Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gottagofast13
MotorsportReg is far better IMO. I've used both as a user and event organizer, and MSR is easier for both. Our attendees really appreciate that they can call or e-mail at any hour and get a response almost immediately.

They provide a great service.
sorry bud, but you obviously have never used www.clubregistration.net

try it from an admin perspective you will be bedazzeled
try it from a user and you will use it always

this is designed by a registrar
it is designed by a porsche registrant
it is designed by a club racer chairman
it is designed by a porsche enthusiast for the regions to use at no expense to the club or the driver

are you kidding?

If you are going to weigh in, having some real experience would hel[
take no offense I am sure your friend does a great job....
but it is in no way shape or form nearly the offering www.clubregistration.net affords me as a registrar, driver and instructor.

Thanks Chris keep up the great work

you have a very large broad and grateful following
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 AM
strangeengine
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Porschelist. You do go back.

John changed equipment back in May 2001, and no one has an earlier join date than that, even thouogh there are still a number around that go back to the late 90s.
Now I just feel old.

- Mark
Old 10-28-2008, 09:59 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

All I can say is thank goodness for online registration. Both Clubregistration and MotorsportReg allow you to maintain your profile with history, pay and see other events. I drive across a lot of regions and use both. They both make the process a lot easier.

I like them both equally. I haven't seen either from the admin side. But I am a happy camper
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
pukka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pmgoodwin
B) It does not ask for license plate of the car you are registering
C) it allows you to hide your name from the roster.

I think B & C are critical since it doesn't allow snooping insurance reps to see if your at a track event and it's really none of their business what my plates are.
The license plate field is optional and not publicly displayed. Each event organizer dictates whether or not the participant list is public. That's a nice ability to opt out in CR although the club organizers have the same capacity in MotorsportReg.com.

Clubregistration provides forums for discussions and MotorsportReg doesn't
Clubregistration allws you to check what numbers are available for each event.
MSR provides both of these things. Not all clubs let the user select their number so the organizer controls whether you pick during registration.

Has anybody tried either one of these from a mobile device. Since some of these events close out quickly and we may not be at a computer when registration opens mobile access may be important.
Websites that adhere closely to open standards will generally be accessible in any browser on any device (scrolling due to screen size notwithstanding). You can see the result of the industry standard validation test here:

MSR Homepage - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.motorsportreg.com (1 warning)
MSR Calendar - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ww....com/calendar/ (1 warning)

CR Homepage - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ww...gistration.net (11 errors, 17 warnings)
CR Classfieds - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ww...ieds/index.cfm (33 errors, 14 warnings)

FWIW, I have used MSR successfully on Windows Mobile 5 and iPhones as both a user and administrator.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
StackTrack
2nd Gear

Hey everyone... new to Rennlist, new to the thread, but I know at least a few people on the thread, so hopefully I'll be welcome.

This thread is near and dear to me, since I'm both an organizer and a participant. I use MotorsportReg.com for two clubs running lapping days and DE events. Each club of course should choose whichever system works best for them, and their attendees.

But I want to clear up some mis-information I've read thus far, or at least some insinuations...

1. MotorsportReg.com IS designed by event organizers, DE participants, and club racers. It is also continually enhanced and updated using feedback from both organizers and attendees.

2. It does indeed have forums where attendees can meet/discuss the upcoming event(s), and it also has separate forums where event organizers can ask questions of each other, and the developers... we can post requests/suggestions on how to make the system better, etc. This is all in addition to the accessibility of the developers.

3. MotorsportReg not only allows you to list three choices for your number, but it now allows event organizers to have permanent numbers for all its attendees, no matter the event. When you register for an event, you get a list of available numbers in a drop down form. Organizers have lots of options with numbers, they can be unique for an event, for a run group, or for a sub-event (like a time trial or something.)

4. Appearance is definitely subjective... MotorsportReg.com has no banner ads, and each page is clear and concise. (Of course, the actual registration pages are user-defined, so some are more clear than others. IT's a price to be paid for the amount of freedom each club has in configuring its events.)

5. Yes, the calendar can be a bit cumbersome, and it's something we're working with the developers to streamline a bit. But I think too, its a testament to the popularity of the site.

6. MotorsportReg is a leader and an innovator in protecting the information that goes through the website. This is one reason PayPal is not an option... no third party has to handle sensitive attendee information (except the credit card companies who have your info anyway.) That 1.5% (only per online transaction fee btw) is worth it if for no other reason for than my peace of mind.

7. MSR will go to bat for you (organizers) if you ever have a disputed charge or a declined e-check

8. Not mentioned yet is the ability to send out email blasts to members ... MotorsportReg offers organizers the ability to send emails to only instructors, or only students... additionally, you can choose to send it to only those attending or NOT attending a particular event. Soon, when we can customize member's account labels, we'll be able to send them specific sub-groups of attendees (like time trial participants, experience level specific, etc.)

As far as the other stuff (pictures, number sales, etc.) ... Brian and Mark do one thing, and they do it well: online event registration. They aren't in the business of selling numbers, or being a hub for photos. They aren't out there to be another Facebook or MySpace. Their number one goal is to have the most efficient and most complete, but also the most customizable online registration system available.

For my 1.5%, I say they've done it. I haven't used any other system in over 2 years, so I can only hope/assume that some others have improved since I used them.

Just thought I needed to speak up on some mis-information that I was reading about.

Thanks guys!
Stacy King
Asphalt Ventures
Triangle Z Club / Tarheel Sports Car Club
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

the right choice continues to be for us and for most PCA regions as well as National PCA is and will be
www.clubregistration.net

Just compare the results of who uses CRnet. people with many many more posts than 1.

I appreciate the effort Motorsport is doing getting his friends to signup and help him with some positive posts. we welcome new rennlisters all day to the best forum out there.

Though competition is very healthy we have seen already a very good post listing the differences and www.clubregistration.net has the advantage 2 to 1. Maybe Motor ought to reach out to Chris and work together. Chris is one of the nicest guy I know and he works day and night to make his site more useful and more robust each and every week. Call him and use www.clubregistration.net for your next event. Then you will see that your second and third post will be raving gratefully for www.clubregistration.net.

Thanks again Chris for what you do for PCA

Last edited by jacksonrw; 10-28-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
StackTrack
2nd Gear

Jackson, for what it's worth, even though I know you won't believe me, but as strongly as I feel about MSR, I'm not trying to convince anyone on here to jump ship and start using MotorsportReg. But every now and then I do browse the forums, and this time I saw some things that I felt warranted setting up an account and posting about... mainly misinformation about my favorite registration site... nothing more.

I would do the same for any other subject I felt strongly about, surely you can appreciate that. I'm sure you have just as much blood, sweat, and tears invested in your events as I do (maybe more), and I know a huge part of that is online registration and making a system work.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO! Funny how all the single digit posters suddenly show up.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

yep we will agree ONLINE is the route to go

i will add that I travel for my work extensively (ugh) i do almost 60% of my admin work straight from my pocket pc phone. I sit in airports - in offices between meetings - in my car - at the track and have flawless FLAWLESS connection and functionability. Amazing

Shark Attack you really ought to try it. If you do admin work for your club, you owe it to them and to yourself to use www.clubregistration.net

You too will be as passionate as I am as an advocate of www.clubregistration.net

reach out to Chris - I am sure he would love to get your call
Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm figuring Jim received the information and opinions he was looking for.

Much more.

Otherwise, I'm with Deep UV.

and welcome to Rennlist, Stack Track.

Jim, if you want your thread re-opened, pm me tonight.

Quick Reply: ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?