Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you change in this 24' ATC trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
wrloomis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice

Chris,

I had the same trailer (24 atc) and it was great, hauled my T1 vette in it. Sold it though (was for sale again in August, not sure now). I think you nailed it, I wouldn't add anything else. See you at Marrs 1 next year? Bill
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Assuming the economy doesn't kill me, I'll absolutely be at MARRS 1. With VIR and the tracks at NJMP and no Nelson Ledges I think the MARRS schedule for 2009 will be excellent!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:28 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris:

Love my ATC trailer and thought it was pretty similar to what you've specified until it got to the options. Holy cow! If budget really is an issue, that spec is WAYYYYY overkill. It would be a beautiful showpiece, but it won't get your car and stuff to the track any better than a trailer costing 1/3 as much.

I also had a great experience with Rezner and would wholeheartedly endorse going to them.

I paid less than $10k for mine and have maybe another $1,200 in A/C, E-Track, shoring beams, and extra tie-downs. Hammock between the shoring beams works great and while I haven't used the AC much, it was really nice at Barber this year. I have the FMVSS door latch and like it. I may someday paint or tile the floor, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it. I have the standard white trim interior which works and looks just as good as the metal interior panels on the old Featherlite. For about $200, you can put up inexpensive ez-up style canopies and not worry about wind damage or trailer clearance with the $1,200 powered awning.

The only thing I'd push for beyond a basic Quest is the radius front roof or better yet a V-nose. At speed, my square roof ATC has noticeably more drag than my former heavier Featherlite with radius roof.

Hope that's more help than bother reading my ramblings.

Joe
Old 11-26-2008, 04:23 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Ok, I am going to be the odd man out on this one, but I say budget be damned. A trailer is something you buy once every 12-15 years, assuming you get something nice. So the extra few $s don't matter much over time. Here's a few shots of my setup. It's a 32' ATC goose (8' goose, 26' box) that I tow with a F350 short bed diesel.

Key options:
Front goose area is complete carpeted (sleeping area)
Sink
Fridge (3 way, AC/DC/Propane)
Cabinets
AC w/heat strip
Wired for Sat TV
Wired for speakers
Airline track at 2 highs, full trailer length
ATP between airline track
Winch
Front curb side door (no escape door)
Solar battery charger
Electric/hydraulic landing gear
Lots of 12V lights (very nice)
Flush mounted fluorescent lights (also really nice)

Quick Reply: What would you change in this 24' ATC trailer?