Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If today you were in the market for new harnesses.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was the other thing I considered in my purchase -- would the vendor re-web. Simpson (previous set) stopped rewebbing and many of the others will not do so.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

That was the other thing I considered in my purchase -- would the vendor re-web. Simpson (previous set) stopped rewebbing and many of the others will not do so.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Mike,

Scrhoth makes a belt that is more of a enduro minded. A team used it at 12 hr race at Portland and with the Lemans style start they were on their way many many seconds before anyone else. There were still cars coming out of the pits when they came by for lap one. Pull up belts, easy to grab straps, etc.
Just got these from HMS love them.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
aft911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I went with the Team Tech "Jet Pilot" 7 point harness. It is the MOST comfortable harness that I have ever used, and it retains your torso in every way. Because it cradles your legs, it does not have to be ridiculously tight either to hold you in place. Not a big name like Schroth, but a great harness.
About time there was some love for Team Tech. I love mine. And they re-weave.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:33 PM
chasen1211
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm also in the mists of purchasing new belts for an older Celica that I will be putting around in for the next couple seasons. I'm on a bit of a budget, so the G-Force 6pt harness seems like a good choice as they're not too expensive. I have Schorth Profi-II(non Hans) in the P-car and really like them. I plan on getting a Hans device soon, so my question is this:

1) Is it possible to use the hans with a 3in shoulder belt?

2) would it be better to just bite the bullet and equip both cars with Hans specific harnesses?

TIA,
Chasen
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chasen1211
I'm also in the mists of purchasing new belts for an older Celica that I will be putting around in for the next couple seasons. I'm on a bit of a budget, so the G-Force 6pt harness seems like a good choice as they're not too expensive. I have Schorth Profi-II(non Hans) in the P-car and really like them. I plan on getting a Hans device soon, so my question is this:

1) Is it possible to use the hans with a 3in shoulder belt?

2) would it be better to just bite the bullet and equip both cars with Hans specific harnesses?

TIA,
Chasen
To my knowledge all sled tests for HANS devices have been with a 3" belt. The SFI test actually requires a 3" belt.

As for what harness style to choose, I would worry more about the mounting geometry than the harness style as that has WAY more to do with things like keeping the belt on the device.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chasen1211
1) Is it possible to use the hans with a 3in shoulder belt? 2) would it be better to just bite the bullet and equip both cars with Hans specific harnesses?
As for what harness style to choose, I would worry more about the mounting geometry than the harness style as that has WAY more to do with things like keeping the belt on the device.
Absolutely 100%^10!!!

The type of belt is irrelevant in my experience, given an optimized setup. The architecture is CRITICAL.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 AM
MJHanna
Instructor

I went with Safecraft http://www.safecraft.com/product_pag...uctSubCatID=14
for my last belt. They custom made it for no addtional charge. I'm very pleased with the results, plus they rewebb for free
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 AM
dmwhite
Instructor

Scrhoth makes a belt that is more of a enduro minded.
we used these (wish i could remember the exact model) in the car we ran in the VIR 13hr last year...they work great for enduros...our driver changes were very quick (especially with seth thomas on driver change duty, he seemed oddly comfortable with digging for the sub-belt...creepy)

the only issue i had with them is that when you tightened the shoulder belts, you had to push down on the adjuster to engage it (if that makes sense), otherwise it would loosen up just a little before it engaged/caught...not a huge issue, just kind of an annoyance...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwhite
our driver changes were very quick (especially with seth thomas on driver change duty, he seemed oddly comfortable with digging for the sub-belt...creepy)

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 03-20-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM
DWalker
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I went with the Team Tech "Jet Pilot" 7 point harness. It is the MOST comfortable harness that I have ever used, and it retains your torso in every way. Because it cradles your legs, it does not have to be ridiculously tight either to hold you in place. Not a big name like Schroth, but a great harness.

I agree- wont use anything else in my own cars again.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Scroth for HANS. That's what I have and I really like them. Check to see if Joe at Circuit Motorsports carries them (lets support our sponsors).
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't carry them but I do recommend Joe at HMS, if you want Schroth, for them without hesitation.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Status Racing just released FIA approved harnesses in 4/5/6 point offerings. I just got a set of the 5 point and must admit they're some of the nicest harnesses I've seen in some time with proper packaging to boot.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Has anyone used the Schroth Profi II-Y with the double shoulder belt for the HANS?

Quick Reply: If today you were in the market for new harnesses.......