Sponsored by:

great wife or what

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 04:20 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John H
It is indescribably pleasant to have a wife who supports and understands your passions.
Neat quote.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,510 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
VR - there is no doubt that your current avetar has been the best EVER seen on RL!!!
Really? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
it took me a while to figure this out, but eventually I realized that all car modifications and such actually cost double what you think. This is because you must do the car, but then at least match it with a token of equal or greater value to the wife/girlfriend to keep her happy.

ding, ding, ding, parity is THE key. My love just surprised me with another weekend in early Jan.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Default 911

I just picked up another Formula Vee several months ago, and last week my wife said "why don't you get another car"? So , I'm looking for another 911
to drive during the summer months. I guess she figures it will be cheaper
to get the 911 than the Challenger R/T ($33k) I've been drooling over. Then
again, I think she meant that I should replace the Durango with a Ram 1500
Quad Cab, but what the heck, the net amount will be the same. What a wife!

Mark
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I think I got most of you guys beat:

1) I got my wife a Hans for an anniversary and she was pretty happy.
2) She tracks an Elise with Ohlins and was glad that I had bought a lift since she replaced the coilovers herself.

I'm lucky.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
DWalker
Racer

When I first met my wife, I took her with me when I provided trackside service to my customers and made sure she knew that this is a part of my life and always would be. She really seemed to enjoy the trips, even when it was freezing cold, burning hot, or poiuring down rain, and married me after a year or so. I know amazing huh?

Fast forward 3 years....

I have not owned a racecar myself for some time, and she has heard me wish from time to time that for something to build up and race myself. Earlier this summer she bought a 911 Turbo racecar project for me to finish out and race along with an enclosed trailer. Its a 993 GT2-bodied early tub with 930 trans and 3.5litre turbo engine. The fenders,hood, doors, tail, are all composite and it came complete with a spare set or front fenders and nose, painted to match. It is my favorite body style and in fact is EXACTLY the car I have talked about building for myself, and she knew that this car waould be exactly what I would want. I cannot tell you how much this has meant to me...

We celebrate our 3rd anniversary today, Dec 8. It will be a great day for both of us..
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It's great when your wife loves the track as much as you do. Margo and I are both instructors, and it does not hurt when she is faster than 90% of the other drivers. It's a lot of fun when a driver comes up to me after a session and says you were really flying out there, and I say sorry that was not me, it was my wife. You should see the expression on some of their faces. Also if the car needs some work done at the track she the 1st one to have the car up on jack stands and the wheels off. I'm a lucky guy.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I think I got most of you guys beat:

1) I got my wife a Hans for an anniversary and she was pretty happy.
2) She tracks an Elise with Ohlins and was glad that I had bought a lift since she replaced the coilovers herself.

I'm lucky.
Most...but not all....

1. Nadine is a certified PCA instructor, DE registrar, and Timing and Scoring for Club Racing. Papa Smurf (our race car) is officially hers.

2. when we first looked at our house when is was being build, we went into the garage, she looked at the high ceilings and said "wow, we could put a lift in here". the builder almost fell over.

3. She was excited when we got her a Cool suit this past year.

4. We spent A TON of money on our new suspension (935 set up with coil overs and remote resevoir shocks, etc). She never asked how much it cost until she drove on it. She then said "I love it, does it cost more than a month of my salary?". Nope? Cool, I love it even more...

5. She has been my navigator for 2 years at Targa Newfoundland.

6. She wants to try at least 1 or 2 new tracks per year. 2009 is Barber and Mid Ohio...she's already scheduled them...

And no...she does not have a sister!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Yes you are. My wife loves me and my hobby is something she loves ME to have. She does not share any interest in it at all but she does a great job of pretending and listens intently when I talk to her about it. I would love her to be my track buddy but at least she lets me have my fun and long weekends with the "Boys" so to speak. I guess she has the same from me as I really don't want to spend the weekend scrapbooking with her and her cronies but I did buy her every tool and camera she could want for that hobby. As you photo guys know, that can be expensive as well.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Same event weekend you brought your wife, I brought mine and she made it all of 2 laps. By lap 1.5 she was already saying "get me the F*&% out of here" and trying to unbelt herself. I really wanted her to like it, but the motion was too much for her.
Otherwise she see's it makes me happy and is supportive.
All the more reason to trade cars - I get a really fast car and you will have one that she can enjoy without getting sick. We can make the trade this coming weekend at the PCA party......we make both wives happy and it won't cost any cash. What a deal!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cheesy video time

Ok, so because of this thread you guys can see my cheese-ball video that I made for her. This is of her driving experience at Daytona and VIR. She has now driven at Daytona, VIR, Homestead and Sebring. She is returning to Daytona this weekend with the Audi Club. At least I am instructing her this time so I can keep her below 170! I am a lucky man to have someone who supports the hobby and enjoys it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZa74F2UgRg
Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc
All the more reason to trade cars - I get a really fast car and you will have one that she can enjoy without getting sick. We can make the trade this coming weekend at the PCA party......we make both wives happy and it won't cost any cash. What a deal!
Nahh. I'll keep a rear engine car. And giver her dramamine
Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Am I the only one who's spouse just doesn't get it? Let's hear from the other poor schmuck's who have to brave dirty looks everytime they plan a CR or DE outing.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
it took me a while to figure this out, but eventually I realized that all car modifications and such actually cost double what you think. This is because you must do the car, but then at least match it with a token of equal or greater value to the wife/girlfriend to keep her happy.
Bologna. That's certainly not the case here.

And I have more posts on Rennlist than my husband, DrJupeman.

(By the way, Nadine is going to love MO...One of my favorites!)
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,510 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Ok, so because of this thread you guys can see my cheese-ball video that I made for her. This is of her driving experience at Daytona and VIR. She has now driven at Daytona, VIR, Homestead and Sebring. She is returning to Daytona this weekend with the Audi Club. At least I am instructing her this time so I can keep her below 170! I am a lucky man to have someone who supports the hobby and enjoys it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZa74F2UgRg
NICE video! Was that Craig Stanton in her right seat?

Quick Reply: great wife or what