Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moroso/ PBIR

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Rumor that PBIR will share member days with VIR/NJMP.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkadi
I had high hopes but I am rather disappointed after watching those. I have fond memories of 4 wheel drifting out on to the wide back straight.

True, if you're looking for a drifting course, this isn't it. However, the entire track is 40' wide and a much more technically challenging course than the old one. Pit out is a bit blind but a much better entrance than the old one where you were merging into straight away traffic.

Last edited by PedroNole; 11-21-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Drifting, ah no. When trying to flatfoot that corner in a Z06 on street tires, not having a wall at the exit was nice
Old 11-21-2008, 10:26 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's another vid I found of an F-car at PBIR, and a couple spins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XNc_...eature=related
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by dblapex
what was old is new again. Yes Moroso is now called Palm Beach International Raceway and today I got a ride around the new track. All I can say is I am thrilled to have this track in my back yard. They did an amazing job on the track and I can only imagine what the final results will be when they finally complete the rest of the facility. A few things that were brought to my attention during the tour today was the fact the high point and the low point in the grade over the 2 mile track was measured to be within 3/10 of an inch. I know it may seem amazing but I believe it as after a couple laps I could not feel one bump or even transistion from one section of pavement to another. One other fact is the amount of effort that went into drainage on the new track. Miles of underground pipes and tunnels have been added for adequate drainage.

I can not wait to drive this track. While it will be shorter than the old configuration it will be alot faster.The ariel views on the web sight just dont do this place justice.

Mental note GCR PCA has an event here in January.
I'm back in the game. I will be there next month in the Boxster S with a club called Hooked on driving. After crashing the BMW at Sebring a few months ago I decided not to do DE's anymore because of lack of support from my wife. I didn't angle to get back into it. I was doing autocross-yawn. She is the one that put me in touch with her cousin to do this DE day-wimmen-who can figure them out? After reading your review, I'm excited as the one time I was there at the old track I didn't like it too much.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mark
welcome back, my next events are winterfest and 48 if around swing by and say hello
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Christian. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the track again sometime soon! Autocross is fun, but there is just too much standing around with too little track time.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 AM
dblapex
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, Glad to see you back on the horse.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing that Ferrari spinning makes me look forward to spinning there myself :-). 2 spin rule is hopefully still in effect, i.e. 2 spins in one 30 minute session and you're done for the day.

Mark welcome back.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dblapex and Erik. Dbl, I think you were the one I talked to at Sebring about my spec E30 and Erik, I remember you as my instructor the one and only time I drove the old Moroso. Look forward to seeing you both some day again!

Quick Reply: Moroso/ PBIR