Which chin spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Look for a bumper/splitter with a removable splitter if you can. Purchase splitters in bulk racer packs. Don't bolt them tight to the bumper, You want the spliter to come off when it hits something. Not if, when. If you never scrape the splitter it is too high.
I hadn't thought of that. Easier to replace the splitter vs the whole thing. Good advice.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Streak: sent you a PM
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Look for a bumper/splitter with a removable splitter if you can. Purchase splitters in bulk racer packs. Don't bolt them tight to the bumper, You want the spliter to come off when it hits something. Not if, when. If you never scrape the splitter it is too high.
I don't know how low your ride height is but mine's pretty low and I still have to put a skirt on my bumper/splitter from Getty Design. I've never broken my front splitter that's integrated with the bumper and have well over 100 hours on it....
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
MLIN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savowood
Now I'm down to 1:26 and dropping.

-Michael
To be fair, I probably have more miles racing on a race course than the two of you combined, including your DE time. I started racing when I was 7 (I'll be 41 in less than a month), and raced in at least half a dozen countries on three continents.

-Michael

Not many people are able to get a non-S down to 1:31 without R-compounds. I did it with PS2s. I scared the crap out of the guy riding with me, and another instructor.

-Michael
Any vid?

Since we are still a couple of months away from a SP event, why not post a vid and we can all learn from it.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

RACING IS SERIOUS BIZNESS!!!!111!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by MLIN
Any vid?

Since we are still a couple of months away from a SP event, why not post a vid and we can all learn from it.
OK here's one. This is from the Summit Point PCA Club race in October. I'm not getting the most out of the hoohoos for sure. Turn 1 I'm off line and late to get back on the gas, I was also tight inside to protect my position from Pete ducking back under me and at that speed I was trying to shorten the distance rather than drive to track out needlessly. Right or wrong, that's T1. I need to not tap the brakes from 5 to 6. I'm off the apex in 6. I hesitate on the gas before T9 and I'm late on the gas thru T10. That's what I can critique. If T1 had not been a passing situation I may have shaved a little off the time.

Since others are the benchmark (I'm clearly not "benchmark" material yet) I have seen similar cars with times as low as 1:24. A little lighter with a little less hp but that guy can drive!

In the Nasa race I could only see a consistent low 1:28. The seconds are out there. At least 3 maybe 4. But where?

http://www.vimeo.com/3057262
Old 02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Full court press from S****...but I can handle it.

To be fair, I probably have more miles racing on a race course than the two of you combined, including your DE time. I started racing when I was 7 (I'll be 41 in less than a month), and raced in at least half a dozen countries on three continents.

Not many people are able to get a non-S down to 1:31 without R-compounds. I did it with PS2s. I scared the crap out of the guy riding with me, and another instructor, Gerry (the dentist with the SM and the M3), was chasing me and was surprised he couldn't keep up with me.

As I recall, you did well with your day at FATT. Chris said he was able to fix a few things in your technique, and you were getting faster, although the traffic made it difficult to get you consistent. There were a few people in the group reluctant to let you pass. Apparently they knew your reputation.

-Michael
I am in awe of your awesomeness.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:32 PM
BlackTalon
Track Day

Originally Posted by MLIN
Any vid?

Originally Posted by Streak
OK here's one.
Too funny
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
RACING IS SERIOUS BIZNESS!!!!111!!
X2 lolzerz
Old 02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would love to have the crap scared out of me. Where do I sign up?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
savowood
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
I would love to have the crap scared out of me. Where do I sign up?
Just sit in the passenger seat of your car with any of the BSR instructors driving.

Or just get in a stock Boxster pulling 1:31 on street tires. The sphincter factor was quite high.

-Michael
Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Just sit in the passenger seat of your car with any of the BSR instructors driving.

Or just get in a stock Boxster pulling 1:31 on street tires. The sphincter factor was quite high.

-Michael
Why would someone that is fast scare the crap out of me? How is that a measurement of quickness?

Whatever Chief.

Back to the original topic of chin spoilers...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
roundel
Track Day

Wow! a BSR Instructor. I wonder if I wore my BSR shirt to a ALMS event if I could just walk up to a team and demand to drive.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roundel
Wow! a BSR Instructor. I wonder if I wore my BSR shirt to a ALMS event if I could just walk up to a team and demand to drive.
Wow post #1 and it's a solid grounder out to center for a base hit
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift
I am in awe of your awesomeness.

Quick Reply: Which chin spoiler?