Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat mounting options to retain fore/aft sliding??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:24 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 424 Posts

The side mounts do just that... They mount on two bolts on each side of the seat that have "captured" nuts that are epoxied into the shell of the seat. The side mount brackets have three different mounting holes so you can adjust a combination of height and seat angle. The side mount brackets have an "L" shaped bottom which has holes predrilled to accept the sliders. The Recaro sliders have holes predrilled in them to match up with the mounting points on the floor pan of the car. You might have to drill the sliders to accept a full complement of mounting bolts to the car itself. I would recommend using the "stock" mounting points on the side mounts first prior to doing any customized drilling. The hole pre-drilled will work out fine unless you are tall have an insanely long torso like I do. I was getting some helmet rub on the roof with the lowest mounting point with a helmet on but for regular driving it was fine. Everything fits in the car just fine but it is a tight fit and might require some tweaking but nothing that a reasonably competent DIY'er couldnt do.

As it relates to seat installation: I put the Recaro's in mid Spring and remove them after my last event. I would want to shoot myself if I did the switcheroo for every event. My Recaro's fit me snugly but are quite comfortable once I'm in the car.

Try out seats too prior to purchase if possible. Ordering, then finding out they dont suit you would be a bitch and costly to return
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freddy: Thanks much. That clarifies it and now I get it! I have long legs, short torso, and all totalled the stature of a hobbit (5'3" woman). So I won't be rubbing my helmet on the roof. Sounds like there's a chance I can get it high enough and if not maybe can re-install the elevation kit I put in.

I now have to decide between Racaro Pole Positions and Sparco Evo.

One last question... do you have any problems using the OE seat belts while on the street?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
Freddy: Thanks much. That clarifies it and now I get it! I have long legs, short torso, and all totalled the stature of a hobbit (5'3" woman). So I won't be rubbing my helmet on the roof. Sounds like there's a chance I can get it high enough and if not maybe can re-install the elevation kit I put in.

I now have to decide between Racaro Pole Positions and Sparco Evo.

One last question... do you have any problems using the OE seat belts while on the street?
No problem using the OE seat belts at all. You will need an adapter to install the "female" portion of the stock 3 point seat belt. From what I understand the Sparco seats are a very tight fit in the car which might be a consideration due to installation difficulties. I'm pretty sure there are a few threads as it relates to their installation here. The Recaros were pretty painless overall.

Quick Reply: seat mounting options to retain fore/aft sliding??