Sponsored by:

Beware NEIL ORTON

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Beware NEIL ORTON

Multiple people complaining he's ripped them off.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-boxter-s.html
Old 12-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Ed Eubanks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a suggestion

I'm not a 6speed member, but I read the posted thread and would appreciate it if you would forward this to Contigo.

It looks like you have done all you could to get the guy to do the right thing.

Now you need to spend a few bucks on a local GA lawyer to file a complaint in small claims court for the NSF check, and allege in the complaint that you relied on the defendant personally (through the course of your correspondence, for instance) to make good on the check. Make it clear to the lawyer you want a judgment against the guy personally.

Your real problem now is that unless you can get around the corporate identity, any judgment you get is only as good as the company that wrote the check. And usually small corps are asset poor (or hard as hell to chase).

But if you can get the local court to "pierce the veil" to the individual you can tag him personally. Then it gets easier. You can chase him, and domesticate the judgment wherever he lives. As the saying goes "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold".

Good luck and happy hunting.

Ed
Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I can't comment on this particular situation but Neil has done work on my car ( as well a some friends). I haven't met a perfect mechanic or tuner yet, but I am quite satisfied with the work he has done to date.

In my view (and I believe the friends who referred me to him) he is quite a good mechanic, hard working but unfortunately a poor businessman. From what I know he has real trouble managing cash flow. I don't believe he is sinister or has bad intentions but the cash flow issue seems to get him in jams- perhaps the one being referenced on 6speed. If so I hope that he gets them resolved soon.

Last edited by Ritter v4.0; 12-12-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Beware NEIL ORTON