Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluegrass track progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Bump. Dont know why I just thought about this place, but what ever happened?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkadi
Bump. Dont know why I just thought about this place, but what ever happened?
I was thinking about it last week and went to the website, looks like nothing has been updated in quite a while. Hope it's not dead in the water.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our Region booked a date with them two years ago and since then we have just been rolling over our deposit and hoping. About a month or two ago, I got an email from Brad who said at that time they got there financing finally. So I assume at some point that they would begin construction again. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I drove to the site last week on Friday. The gate was locked and the long entrance road up the hill is badly washed out. No car or Truck/trailer could go up that hill; it would take a 4x4 to traverse the ruts. I did not see the track but have heard it is being washed out as the drainage work was never finished. I had high hopes as it is a little over an hour away but...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikew968
I drove to the site last week on Friday. The gate was locked and the long entrance road up the hill is badly washed out. No car or Truck/trailer could go up that hill; it would take a 4x4 to traverse the ruts. I did not see the track but have heard it is being washed out as the drainage work was never finished. I had high hopes as it is a little over an hour away but...
That is really disappointing. Just over an hour away for me too...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

I have attached Brad's email to me. I have edited out some of the names but you get the gist of it. By the sounds of this they should have started on the paving this year??

I hope this email finds you doing well. We've stayed committed to Bluegrass and have been making huge internal progress since we last corresponded. I wanted to forward you this email (below) from Regions Bank to counsel which gives us a closing date. We came to a settlement agreement with our contractor last month that allowed everyone to move towards a closing.
While the email below says 10/8, I believe next week is more realistic.

Based on everything I see, I'm confident we will pave the top coat this year. I will keep you updated as we move towards this day. I appreciate your understanding.

-Brad

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 4:47 PM
To:
Cc:
Subject: RE: Regions

Mr.

We are intending to have everything signed, sealed and ready to fund by 10/8. We actually are targeting 10/1 as the date by which we will have documents ready to be signed, however, with the principals of Bluegrass in
3 different locations that process will take a few days. Additionally, I do not want to tell you a date, then not be able to deliver on it. I am confident in telling you that all necessary documentation on this credit offering can be completed within 2 weeks from today, and I anticipate that it will be completed a day or two sooner than that.

Hopefully this meets your satisfaction, please feel free to contact me directly by email or phone if you would like to discuss further. Thank you for your patience and continued cooperation.

.... President
Panama City, FL
Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little worse for wear but the track surface looks in one piece. Maybe it will get moving again.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...45447&t=h&z=15
Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

I would think if its going to happen this year they would have to start soon. I have heard several stories, the last one was that Brad had to sue the bank who reniged on his loan, they had a deal and the bank wanted to back out. Not sure if that was the case or if its in litigation.

Would sure love to do a new track.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Unfortunately there is significant damage to the base layer of the track at this point. I'm not sure how much of it can be salvaged if the project ever proceeds.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mts
Unfortunately there is significant damage to the base layer of the track at this point. I'm not sure how much of it can be salvaged if the project ever proceeds.
Dunno how that happens, or what it means, but it makes me sad.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Most of it is drainage issues that were never dealt with properly before work stopped. However, all they had down was the base layer which wasn't intended to be exposed to the elements without the top layer/sealant, etc and no care. Deterioration is the result.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

As the drainage swales per never completed and seeded before winter I am thinking all the swale areas have eroded significantly and most likely deteriorted the base as well. I feel bad for all the innocent folks who have lost money in this mess. I think most of the local clubs have deposits at risk.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 AM
sig_a
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati triangle remains a decent sized market for a road race track. But no farmer's going to sell 200 or 300 acres of productive crop land at anywhere near a reasonable figure.

Meanwhile Mid Ohio and Putnam Park remain solid real estate investments with steady business each weekend. Would be interesting to know how much Mid Ohio recently sold for.

Last edited by sig_a; 05-08-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the nearest town to the track site so I can look at a map and see how far this is from me just in case it ever does go online?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
What's the nearest town to the track site so I can look at a map and see how far this is from me just in case it ever does go online?
Probably Cincinnati, OH - Florence, KY. Click on the link to the Google Map and you can zoom out.

Quick Reply: Bluegrass track progress