LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87_944s
Sounds good, maybe I could get a few pointers while I'm there as it will be my first time at TWS, and my first track other than our local track (No Problem Raceway). Now on to youtube for some TWS education

Eon S.
Would be happy to orient you to the facilities and introduce you to the big wigs (like mglobe ). Seriously, he runs the mentor program - relevant to both green and advanced drivers who have never been to TWS. You can return the first timer favor some day - I'm originally from south Louisiana but have never been to No Problem. Have often thought about it since I have family in NO, BR, Laf, Alex, etc...

As far as the track, there should be a signup sheet for yellow to request one of the advanced instructors; you might try to get on that list first thing Saturday morning.

A few of us post HD vids from TWS on Vimeo. A little better quality. Here are a few of my vids that will at least give you a visual. One from each direction.

http://www.vimeo.com/821788
http://www.vimeo.com/1200937
Old 01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Would be happy to orient you to the facilities and introduce you to the big wigs (like mglobe ). Seriously, he runs the mentor program - relevant to both green and advanced drivers who have never been to TWS. You can return the first timer favor some day - I'm originally from south Louisiana but have never been to No Problem. Have often thought about it since I have family in NO, BR, Laf, Alex, etc...

As far as the track, there should be a signup sheet for yellow to request one of the advanced instructors; you might try to get on that list first thing Saturday morning.

A few of us post HD vids from TWS on Vimeo. A little better quality. Here are a few of my vids that will at least give you a visual. One from each direction.

http://www.vimeo.com/821788
http://www.vimeo.com/1200937

Unfortunately I don't have 2 race seats yet so I don't know about the instructor thing. I have heard from some of our instructors that it is up to the instructor as to if they will ride in a stock seat or not, any truth in that? I think I would be good if I could maybe grab a ride with someone if they have an open seat for a session.

You should definitely come down for a DE one time its a fun track...not that I have anything to compare it to yet, but I'm having a blast so far We are supposed to have a DE at NPR a few weeks after the one at TWS.

Eon S.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou

^^^ this may ground my fun
Hmmm. Just put some Techron in there, clear it right up!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Haven't heard that before; they certainly do ride in stock seats in the street cars. One of them will chime in with an answer - VR, West, weneversleep are just a few of the LSR instructors that are already on this thread.

Yep, next best option is to ride shotgun during an instructor session.

Last and least, you can always follow someone out in Yellow, but at TWS they organize the grid into 4 groups, and usually launch by group. So you'd want to coordinate with someone in your group.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Russell, yes the rain check is still valid. What group will you be in?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Well, I'm yellow, and I know that makes it difficult. I sent a note to Richard re: my white status with Mav and Drivers Edge, but you know how those things go. If the group assignment doesn't change b/w now and then, I would just try to get a check ride early in the weekend and then coordinate w you from a white run group. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot. Probably heading out after lunch on Sunday, so I'd be angling towards a Sat. afternoon or Sunday am slot.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Haven't heard that before; they certainly do ride in stock seats in the street cars. One of them will chime in with an answer - VR, West, weneversleep are just a few of the LSR instructors that are already on this thread.
Should have clarified, I have race seat and 6pt harness, pass. seat is stock with stock belt.

Eon S.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Well, I'm yellow, and I know that makes it difficult. I sent a note to Richard re: my white status with Mav and Drivers Edge, but you know how those things go. If the group assignment doesn't change b/w now and then, I would just try to get a check ride early in the weekend and then coordinate w you from a white run group. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot. Probably heading out after lunch on Sunday, so I'd be angling towards a Sat. afternoon or Sunday am slot.
OK, we'll sort it out when we get closer.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, we'll sort it out when we get closer.
Yep, whatever works out. Seems like it's been so long since I've been to TWS (that scorcher in June) that you could probably find a second or two just by observing from the pit wall.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have clarified, I have race seat and 6pt harness, pass. seat is stock with stock belt.

Eon S.
The rule is equal restraints/seats for driver and passenger, that being said, there are a number of instructors that will still ride with you, myself included. I actually prefer the stock belts over some of the 5/6 point harness installs I have seen.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
The rule is equal restraints/seats for driver and passenger, that being said, there are a number of instructors that will still ride with you, myself included. I actually prefer the stock belts over some of the 5/6 point harness installs I have seen.
Ok that is what I was told as well I just wasn't sure how most instructors felt about that. Only instructors that I have been knowing for some time now have said that they would ride with me in stock equipment. Are you instructing at this event?

Eon S.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Ok that is what I was told as well I just wasn't sure how most instructors felt about that. Only instructors that I have been knowing for some time now have said that they would ride with me in stock equipment. Are you instructing at this event?

Eon S.
I will be instructing at the event but already have a couple students assigned to me so depending on which run group you are in I could probably get in for atleast one session, maybe more.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just got pmt/registration confirmation; now in white.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I will be instructing at the event but already have a couple students assigned to me so depending on which run group you are in I could probably get in for atleast one session, maybe more.
That would be great even if it is only one session, I'm going to be running in Yellow.

Eon S.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

That would be great even if it is only one session, I'm going to be running in Yellow.

Eon S.
Sounds good, just ask around for Viking. I will probably have a silver Miata with red hardtop there that belongs to a customer of mine.

Quick Reply: LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?