Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spec series & tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM
granracing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where does one find a 70 - 120 car field with the same class of cars (other than SM)? Sounds like fun!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,674 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by granracing
Where does one find a 70 - 120 car field with the same class of cars (other than SM)? Sounds like fun!!!
Who said anything about the same class?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

standing starts too
Attached Images   
Old 01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Sean, with respect, you are a medium-sized fish in a very small pond. Go race where there are routinely 70-120 car fields, or go race entry-level pro, and you will not be winning, at least not initially. I surely would hope you are still having fun (and learning) finishing 5th, or 15th, because that would be the reality.
I never claimed to be a 100% winner or that I am the second coming of schumi. I just said the fun in racing is winning for me, and not by attendance.

As for me racing in bigger series..I have enough money to run 1 season in GAC ST or MX-5 cup, but I can't repeat it. And I know one season isn't enough. My "pro" career won't be a few races and done venture.

Thanks for the character analysis, we'll hold off on yours.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SG_M3
I never claimed to be a 100% winner or that I am the second coming of schumi. I just said the fun in racing is winning for me, and not by attendance.

As for me racing in bigger series..I have enough money to run 1 season in GAC ST or MX-5 cup, but I can't repeat it. And I know one season isn't enough. My "pro" career won't be a few races and done venture.

Thanks for the character analysis, we'll hold off on yours.
I don't believe I offered any sort of character analysis, Sean. Don't get all butthurt and pissy.

I hope you do run that one season, for the experience of a lifetime. And I hope it leads to a second one.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When SR was converted to SRF, both classes ran together. They started 102 or 103 cars in the June Sprints. Until the last few years, 70-80 SRFs was the norm for the Sprints. The back of the pack was just past Canada Corner when the green flag dropped.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
granracing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun is a by-product of of winning, for me at least. I'm not having fun finishing 5th.
Unfortunately I've fallen into the same trap but really want to get out of it. For me, the "I'll only have fun if I win" thought process really took a lot of the fun factor out of racing for me, I took it all too seriously, and it became work. Kinda goes against the whole reason for this hobby.

Who said anything about the same class?
If it's not in the same class, so what?

Karting? Eh, I'll be honest and say I don't have the ***** to do that. Now the SRF gig could be fun although I'm more partial to a non-spec class.

Veloce - just curious, do you race with a GAC team? If so, which one?

--Dave
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately I've fallen into the same trap but really want to get out of it. For me, the "I'll only have fun if I win" thought process really took a lot of the fun factor out of racing for me, I took it all too seriously, and it became work. Kinda goes against the whole reason for this hobby.

If it's not in the same class, so what?

Karting? Eh, I'll be honest and say I don't have the ***** to do that. Now the SRF gig could be fun although I'm more partial to a non-spec class.

Veloce - just curious, do you race with a GAC team? If so, which one?

--Dave
I do not currently. I did, for a team that has since disbanded. And I also started out a so-so fish in a very small pond.

Quick Reply: Spec series & tires