Sponsored by:

2009 F1 Season , Testing , News and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
I have to admit that I am immensely amused by someone who claims to be such an expert on F1, but put up a poll about who would win the WDC and managed to not even include the driver who has taken the first two events. Yup, great inside knowledge of the sport.

LMFAO! Twig & Berries goes down in flames again!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

I have to admit that I am immensely amused by someone who claims to be such an expert on F1, but put up a poll about who would win the WDC and managed to not even include the driver who has taken the first two events. Yup, great inside knowledge of the sport.
Now that was funny!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Hey, I should get props for picking Barrichello. At least I got the right team.
Hey, I had Rubens as my dark horse and gave ltc my picks so verify it so Wayne couldn't spin it his way.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't be so hard on 'ol Wayne. He's good at what he does, Cut & Paste and watch the calender to start a new thread about the upcoming race...

VR, I'll see your Owned and Raise you an Owned.
Attached Images   
Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

That second one is one of my all time favorites!!!

Here are a couple of more...

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 05-24-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you are sure this driver will win the WDC .....................

You must be new to racing , the driver who has won the first 2 races were excluded from the poll as he has been dormant the last 4 yrs, noticed his teammate is listed and the poll was limited to 10 drivers .

Now a wager ?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh , you guys are such Sods , I'm on to another sport now ....

You just gotta love football .................................... :

Finn, näkevät sinut alkuun puolella
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-16-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...Finn, näkevät sinut alkuun puolella
Next month?

In other news: Ron Dennis has finally had enough of F1 and fully resigned. He's still leading McLaren Automotive which makes their sportscars but as far as F1 activities go, he's out.
(Interestingly little birds have been singing that there was not enough room for Ron & Lewis...)
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
So you are sure this driver will win the WDC .....................

You must be new to racing , the driver who has won the first 2 races were excluded from the poll as he has been dormant the last 4 yrs, noticed his teammate is listed and the poll was limited to 10 drivers .

Now a wager ?
As usual, you miss the obvious comments and try to twist everything you can.

Look back and you will see that I am not one who has ever claimed inside or extensive knowledge of F1. I am just like you in that I don't know jack about what really goes on in F1 - but the difference is that I readily admit it.

Yes, I am new to racing - I think I have only been involved for 35+ years. Feel free to educate me about racing - F1, driving, data, car set-up - anything you choose. Oh, and don't forget to educate me about HP and Torque too because I am a dumbs$%t who really needs your help.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah Mark and you have never been on a racetrack let alone raced a car!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...s-1669600.html

Ferrari become first F1 team to ditch KERS

AP

Ferrari is the first Formula One team to ditch the problematic KERS energy-boost system, electing not to use it for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix.

Ferrari had a failure in the KERS system on Kimi Raikkonen's car during practice for the previous race in Malaysia earlier this month, and while it went ahead with the technology for the race at Sepang, it has elected not to do so for Shanghai.

"We need to understand what happened to the system from the point of view of safety and reliability," Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said. "It has delivered a performance benefit, but if it is not running safely and reliably, we can no longer take the risk of running it."

The KERS technology stores energy from braking, which can then be used at driver discretion to provide a brief power boost for up to 6 seconds per lap.

The teams that have used KERS so far this season have had little success, despite added straight-line speed, and the device does add extra weight to the car.

BMW's Robert Kubica will use the technology in China, having opted out in the opening two races. His teammate Nick Heidfeld had used it in both Australia and Malaysia.

China will also witness the first attempts by rival teams to mimic the controversial diffuser designs used on the Brawn, Toyota and Williams cars. Those diffusers survived a legal challenge this week, putting the onus on other teams to come up with similar designs to match the clear speed advantage of the three teams already using it.

Renault and McLaren were two teams expected to alter their diffusers for Shanghai, though a true re-working of their designs will have to wait until next week's Grand Prix in Bahrain, and possibly not even then.

An entirely new design would require an overhaul of the bodywork and aerodynamic package, and Ferrari is one team that will wait until a return to the European races to match the two-tiered diffuser, which channels and distributes air under the cars.

That meant Brawn, Toyota and Williams should retain their edge in Shanghai.

"If we do a good job, we should be ready by the time we return to Europe for the Spanish Grand Prix: at least, that is our current target," Domenicali said.

"I am sure Ross (Brawn's) car will be flying away and we will be trying to catch up as quickly as possible. But the more races that go by as you try and find the required performance level, the more points they will score.

"I am not saying we are already waving the white flag, because this is not in our mentality and we will fight right up to the moment that we can no longer win."

Renault's Fernando Alonso was more concerned with tire grip in Shanghai, slamming the decision to use the super-soft compound as the option tire this weekend on the hard-wearing circuit.

"I think it is the worst decision they made in a long time, because it is a ridiculous tire for here, for Shanghai," Alonso was quoted saying. "I don't know if Bridgestone made the decision or the FIA, but they have to reconsider this type of decision because we look ridiculous."
Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobt993
Yah Mark and you have never been on a racetrack let alone raced a car!!!!

And yet again, Twig & Berries self-impales...

Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
And yet again, Twig & Berries self-impales...

Shhhhhh, let him go, he's off to bug the **** out of someone else in soccer. Knowing A. Wayne, he'll probably pick someone like England that didn't even qualify for the European Cup in 2008 and come back in late July 2010 and declare that he picked the World Cup winner for next year.

Getting back on topic, Ferrari's ditching of KERS is about 1 race too late. When Kimi had the onboard meltdown in the 1st practice and later another failure in the 2nd practice, that was the time to unload the KERS plan. Of course, they stuck with it and the rest is history. We'll see if they have any better pace without KERS, but until that diffuser design is refined, it's doubtful.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Shhhhhh, let him go, he's off to bug the **** out of someone else in soccer. Knowing A. Wayne, he'll probably pick someone like England that didn't even qualify for the European Cup in 2008 and come back in late July 2010 and declare that he picked the World Cup winner for next year.

Getting back on topic, Ferrari's ditching of KERS is about 1 race too late. When Kimi had the onboard meltdown in the 1st practice and later another failure in the 2nd practice, that was the time to unload the KERS plan. Of course, they stuck with it and the rest is history. We'll see if they have any better pace without KERS, but until that diffuser design is refined, it's doubtful.

Wayne, as seen through our eyes:

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-20-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to burst your bubbles, Mark, but when A. Wayne's not cutting and pasting, he's coming up with these gems on his own. Found this in the OT section. Another EPIC FAIL on Wayne's part. Too bad he doesn't bring his "A" game down here.

QUOTE FROM A. WAYNE: The diffusers will be deemed illegal ...............................

You simply can't make this up!

Quick Reply: 2009 F1 Season , Testing , News and Updates