Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any deals on the chasecam setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Andy, if you have the DaVid system then why do you also have the Chasecam SSR?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
Absolutely agree Jim and I do that. I can pull the MPEG2 files onto my laptop at the track and watch them after a session. I was just commenting on the post hoc efforts.
You can do precisely the same with HD, of course. Move the card from your camera to your laptop, and you are watching the video in a snap. There's no special magic about HD video in this respect, but the quality and resolution of 720P makes it really easy to see a level of detail that simply isn't possible in standard resolution. Try comparing a still frame from your Chasecam [interlaced, so its actually half a frame of picture information] with a still frame in 720P. Game over.

The HD files are larger, but that's no big deal unless you're still running a 1995 PC with a 1Gb hard drive. Uploading HD to Vimeo is pretty much bombproof, happens in background, and the video is typically available online in less than 20 minutes. Their compression quality is impressive. You loose frame size, but the detail is still there.

Throw HD onto a BlueRay DVD or direct to a large screen and its really schweet.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

I have the Chase Cam box to record on a flash card then play on my computer. This way I don;t have to have a cable running from the AIM to my laptop to watch videos.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

I may sell the whole system. Cost is over 5k for all the goodies. I'd take 3k obo . The car may be mothballed for this season due to the ecnomic situation and so forth.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

i have a chasecam setup for sale. interested parties please contact me at johnc@cupcar.net and i'll furnish details. thanks

Quick Reply: Any deals on the chasecam setup