Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Cherry Popped!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Terry, that is a great video...you handled the pass like a pro.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Madness
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go Terry - most of us knew it was only a matter of time. Welcome to the racer's clan; see you at the track.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Terry - does this mean you'll be racing the yellow car?? If so, what classes will you be placed in in PBOC and PCA?
I had planned to campaign the yellow car in PBOC in R2 the year, but my business was dealt a big set back. As hard as it is to say it, I'm leaving the "cereal killer" on the trailer until business conditions turn around.
In the mean time, I am available as a stunt driver for enduro's! Need a co-driver Rich?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 AM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
Here's a short clip from the night race.
---

...At the time it happened, I was pretty hacked off, but now its just amusing. I set the BMW for an inside pass - I'd let him track out and I'd scoot down the inside. ....too bad he didn't cooperate with my plan! He came across my bow and I flashed my lights to let him know where I was, but he kept coming and I had to get out of the throttle. Then in turn one, he plants himself square in the middle of the track - can't pass right or left! I stuck my nose inside him on turn 3 and "got wide" inside the carousel.

In a lap the red mist was gone and the frosty driver returned to the wheel.

Congrats! T!

-But that BMW closing the door was BS! hes blocking big time... in 2 turns.

Take that video to the stewards... they need to see that... before someone gets hurt.

OTOH, its probably legal. I only saw 1 move (to the right), not 2moves rt/left.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PedroNole
By the way, you don't have any video of me passing you this weekend do you
Video doesn't quite do it justice. The cockpit fills with light as if I were being abducted by aliens. The lights get brighter and a screaming noise gets louder and louder till you freeze with fear - then the lights go out and you only see two little red dots on the horizon.
All Hail Boxing Cat!

Hell no, I don't have you on video - you move too damn fast! You qualified more than 10 seconds a lap faster than us over at "team doughboy".
Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,674 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Me? No. Not until this economy does a 180.

Besides I need some coaching. Know anyone?
Yeah, I know one or two people...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The lights get brighter and a screaming noise gets louder and louder till you freeze with fear
he he he....tell me more, tell me more
Old 01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
jslindst
Intermediate

To make my "first time" memorable (and to keep the defloweration meme going) I decided to it as a co-driver in a 6 hour night enduro. ....what could possibly go wrong there?!?! My friend Bob offered me a seat in his 996. We didn't hit the track with the goal of setting fast laps, we just wanted to finish the race. When your track preparations include a stop for Patron, you know its all about having a good time!
Terry, what lap time/pace were you guys running at? Based on the closing speed I'm guessing you were lapping the BMW & he was not in your class. This incident illustrates one of the things that makes multi-class racing both challenging & sometimes a little dangerous. Looks like there were large fields at Winterfest so it can be difficult, especially at night, to determine who is faster or slower than you and not in your class & who you are actually racing against for position in class. It can be frustrating when you are in the process of lapping a car that is not in your class & he/she is racing you like its the last lap of the 12 Hours. Looks like you did a good job being patient & waiting for the safest place to get by. Nice driving.

Welcome to the racing side. Its a little more edgy than even Super Solo. Hopefully business will pick up for you(and me, I'm broke also) & we can do some racing this year with PBOC.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Racing Cherry Popped!