Sponsored by:

need tire and wheel advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default need tire and wheel advice

i do not have my p car yet, but in the mean time i want to keep tracking my Audi A4 2.0t 6spd and sport suspension. Since i plan on purchasing another car just for the track i just want some cheap wheels and good tires i can have some fun with, this way if i lose money on the resale it will not be to crazy.

thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure what you are asking for - advice on track wheels / tires for an Audi? Ironically, I have an 07 A4 2.0T manual with Sport Suspension as my daily driver and have been happy with it. If I were tracking it, I wouldn't bother changing wheels and tires - save your money for the Porsche If determined to get a new set, try TireRack configuration for a set or try one of the Audi forums where people know Audi so much better.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i do not have my p car yet, but in the mean time i want to keep tracking my Audi A4 2.0t 6spd and sport suspension. Since i plan on purchasing another car just for the track i just want some cheap wheels and good tires i can have some fun with, this way if i lose money on the resale it will not be to crazy.

thanks
Depending on the size needed the following are all great dual purpose track and street tires. No secod set of rims needed.

Yokohama AD07's My Favorite $$$$$$$$
Bridgestone RE01R $$$$$
Dunlop Direzza Star Spec. $$$

Peter
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

i was just thinking a second set of cheap rims because this is my DD, right now they have pirellis on the car, i wasnt sure if an R rated tire was better for track days
Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

How are you defining "cheap"? Inexpensive bling wheels or used BBS's? My point is dont buy junk for the track. I have seen very good wheels come apart at the track. If your stock wheels are decent, consider using those and buy something else for DD.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

see if you can find a cheap set of used stock take-off wheels on an audi forum, then buy some Nitto NT01's for them.

Quick Reply: need tire and wheel advice