My Dog.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM
tman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pedro and Pablo just chillin'
Attachment 337752

Last edited by tman; 03-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I will admit I am typing this with tears in my eyes...yes I will admit that.

This is Buddy. He is a Shih-Tzu and lived to be 17.5 years old. I can not even explain to you all how much my wife an I miss him. Buddy developed a liver disease on December the 8th, 2008 and spent 6 days at the animal hospital ICU. He passed away on December 14th 2008.
My wife and I never had children so Buddy took that place in our hearts. I have had a lot of dogs in my life and been around a lot and Buddy was the smartest I have known...extremely sweet and loving and he never ever once growled or snapped at anyone including children grabbing at him. He was just simply the best...my best friend in the whole world...I miss him so much!

Here is a page about him: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/882274
Attached Images      
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike I'm usually pretty sarcastic and glib, but I mean this in all sincerity when I say that I understand and feel your loss.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:21 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Kurves
Nice tights there big fella.....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Think of all that he gave you . He did not go until he knew you were ready.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, dogs are a reflection of ourselves and our relationships. They give back what you initially give them. Love them deeply when they are here, miss them terribly when they are gone, know that they lived a great life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Mike, dogs are a reflection of ourselves and our relationships. They give back what you initially give them. Love them deeply when they are here, miss them terribly when they are gone, know that they lived a great life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
wow, well said.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM
drvirden
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lola is the Great Pyrenees and Sascha Maassen is 3/4 GSD (first pic). Both are rescues as are our other two dogs Rex (GSD in the second pic below) and Target (lab/border collie mix). PLEASE spay or neuter your critters, even if you never plan to breed them and even if they never leave your house or yard. Sascha came to a rescue group at 3.5 weeks old, along with 12 others from the litter. Momma dog got out of the yard, got knocked up, and because they weren't purebred the puppies had no value to the owner and he just wanted to be rid of them. All survived, somehow. Lola was found wandering the side of a busy highway at about 3 months old with two littermates. She was in such bad shape I didn't think she was going to make it.

Target was named for the Target parking lot where she was found, and Rex is a 9 y.o. that we are fostering for the local Humane Society.

There are many more animals born each year than homes which can house them. We lost 3 of our original 4 last year due to age-related illnesses (two are below in the formal pic), and it didn't take any time at all for new ones who needed a home to find us. Please consider adoption or rescue for the next member of your family. There are rescue groups for almost every breed nationwide. I'm getting off my soapbox now...

Name:  2008 10 Lola & Sascha & us.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  145.2 KB

Name:  2008.10 Rex the Rescue Dog (4).JPG
Views: 43
Size:  189.9 KB

Name:  2007 02  Pups (4).jpg
Views: 48
Size:  47.4 KB
Old 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I'd say even better than that, we give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.

It's the best deal man has ever made.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I'd say even better than that, we give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.

It's the best deal man has ever made.
Here Here!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

VR is still befuddled that this thread is still here !
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
No dogs here. So here are cats

-td
Wow, LOTS of Bengal owners on Rennlist. Here are my two boys:
Attached Images    
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Greyci at our PCA Dyno Day, measuring in at about 1/2 HP.

I had to put her down the day after Thanksgiving, after a very short fight with bone cancer. We had amputated her hind leg and started chemo, but to no avail. She passed as gracefully as she came in.

She was a rescued racer, and led a great retired life. Greyhounds are beautiful creatures, both in motion, and to be around. They have an amazing aura of wisdom about them. I feel honored to have been in her life and graced by her presence.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2009, 05:33 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Greyci at our PCA Dyno Day, measuring in at about 1/2 HP.

I had to put her down the day after Thanksgiving, after a very short fight with bone cancer. We had amputated her hind leg and started chemo, but to no avail. She passed as gracefully as she came in.

She was a rescued racer, and led a great retired life. Greyhounds are beautiful creatures, both in motion, and to be around. They have an amazing aura of wisdom about them. I feel honored to have been in her life and graced by her presence.
Sorry to hear about Greyci. Take heart that the enthusiasm shown by you and others here on R'list eventually convinced me that adopting a greyhound is the right thing to do. So we're in the process of adopting a retired racer right now. I started a thread in OT the other day about it.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

It's remarks like those above that make me proud to be associated with such an outstanding group of individuals. The way you treat & feel about your animals says so much about you.

PS: Adrienne,
What a beautiful, graceful dog. Our neighbors have a couple of rescue Greyhounds. They are super dogs!

Quick Reply: My Dog.