Sponsored by:

Roll Call TWS 12/6

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Actually Steve, I found the skid pad and apex drill fairly instructive. I seem to be more comfortable practicing skid control at 15mph as opposed to doing so in turn 2 at TWS. The latter calls for much greater sphincter strength.
Personally I like the pucker factor practicing skid control in T2, kinda makes it more interesting knowing there is a culvert at the bottom of the embankment.

Did anyone happen to look at the roster lately? 230 people signed up 15 of whom are wait listed. Finding a place to park is going to get real interesting. First session trains will probably be fun also .

Last edited by rlm328; 11-13-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Too many interestings
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rlm328
Personally I like the pucker factor practicing skid control in T2, kinda makes it more interesting knowing there is a culvert at the bottom of the embankment.

Did anyone happen to look at the roster lately? 230 people signed up 15 of whom are wait listed. Finding a place to park is going to get real interesting. First session trains will probably be fun also .
Part of that is a large number of instructors. Run groups are all maxed out just like they always are, so it probably won't be all that different than usual. Yet another testament to how good the LSR events are imho.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
jsh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
He's Dutch? Really? I thought that was some sort of Jersey accent. I guess that explains why he keeps putting his finger in the urinal trying to keep the water from coming out of the wall. Should we tell him he doesn't need to do that?
Apparently it's the urinal or Joe the Plumber..
Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TR6
You mean the log books that they never seem to have copies of? Still waiting on mine.
Greg, you can have mine if you like. A little white-out here, an oil smudge there, and you're good to go!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 833 Posts

Part of that is a large number of instructors. Run groups are all maxed out just like they always are, so it probably won't be all that different than usual. Yet another testament to how good the LSR events are imho.
+ Juan
Old 11-14-2008, 12:51 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ervtx
Greg, you can have mine if you like. A little white-out here, an oil smudge there, and you're good to go!
As long as those aren't brown smudges on there from your instructors...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 AM
95ONE
Race Car

I am now on the wait list.
I paid well before many that are on the list. not counting the rollovers.
My only thought is that I was asked to update my PCA membership number on the Club membership board. (Via E-mail)
I Don't know why it wasn't there. I needed it to sign up the last DE.
I went and filled it back in.
Then, I get ANOTHER E-mail stating that PCA members get a 7 day preference. (As if I'm not one?!)
and that I need to fill in my membership number. - I already did this.
What is going on?
If someone out there is listening. this is wrong and I should have a very solid spot on the grid!

I had such a great time last time. I signed up extremely quick and made sure my schedule was clear.
I was going to to a motorsports event, but I changed that around to go to the next PCA event.
Pretty sure I did everything right!?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

The event was half full before registration opened due to the cancellation in Sept. To get in most run groups, you needed to register the first day registration opened. I'd suggest you contact the registrar through clubregistration.net if you have a beef, rather than do it on an open forum.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

agreed
I respond to every email ... But not to negative posts
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
95ONE
Race Car

yep. I'm throwing a fit. Owning up to this one.
Sincere apologies to everyone.
Haven't been able to race in years. I'm overly giddy about it. When I saw that I might not be able to for reasons I didn't understand, my temper got the best of me. For whatever reasons, I did it wrong.

I did enjoy everyone's company last time, Hope to see u guys in the future.
Sincerely,
Bruce.

Last edited by 95ONE; 11-17-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 95ONE
yep. I'm throwing a fit. Guilty as charged.
Your concern over the registration process is a legitimate issue. As I understand it, there are people who have not paid but are on the list, while some who have paid are on a waiting list. Is it first paid, first on the list?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Good grief people. Do you have any idea of how much work it is to run registration for one of these events? Do you think everything works perfectly every time? If so, I'd like to know what planet you're living on, cause it's not the same one I'm from.

Mr Ohio, how is it that you have inside information on registration for a Texas event? Are you sure of your facts?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
yep. I'm throwing a fit. Owning up to this one.
Sincere apologies to everyone.
Haven't been able to race in years. I'm overly giddy about it. When I saw that I might not be able to for reasons I didn't understand, my temper got the best of me. For whatever reasons, I did it wrong.

I did enjoy everyone's company last time, Hope to see u guys in the future.
Sincerely,
Bruce.
Sorry things have not worked out for you Bruce.

I understand your frustration, as we don't have that many events, and you always hate to miss one. Everyone pops off sometimes (see my response to Mr OH above).

Real men admit it and apologize when they make a mistake.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Good grief people. Do you have any idea of how much work it is to run registration for one of these events? Do you think everything works perfectly every time? If so, I'd like to know what planet you're living on, cause it's not the same one I'm from.

Mr Ohio, how is it that you have inside information on registration for a Texas event? Are you sure of your facts?
Wow, chill out, dude. I was just trying to support a fellow Rennlister who was trying to figure out why he wasn't on the list. Seemed he got slammed for doing nothing more than asking a question.

And, to answer your question, on my planet we don't think that everything works perfectly everytime. We just think we have the right to make inquiries when when it doesn't.

I greatly appreciate the registrar and everyone else who volunteers time and effort for these events. I'll be at the TWS DE and I appreciate the opportunity to participate.

Enough of this. I don't want to spoil your thread, so please go back to having fun and I'll go back to Planet Ohio.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911vet
Wow, chill out, dude. I was just trying to support a fellow Rennlister who was trying to figure out why he wasn't on the list. Seemed he got slammed for doing nothing more than asking a question.

And, to answer your question, on my planet we don't think that everything works perfectly everytime. We just think we have the right to make inquiries when when it doesn't.

I greatly appreciate the registrar and everyone else who volunteers time and effort for these events. I'll be at the TWS DE and I appreciate the opportunity to participate.

Enough of this. I don't want to spoil your thread, so please go back to having fun and I'll go back to Planet Ohio.
Well I'll offer an apology as well. Richard (the registrar) is a friend of mine, who works VERY hard to help make our events happen. He gets an amazing amount of grief from people who don't get into the events, or don't get a garage, etc, etc,.... You would be stunned if you were doing the job at the flak that comes in.

I run a DE mentor program for our chapter, have helped a little bit with registration, and on occaision look over the situation on particular individual's status. I can tell you that 99.9% of the time they don't get in simply because they are too late. Mistakes happen, but VERY rarely.

Sorry for the flame, I just think complaints need to be taken directy to the registrar rather than posted on the interweb.

Quick Reply: Roll Call TWS 12/6