LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Sounds good, just ask around for Viking. I will probably have a silver Miata with red hardtop there that belongs to a customer of mine.
Sounds good I will be in
<--------- cant miss it lol

Eon S.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Would be happy to orient you to the facilities and introduce you to the big wigs (like mglobe ). Seriously, he runs the mentor program - relevant to both green and advanced drivers who have never been to TWS.
holy crap, I'm a bigger legend you your mind than I am in mine. I didn't think that was possible.

Glad you're going to make it Russell. Looking forward to it.

Eon, please do stop by and visit with the mentors. We have an orientation meeting on Friday night at the beautiful Manor House. It's geared towards folks that have never driven on a track, but you may get something out of it anyway.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
holy crap, I'm a bigger legend you your mind than I am in mine. I didn't think that was possible.

Glad you're going to make it Russell. Looking forward to it.
Ok, you got me. I was brown nosing for a garage . I won't be able to get out of big D before the rush hour starts, so the commute will be longer and I'll end up missing the Friday nite Manor Ho fun.

Same here... I finally get to check out your 996 build.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming in late on this thread, but I'll be there in the pinata. Will also be mentoring so I look forward to meeting all the new students and helping man the martini shaker for Globe.

I'm also excited that my son Brian will be joining me for his first official PCA DE! Look for him in green in my miata.

Dave, Looking forward to having you ride with me! And also looking forward to riding in your car for a full session this time. Last time, I think we got maybe three laps in before they black flagged the whole red session when someone hit the wall near T15.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I'm also excited that my son Brian will be joining me for his first official PCA DE! Look for him in green in my miata.
THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! Way to go, Greg!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone give me Jake's email. I have finally solved some ABS problems with my car and it is ready, and I want to test it and prepare for the TWS club race. I was hoping to weasel my way in as an instructor (but I see red has 60 entries). Perhaps I can drive in white and still instruct.

I think I may be of some use to 911 club racers and drivers- I have recorded 1 of only 3, 1:53's at TWS in 10 years (results posted qualifying 2007) and run consistent 1:54's or low 1:55's (2006 and 2008) in a perfectly legal C (now H) class stock car with 260 RWHP. I also have track records (race) at MSR long track and Heartland Park in that same car.

I would happy to take people for rides also. I thnk the car should run well with 4 new wheel bearings, new rotors, the ABS problem solved, and a few other repairs/improvements. If I can't get a pass as an instructor, I might see if I can sign up and buy one day in the white run group.

-Keith Olcha
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Keith, if you're there and they allow you to have someone ride along, I would like to hitch a ride. Can't learn enough! I'm in White as it stands now.

Toby
Old 01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
cs jeff
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olcha911
Can someone give me Jake's email. I have finally solved some ABS problems with my car and it is ready, and I want to test it and prepare for the TWS club race. I was hoping to weasel my way in as an instructor (but I see red has 60 entries). Perhaps I can drive in white and still instruct.

I think I may be of some use to 911 club racers and drivers- I have recorded 1 of only 3, 1:53's at TWS in 10 years (results posted qualifying 2007) and run consistent 1:54's or low 1:55's (2006 and 2008) in a perfectly legal C (now H) class stock car with 260 RWHP. I also have track records (race) at MSR long track and Heartland Park in that same car.

I would happy to take people for rides also. I thnk the car should run well with 4 new wheel bearings, new rotors, the ABS problem solved, and a few other repairs/improvements. If I can't get a pass as an instructor, I might see if I can sign up and buy one day in the white run group.

-Keith Olcha
Keith,

Would love to have you ride with me again...
Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can someone give me Jake's email.
-Keith Olcha
Keith, you can find Jake's email at the top of this page:

http://boxster.986.org/gallery/LSR-Instructors
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Coming in late on this thread, but I'll be there in the pinata. Will also be mentoring so I look forward to meeting all the new students and helping man the martini shaker for Globe.

Dave, Looking forward to having you ride with me! And also looking forward to riding in your car for a full session this time. Last time, I think we got maybe three laps in before they black flagged the whole red session when someone hit the wall near T15.
Werd dawg.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

a perfectly legal C (now H) class stock car with 260 RWHP.
Damn. I wish I had 260 RWHP.

Keith, I am sure Jake will let you instruct.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Thanks Russell, I emailed Jake and Richard Jackson.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

"Damn. I wish I had 260 RWHP."

Sorry if that came out wrong, but in ten (10) years, and dozens of drivers running there including Chris Cervelli, Jim Buckley, Jim Cherry, Jim Collier, Rod Johnson, Lee Wilkins,...,... I figured if only three people got into the 1:53's it might be that I'm a decent driver... And conversly, I might be able to offer something to the gang...

-Keith
Old 01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Keith, I was joking. I think you'll find in another thread that I specifically singled you out as a very good driver...

HERE
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Keith Olcha
Originally Posted by cs jeff
Keith,

Would love to have you ride with me again...
Dang it. He got to you first.

Quick Reply: LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?