Sponsored by:

HCP "Cups and Saucers" Advanced DE May 13 - 14 WGI

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts
Default HCP "Cups and Saucers" Advanced DE May 13 - 14 WGI

Hudson Champlain Region’s Advanced Driver Education " Cups and Saucers " event with Driver coaching provided by Speed Secrets.

Join us on May 13 - 14, 2009 at Watkins Glen International, for a two-day, two run-group format for Advanced Drivers. Lots and lots of track time including classroom seminars and individual coaching provided by Speed Secrets, secure an hour or more and learn these techniques at this event. Speed Secret Coaches are experienced and certified in coaching at the highest levels of the sport. These are not off-duty drivers trying to stay close to the track while they wait to secure their next ride. Each one understands the value of coaching as a profession and is committed to “Whatever It Takes.”

When asked the majority of Drivers what they are planning to do this season that will make them faster, a common reply is “ obtain additional seat time.” Many drivers feel that with additional seat time they will be able to achieve their goals. While there is some truth to this, seat time alone will never help you reach your true potential and bring out that great performance that you know is within you. In some cases, all seat time will do is reinforce bad habits that cause your lap times to become worse, not to mention your enthusiasm for driving. After working with thousands of drivers over the years, Certified Speed Secret Coaches know what it will take to get you to your goals; seat time is only a part of it. You stand the greatest chance to reach your goals if you work with a driver Coach to identify the areas that have the greatest impact on your lap times and put a systematic plan in place in order to improve in those areas. No matter what level of experience you have now, working with a Speed Secrets Coach will make you faster. In the process you will also find out how to learn faster than your competitors, which will continue to provide benefit to you long into the future.

Speed Secrets focus on the mental and physical aspects of improving your lap times. Most other coaches focus on what is referred to as the physical aspects of making you faster. This takes the form of working with you on driving technique, finding the line, hitting your marks etc. While this is important, there is a whole other side to increased performance. This has to do with getting more out of the car by getting more out of yourself. More specifically, once you understand that your mind can become your greatest ally, you will have a significant advantage. Working with a Speed Secrets Coach will help you understand how a driver’s mind works, how to get into the zone more consistently, how to improve your focus and concentration, and the all important role of mental imagery. Speed Secrets Race Coaching team is made up of a network of race driving coaches who are recognized as some of the leading and most sought-after coaches in all of racing. We invite you to meet and listen to Scott Leder; presenter of Ross Bentley's Speed Secrets seminar, for all drivers at no additional cost, and secure a full hour or more with a certified Speed Secrets coach to experience first hand how to be faster and more consistent from the most respected race and performance driver coaches in North America.

For those of you new to our “Cups and Saucers“; the following is the event format. We will have 2 run groups at this event for advanced drivers only. White run group drivers must have 5 days minimum experience at Watkins Glen International to attend. Drivers have the option to sign up for Cups run group OR Saucers run group. You may choose your group on the event application, guidelines to follow.

CUPS: Run group for high horsepower & modified cars.
SAUCERS: Run group for lower horsepower & streetcars.

Run groups will be 30 minutes each, same as last year. Run group currently on the track will be marked at staging. Registration for the Advanced Driver Education " Cups and Saucers " with coaching provided by Speed Secrets is now open. We will also provide a German Buffet dinner evening of May 13th with the Speed Secret coaches at Castel Grisch Winery at no additional cost. Trackside overnight camping is available at this event May 12 & 13, 2009. Overnight camping not available on May 14th

Forms are available at Hudson Champlain Region web site http://hcp.pca.org/registrationform.html

Please Contact Registrar - Chris Whaley at registrar@hcp-pca.com or
Patti Torre-Dobush - Track Chair at track@hcp-pca.com
for more information on this spectacular event.

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Hudson Champlain Region PCA President
Celebrating our 50th Anniversary 1959-2009
president@hcp-pca.com

Last edited by Driver8; 02-15-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Alright - I was afraid that this event had been non renewed.
Now I can plan out my (DE) schedule.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Will be there again... One of my favorite events all year. Last year I think I got in a total of 7 hours on the track in the 2 days - Had to go get fuel and eat / hydrate you know
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've worked with Scott Leder from Speed Secrets for the past year and can highly recommend him and the other Speed Secrets Coaches. Cups and Saucers is a great event and one of my favorites.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this event and understand it routinely sells out. It would be even better, IMO, if only there were at least one day separating it and the Mid-Ohio CR. I did both cups and the Mid-Ohio CR last year and between all the towing and driving it was a bit exhausting. May have to pass this year and just to do the CR.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I too find it a shame there is not a day in between to get to Mid-Ohio. Tough choice as this is the best event of the year hands down, unless of course you are trying your first Club Race...........
Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like fun. Sign me up.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

We are continually working with WGI to improve our dates. A weekend would be ideal (but highly unlikely), so we are looking for a Monday - Tuesday or Thursday - Friday opening in the future.

@ Giacomo & smsarchitects, "So what is it going to take to get you to join us at the Glen?"

Aaron
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

This is a fun event, and I'm looking forward to being there again this year.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver8
We are continually working with WGI to improve our dates. A weekend would be ideal (but highly unlikely), so we are looking for a Monday - Tuesday or Thursday - Friday opening in the future.

@ Giacomo & smsarchitects, "So what is it going to take to get you to join us at the Glen?"

Aaron
I'm still hammering out the possibilities of attending both cups (Wed-Thurs) and the Mid-Ohio club race (Fri-Sun). Basically I require someone to share the towing duties Thursday afternoon from WGI to Mid-Ohio so I don't arrive totally exhausted.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Roll call. Who will joining us?

I'll start things off

I'm in and I'll be driving
06 Cayman S
Arctic Silver #8
stop by my garage and say hi.

Aaron
Old 02-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

New car?!?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Yes in deedie do. I picked it up at the beginning of December. It has been sitting in my garage since (it has been a long winter for me)! It came nicely equipped with the sport steering wheel, Sport Chrono Plus, PASM and 19's.

I will be running at Lime Rock in April to get ready for the Advanced DE in May.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Spectacular! I just signed up for April 6 - see you there!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Van,

I signed up for the NNJR event on the 15th and 16th. The 6th is our Monthly Meeting and I kinda have to be there.

Quick Reply: HCP "Cups and Saucers" Advanced DE May 13 - 14 WGI