Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winterfest InCar Events...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Great videos. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun or at least a lot of entertaining moments! Did you get to look at anymore data on teh weekend?

Sorry for not stopping back by on Saturday. I came down with a sinus infection on Saturday and stayed hidden the whole day except when on track.

Shoot me an email at seth@seththomas.net and let's see when we can do some coaching!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brinkley, I guess that you didn't drive the 6-hour enduro on Thursday. I was driving in Super Solo for 4 days. We left at lunch on Sunday with a long ride home to PA. Here is video that I shot on Friday - http://www.vimeo.com/2856674 in the last session.

I was a great event, but many of the DE sessions got cut short due to racing cleanup. There were 2 Ford GT's that had a "bad" day on Saturday. One (silver) had a minor fire after hitting the wall at T1 and the other (blue) got messed up, too.

Steve
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
RSchoeni
Instructor

Brinkley,
Thanks for posting the excellent vids. I recall watching your red boxster. It looked nicely settled from my spectating points at the T1 bumps, T15/16, and into T17. It sounds awesome. It was interesting to me how smoothly the 911s (and your box) handled the rough surfaces whereas the BMWs seemed to be more nervous and stiffly sprung.

Regarding the Ford GTs: I was near the T1 corner stand when the #40 Robertson GTR passed a group of cars on the inside. The right rear suspension collapsed mid corner causing a lurid slide to the outside of T1. The driver kept the GTR off the wall, but was collected by a lavender (eew) Spec Miata. An engine compartment fire ensued. The blue GTR was fast on the straights but seemed to lead a conga line through the corners.

My solo group sessions ended in smoke on day one when I neatly executed a 3-2 shift near the Star/Finish. The motor died entering T13.
_____
bs
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

wow when I watched Peters videos it was like no one there. I wathched the one and thoght what happened to the great drivers in Super Solo, a little scary and shouldnt be
Boyd
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Boyd,
What do you mean by this line?

"I wathched the one and thoght what happened to the great drivers in Super Solo, a little scary and shouldnt be"

This is the Race Group not SS so there is a little more assertiveness, maybe?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Seth,

Thank you very much for the help. After we spoke I laid down a 2:25.8 during Saturday's race, which was 3 seconds better than my previous best. Only you and your teammate "Clay" had better times in our class!. I posted a video of that lap in another thread but here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-5o...e=channel_page

I know there is more time to be had and will continue to work with the feel of the new LSD. Christian and I will keep in touch regarding additional time.

Last edited by Brinkley; 01-21-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Seth,
I've been looking over my sector times as you discussed. What do you think when my Best Lap is .2 sec from the Eclectic Lap.
My Rolling Min Time = My Best Lap Time! is that good?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Seth,
I've been looking over my sector times as you discussed. What do you think when my Best Lap is .2 sec from the Eclectic Lap.
My Rolling Min Time = My Best Lap Time! is that good?
Email me your data and let me look over it.

From the sentence above it appears like you were doing everything right. From what we discussed this weekend, I think there is something going on with the eclectic compared to the Rolling minimum on your PC. Let me see if I get the same info on mine.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Seth,

Thank you very much for the help. After we spoke I laid down a 2:25.8 during Saturday's race, which was 3 seconds better than my previous best. Only you and your teammate "Clay" had better times in our class!. I posted a video of that lap in another thread but here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-5o...e=channel_page

I know there is more time to be had and will continue to work with the feel of the new LSD. Christian and I will keep in touch regarding additional time.
Dude, great driving. I especially like that you went thru each gear on your downshifts. This was a big topic for debate in another thread a while back. Glad that it's more than just Seth & me & a few other folks who do this religiously.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Sorry
Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Email sent! Great job on the fast laps!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 AM
jenk12m