to the bowl. I've done some of the Pocono configurations too. If the pavement wasn't so bad at Pocono I would prefer it over New Hampshire.

Every track is unique and I'm a firm believer that you should try to drive as many tracks as you can.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't care much for NHIS - maybe because it was a combination of an oval NASCAR track and a road course. You are in NJ, and from there I'd first "get tired of" (if even possible) NJMSP, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and Monticello (there are some PCA events going there this year).
Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
hey mike

can't do calabogie cars too loud.

are their noise police at tremblant too?

i have mosport on schedule forjuly 24-26 w/nnjr

the 3 days at nnjr pocono april 3-5 they should also do the south course to change it up. i mean really 3 days on the north is way toooo much.
tremblant is far worse than calabogie for noise restrictions
Old 03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to be a lot going on at Pocono that same weekend. Check out http://thetrackschedule.com for other options.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
s997gt3
Racer

east course never try'ed that one it says sponsor is track time for cars.to bad not the south course cause i like that set up its a fun little track.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NHMS is an oversized go-cart track. It's 18 miles from my house so I have to like it. However, I look forward to going to LCMT and WGI events and it's tough coming home after events at those tracks.

btw....April 4-5 in New Hampshire you are likely to need snow tires or at least all season tires.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Alan G.
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default don't do it

I've tried to drive as many tracks as possible, and have generally felt they are all good. They all have their pluses. I enjoyed NHIS on my beat up 3.2, but not so in my RSA because it is so damn hard on the equipment. Looks like you got some real nice equipment.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

I used to like NHIS, mostly due to the proximity when I lived in Boston. I don't think I'd travel as far as NJ.

I have some great memories from that track, and events from the Metro NY region as well as New England region. I miss the 3-day late October event there...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NHIS is the least rhythmic, most chopped up track I have ever driven and not much fun.

My experience is with Northeast tracks only.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM
granracing
Advanced

What Willard said. It's neat to walk around the facility, and watching road racing there is kinda cool but I'd prefer not to do any days there. Then again, I'm not a fan of rovals including Pocono. I will say I like NHI!S more than Pocono.

Quick Reply: new Hampshier motor speedway