Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Call TWS 12/6

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is no one confirmed that did not pay.
I am not sure where these rumors get started, but I assure you the best way to start a rumor that hurts all involved is to go off half-cocked with bad information. My email is always available and neither person on this rant have contacted me directly to ask any questions. I would have been perfectly honest and answered every question with data to back it up.

i know people are not happy. The single worst part of the job of registrar is to turn away folks that want to come. We keep our run groups to a limited number of entries due to our committment to safety and making every run the best we can put together. We did migrate about 60 folks from our September DE and I am know many of these registrants are already posting on this thread and I am sure they are grateful. I dont cancel events unless a 120MPH wind is coming right at us. I have only canceled 2 in my 5 year effort as volunteer and instructor and registrar. So these conditions we have in this event is not routine.

Hang in there guys and please feel reassured that I have nothing up my sleeve.

We have to always respect 1st come 1st serve
we have to always allow PCA members in over non-pca members
We have over 100 volunteers and we pay very very close attention to our staff (thanks to Mike Globe for his infallible work as our head of mentoring)

Now that that is settled I need to figure out how to but 100 cars into 12 paddock spots. Stay tuned I think we will see some more whining coming my way.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,500 Likes on 794 Posts

Richard does an OUTSTANDING job.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
95ONE
Race Car

I'm sure, and he was very pleasant to speak to.
I'm speaking to someone else through E-mail though.
I'm pretty sure there was a mistake made. Not getting direct answers yet.

Last edited by 95ONE; 11-17-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Edwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Richard does an OUTSTANDING job.
+1 Thanks Richard!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

thanks guys
i do it because you guys are great to work for

bruce call me in the morning and we can get to the bottom of it. you deserve to get an answer
I am just glad you finally asked ME the questions

i sent you my number via pm
Old 11-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I'm sure, and he was very pleasant to speak to.
I'm speaking to someone else through E-mail though.
I'm pretty sure there was a mistake made. Not getting direct answers yet.
Hi - just my 2 cents.... You're dealing with some great folks - Lone Star & Hill Country PCA have always put on exceptional, safe events, thus why their events are so popular. Keep in mind that they're volunteers and have busy work & personal lives as well. May be a bit, but someone will get back to you.

Earlier this year, I didn't register for one of their events because I had other plans. But my plans changed and my weekend opened up so I tried to get in at the last minute. I called & sent emails to no avail. What I didn't realize was the event was sold out and had a waiting list. All that to say, they have a system and it's fair and works well. I know your situation is different and I hope things work out for you!

Marilynn
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Blondurant
Hi - just my 2 cents.... You're dealing with some great folks - Lone Star & Hill Country PCA have always put on exceptional, safe events, thus why their events are so popular. Keep in mind that they're volunteers and have busy work & personal lives as well. May be a bit, but someone will get back to you.

Earlier this year, I didn't register for one of their events because I had other plans. But my plans changed and my weekend opened up so I tried to get in at the last minute. I called & sent emails to no avail. What I didn't realize was the event was sold out and had a waiting list. All that to say, they have a system and it's fair and works well. I know your situation is different and I hope things work out for you!

Marilynn

yep marilynn yours was particularly memorable and different than all the rest. If I recall you did not get a call back on that wednesday of the week of the event because you tried to sign up 3 days prior and between your 4-5 friends calling me I had replied to them to let you know. My apologies but I could have sworn that either Michael or Hughe had let you know.

We close registration 7 days prior to the event to get our reports stickers and paperwork run. That is if the event is not completely sold out as this one is.

thank you for your understanding
Old 11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Answers given. All explained clearly.
Yellow group sold out within 12 hours of opening! - I was 24hours. That was fast.
It was a huge rush and wasn't able to get sorted until many days later.
Apparently you guys do more than drive fast!

Late night tantrums will be kept to myself in the future.
Oh well. See you guys in the Spring.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Bruce,

Agreed these do sell out rather rapidly. Misty is having a DE the following weekend and I assume that the over flow will be there. Her DEs are fairly good with many of the same instructors.

I was one of the Ike refugees that Richard graciously moved to the December event. But having said that when it comes to signing up for one of LSRs or HCRs events I usually have my finger poised on the button at noon on the first day of sign up.

Keep th posts of your car's transformation coming so that we can follow along.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Sorry you can't make it Bruce and also sorry for popping off at you and 911Vet.

I think I already posted this, but I too recommend Misty's TWS PDS as an alternative. It's lots of fun, and I have to say the last time I ran with them, the white group was possibly the best I've ever driven with. Very courteous and skilled drivers.

Hope you, and all the others that didn't get into this one can make it out to the Feb event. There's a reason LSR's events sell out so quick. They're a blast.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
95ONE
Race Car

I'm hoping to forget bad times.
no apologies necessary.

I'm all signed up for the TWS event.

Still staying on the waitlist to the end though.

Bob, will do. Got more pics of the new brake set up for the Turbo forum.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

Sniff, okay...group hug.

Turning away drivers is always tough. You know it will be months before they are on track again. It would be nice if we didn't have run group limits but unfortunately that is the case. Has anyone tried bribing Richard with a bottle of Scotch?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Alvarado
Sniff, okay...group hug.

Turning away drivers is always tough. You know it will be months before they are on track again. It would be nice if we didn't have run group limits but unfortunately that is the case. Has anyone tried bribing Richard with a bottle of Scotch?
Given the past behavior of his 944s, a bottle of coolant might be more appropriate.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Given the past behavior of his 944s, a bottle of coolant might be more appropriate.
Or gas, or lugnuts or......
Old 11-21-2008, 11:39 AM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Or gas, or lugnuts or......

Nuts for the car or the drover

Quick Reply: Roll Call TWS 12/6