Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Our Region uses www.motorsportsreg.com, which is very user friendly from my experience.
Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Motorsportreg.com is a very easy site to use.
Originally Posted by 95m3racer
I'm surprised no one mentioned MotorsportReg.
Huh?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

I have used both CR and motorsportsreg. Motorsportsreg is much easier to navigate through and faster to complete from my experience.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used driveregistration.com and clubregistration.net and both are easy to navigate and anything that takes credit cards or paypal is the way to go. Seeing run groups, whose registered, etc. is great.

Anything other than snail nail!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming into this late, but I'm another very happy clubregistration.net user. Two thumbs up!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

You guys are the best. Comments like these are fantastic to receive and it really put me in a good mood. Tell you what, let's do a radio style give away. First three people to send me an email will get some free vinyl. Winshield banner or car number, your choice.

Thanks!

Chris Alvarado
ClubRegistration.net
calvarado@clubregistration.net
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

That was a quick give away. Sorry if you missed it!

Chris Alvarado
ClubRegistration.net
Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 AM
95m3racer
Pro

Whoops, missed those.

There are quite a bit of groups using motorsportreg, their software is pretty decent.

It wont be long until some company just buys them all out and merges them...
Old 10-23-2008, 04:15 AM
KurtC
Instructor

It's great. I've used motorsportreg as well and prefer clubregistrtion.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When our chapter moved over to clubregistration, we worked hand-in-hand with Chris on some upgrades, troubleshooting, etc. It was a great process and Chris was fantastic. I think the system works well, is customizable by the user, keeps track of everything especially the financial end, etc. I've used many systems over the years and this one to me is the best.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:09 AM
bjorne
Rennlist Member

Clubregistration is a great site and Chris is very helpfull and quick to respond to questions, Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
I can't stand it as a USER but I can see how it lets admins / registrars do their job easier... not that users couldn't fudge a resume etc etc but still, trying to keep the data in one place is admirable. It's too bad the interface/software is such garbage.
+1. Not very user friendly.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 PM
strangeengine
Track Day

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
BUT... clubregistration.net has something over the others. It has promised NEVER to share our names or information with marketers and even better,
We make the same promise here at MotorsportReg.com. We take privacy VERY seriously because, quite frankly, we don't like spam much either.

it NEVER takes a percentage of your club's money, though it deserves to. (I wouldn't want to give a percentage of one of our events to an organization [like Paypal], when the charity we support could do with it.)
If you are taking credit cards by any method, you are paying somewhere around 3% to process them. The additional 1.5% that MotorsportReg.com charges pays for things like redundant servers (so the site is actually up all the time), phone support during business hours, email support after hours, etc.

You get what you pay for I guess. Our list of facilities to make registration easier for event organizers is long and distinguished, as attested by our comprehensive list of PCA, BMW CCA, ACNA, and SCCA customers.

There's plenty more info here and I am always happy to talk by phone (415-462-5603).

The other big plus, IMHO, about MotorsportReg.com is that we are (to our knowledge) the only one of the registration companies in motorsports that's a full-time business. What this means is that if you or your registrants need assistance, you just pick up the phone and call us for help. The key is that we're here all day, so we ANSWER.

BTW, if you choose not to process payment via MotorsportReg.com (and collect it at the event, via Paypal, etc) you can use all of the other MSR features (registration, event management tools, etc) for FREE.

I'm trying to support clubregistration.net and I have been recommending it. I found one easy way is to help support the site is to point folks who sign up for an event, that are looking for numbers for their car - to use the "online" store.
We believe that each organization should choose the best tools for their needs. At the end of the day, it's about supporting the club members!

- Mark
MotorsportReg.com
Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by strangeengine
The additional 1.5% that MotorsportReg.com charges pays for things like redundant servers (so the site is actually up all the time), phone support during business hours, email support after hours, etc.
I don't understand why you need to justify the fact that you are a commercial venture. It's fine to make a profit. I think when an Internet-based company says things like "we need to pay for servers" it sounds disingenuous. Just say you offer a great service and set your price.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM
strangeengine
Track Day

Originally Posted by JC in NY
I don't understand why you need to justify the fact that you are a commercial venture. It's fine to make a profit. I think when an Internet-based company says things like "we need to pay for servers" it sounds disingenuous. Just say you offer a great service and set your price.
I wasn't trying to justify it, although I can certainly see how it could be read that way.

Rather, I was splitting out the two components of the 4.5% fee to show what is the credit card processing charge that someone would pay regardless of how they process cards and what goes to us here at MotorsportReg.com, which indicates the true cost of using MotorsportReg.com vs. another solution.

You are correct in that what we spend the money on doesn't really matter provided that we do, indeed, provide a great service.

- Mark
MotorsportReg.com

Quick Reply: ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?