Sponsored by:

Fire systems -- what size for a 996?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Damn, somebody flick that thing off her face. WTF is that?
Dunno but I have no problem with it.....
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Globe, do you really need a fire supression system or are you just planning on doing a Ricky Bobby impersonation?

BTW - Ohlin's are in! Sway Bars on and Smart Strings are coming out of the Box tonight.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Globe, do you really need a fire supression system or are you just planning on doing a Ricky Bobby impersonation?

BTW - Ohlin's are in! Sway Bars on and Smart Strings are coming out of the Box tonight.
So... ECR next weekend?...
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
http://www.spatechnique.com/product_...t=MFM400-S|127

For 300 bucks you can't beat the price. If you have the room and a little extra weight allowance (it's steel) I would go with this one. I'm always a fan of a little bit more can't hurt. In the formula car I am space limited so I can't use a system that is this large.
That looks really good. Here is my experience. SAfecraft made a great looking unit but within 2 years the psi guage failed and stuck just a bit low. Water must have corroded it. I added psi with my nitrogen tank and the guage did not move. Therefore I bought a new guage. People with foam tanks check to make sure your guage works by noting your am psi vs. your afternoon psi when the sun has heated up your tank.

ESS makes an awesome sounding unit but the large one for tintop cars is very big and difficult to get to fit in the car. They have very cheap nozzles which look to be aluminum caps drilled with slits in them. Maybe that is all you need. Also the internal flop tube which needs to be there in case of a rollover is just cheap radiator looking hose. I wonder how long that hose can sit in the foam before it hardens and then no longer flops? Anyway the look and feel of the ESS vs. the safecraft unit was like with ESS everything was there but like made in china. It hopefully works fine and no one else has a user rechargable system.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:21 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Another datapoint. I had a 3-nozzle Safecraft 10# Halon 1301 system in my old car, mechanical pull-activated. One for the jewels (shortest line), one for the engine compartment and one over the fuel tank.

http://www.safecraft.com/product_pag...&menu=&Search=

Sorry, never had to test it out.

Holler if you're still struggling finding a way back to H-town.

Last edited by bsr_257; 11-02-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Add link

Quick Reply: Fire systems -- what size for a 996?