Sponsored by:

Thanks to the Carolinas Region PCA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008 | 11:48 PM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks to the Carolinas Region PCA

We had a great race weekend. 3 sprint races and an enduro at CMP. The event was run really well. The weather was incredible. There's been lots of upgrades to the track and the facilities. And they give trophies - due mainly to minimal competition I netted my first. More of y'all should put it on your list next year.

Cheers
Randy
Old 11-03-2008 | 01:09 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Hats off to Carolinas Region for hosting this event and doing a great job. The people down there are so friendly. Congrats on your trophy Alpharetta.

I also want to say congratulations to RL user Astroman for completing his rookie weekend without incident and bringing home 2 trophies of his own.
Old 11-03-2008 | 09:29 AM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

And if anybody has pics, post 'em up!
Thanks
Old 11-03-2008 | 11:12 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Anyone know the results in GTC3? I believe a friend of mine was down there..
Old 11-03-2008 | 11:45 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Anyone know the results in GTC3? I believe a friend of mine was down there..
I look forward to seeing how he finished.
Old 11-03-2008 | 06:46 PM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

which friend was that?
I have results at home and will pm them to you if you can not find them online.

Last edited by smsarchitects; 11-03-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-03-2008 | 10:52 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you everyone for coming down to our great little track in SC! and I'm glad everyone had a great time. Those of you that haven't tried CMP, or drove it years ago are in for a real treat.

PLEASE, PLEASE bring your friends next year, we need more racers or we can't keep running our race as we lose a lot of money each year on it.....and that would really be a shame.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 11-03-2008 | 11:08 PM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

This was my first race experience and it was fantastic. What a great introduction to Club Racing!
Bob and Nadine were amazing along with Vicki, the marshals and the scrutineers.
THANK YOU!

The event was incredibly well run/organized and tons of fun. Everyone we met was so helpful and pleasant to hang out with.

I strongly recommend marking it on your calender for next year. It would be a shame to have this event disappear due to lack of attendance.

Sure, it is a long trip from NYC but well worth it. Oh, and did I mention the weather was 70 and crystal clear 4 days in a row?

btw: Bob, that 914-6 you had on display is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL car.

Last edited by smsarchitects; 11-03-2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: error
Old 11-03-2008 | 11:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Scott,
thanks, that was Huey, the car we totalled at Targa Newfoundland (and Nadine just wanted me to mention that HER car won Best Race car in the Concours!)
Old 11-04-2008 | 07:53 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

This was a great event! Thanks to all the Carolina region and National workers. The revearse order insanity race was a blast. It was funny watching the boxster do allmost 3 laps before they let the last of us out of the pit lane.

Last edited by coryf; 11-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-04-2008 | 08:16 AM
por29
Racer

The very first time I went down to CMP for the Carolinas region PCA club race, their venue became one of my favorites. The people make it all. Forget that for 4 years running the weather has been great. 65+ and sunny. For every PCA rookie candidate that comes under my wing I suggest the CMP event as there first race. I have many reasons for this and now smsarchitects joins our cadre of club racers (congradulations Scott). Scott now knows why I like to choose CMP for the intro to club racing. If I may quote Carl Tallardy, who has run many events from Mosport to Sebring "This PCA race at CMP is one of the most professionally run event on the schedule"
Many Kudos to Bob, Nadine and everyone in the Carolina's region that help make the PCA race at CMP one of the best on the PCA club racing calendar. As long as I am able, I will be back every year.

Bill Rudtner

www.rudtnersracing.com
Old 11-04-2008 | 09:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

+100000000000

Thanks to Carolinas PCA and all the National PCA officers and volunteers for a fantastic event. Couldn't have been a better place to be baptized into this fraternity

I just posted a thread on my rookie experience (it's long but a good read).
Old 11-04-2008 | 10:04 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey guys - I only run IN the event, I don't run the event..

Many thanks go to John Alpaugh, our Race Chair. Without his tireless efforts, positive attitude and total organization, we could never make this happen the way it does.

I am extremely proud to be Carolinas Region President and know we have such a great group running things. We pull off a race, many DE's and lots of other exceptionally run events every year, and this year we even held one of the most succesful Parades ever.

Thanks to EVERYONE out there that made this race happen, from John, Les & Crew, Vicki, Nadine, Geoffrey, Ray and the entire volunteer and flagger staff. In every way, you rank as some of the best out there.
Old 11-04-2008 | 10:06 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Navy

While I do not DE I do know Bob and Nadine.

They are a blessing to the Carolinas Region PCA.

Running and managing a PCA area as large as the Carolinas Region is a full time job in itself.

Nadine with Bob's help, does a fine job and she should be hugged/kissed...if appropriate.

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/463841-social-kissing-what-are-the-rules.html
Old 11-04-2008 | 12:16 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I also want to say congratulations to RL user Astroman for completing his rookie weekend without incident and bringing home 2 trophies of his own.
Thanks buddy. And thanks for being my crew member for the enduro. You didn't drop one molecule of gas!! And I expect you to be ALL OVER my back bumper next year (if not sooner)!!

As far as the trophies, it sure helps when they send the slow guys (me) out first with a big head start!! But seriously, that Handicap Race was a LOT more fun than I thought it would be.

Thanks a lot to Carolinas Region and to all the corner workers. Despite the insanity of it all, the schedule was really smooth.

And last but not least, thanks to my mentor Bill Eaddy and the rest of the "Vintage Boys Club" for taking me under their wing all weekend. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Quick Reply: Thanks to the Carolinas Region PCA