Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Mark and Chris

The original poster was looking for opinions from other members.

You need to be sponsors to advertise your businesses on Rennlist. Thank you for repecting the site's rules.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:13 PM
strangeengine
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
The original poster was looking for opinions from other members.

You need to be sponsors to advertise your businesses on Rennlist. Thank you for repecting the sites rules.
Oops - sorry! My bad - I wasn't intending to advertise, rather address some of the issues that came up.

My apologies.

- Mark, longtime Rennlist member but only occasional poster
Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shiners780
Who uses ClubRegistration.Net for race and DE registrations? Do you like the site and registration process? I am looking for opinions both from club registrars and from drivers. Thanks!

I like it a lot but wish it would take credit cards/paypal in our region. The checks in the mail thing is so 18th century
Old 10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

NASA's is better.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:18 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

i am the Registrar for the Lone Star Region for many years. I have used CR.NET for DE's - Club Race -Concourse - socials - simply put we use it for absolutely every event we have.

It is fully customizable and Chris is the most professional I have ever worked with.

I have looked at the other systems and continue to, since we are independant. The other systems are not even close. We hold 7 events a year and our program is one of the best in the nation. when we open registration, over 100 drivers hit it in just the first 2 hours. It is flawless

it is directly tied to paypal
it generates any report I need
it is allows my CDI and I to coordinate perfectly
every user we have loves it and we have over 1000 in just our region using it
car number assignments
run group assignments
team assignments
communications with drivers and volunteers
i can go on for a long while

guys if anyone needs to use this service, the competitors are obviously weighing in...
my advise is eaither buy CR.net or get out of the business

enough said
Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
i am the Registrar for the Lone Star Region for many years. I have used CR.NET for DE's - Club Race -Concourse - socials - simply put we use it for absolutely every event we have.

It is fully customizable and Chris is the most professional I have ever worked with.

I have looked at the other systems and continue to, since we are independant. The other systems are not even close. We hold 7 events a year and our program is one of the best in the nation. when we open registration, over 100 drivers hit it in just the first 2 hours. It is flawless

it is directly tied to paypal
it generates any report I need
it is allows my CDI and I to coordinate perfectly
every user we have loves it and we have over 1000 in just our region using it
car number assignments
run group assignments
team assignments
communications with drivers and volunteers
i can go on for a long while

guys if anyone needs to use this service, the competitors are obviously weighing in...
my advise is eaither buy CR.net or get out of the business

enough said

Any idea why our region (Chicago) wouldn't use the paypal feature?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:16 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rabjohns
We have a DE this weekend
I will see Chris at the track and tell him to contact you
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by strangeengine
Oops - sorry! My bad - I wasn't intending to advertise, rather address some of the issues that came up.

My apologies.

- Mark, longtime Rennlist member but only occasional poster
hmmmmm
Old 10-26-2008, 04:42 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Originally Posted by rabjohns
They may be like our organization. Paypal takes 3%. We try to keep our rates down and still give to charity. Our typical event that 3% could be anywhere from $450 - $600. We give our profits to a charity - and the charity could do so much with that extra money.

Then I was talking recently to a PCA Region, that is scared to try Paypal. Their cancellation policy is a no refund one, and they are sure someone could get their money back via Paypal. Also, they have a list of folks that are black balled from their events. They have been told by their lawyer, that someone signing on electronically, and paying for the event, is therefore registered. And it could get sticky in a courtroom. So they take electronic "I want ins" and then permit or deny from there without a payment made.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:34 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
They may be like our organization. Paypal takes 3%. We try to keep our rates down and still give to charity. Our typical event that 3% could be anywhere from $450 - $600. We give our profits to a charity - and the charity could do so much with that extra money.

Then I was talking recently to a PCA Region, that is scared to try Paypal. Their cancellation policy is a no refund one, and they are sure someone could get their money back via Paypal. Also, they have a list of folks that are black balled from their events. They have been told by their lawyer, that someone signing on electronically, and paying for the event, is therefore registered. And it could get sticky in a courtroom. So they take electronic "I want ins" and then permit or deny from there without a payment made.
Make sense. Is the software set up to allow people who want to use paypal to choose to pay 3% extra? I would happily.

Last edited by rabjohns; 10-26-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-26-2008, 05:20 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

That's a thought - I haven't set that up. If I did that, I'd probably only do it with folks who have been with us before. I truly prefer a person new with us - to write out the application and see where they have been. Many don't realize it, but those applications can tell a lot about people...
Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

That's a thought - I haven't set that up. If I did that, I'd probably only do it with folks who have been with us before. I truly prefer a person new with us - to write out the application and see where they have been. Many don't realize it, but those applications can tell a lot about people...
That would be terrific. A first time application sounds reasonable and then ....nirvana....a machine that remembers who I am.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Respectfully, why would there need to be an applicaton? Do you turn people down based on their application? What would be the criteria for a green student's application to be accepted? What would get him or her turned down? It doesn't seem there would be need for that. I'm sure the software could be made to prevent the registration of banned people by just checking a table or something.

I personally would never sign up for any event that didn't have some sort of electronic registration and payment. Filling out apps and sending in checks would not appeal to me in the slightest when there's so many DE's to choose from that use an electonic system. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I personally would never sign up for any event that didn't have some sort of electronic registration and payment. Filling out apps and sending in checks would not appeal to me in the slightest when there's so many DE's to choose from that use an electonic system. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
+ a bazillion.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:55 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

BTW - many forget that the electronic way of registrating is very impersonal. Also, many people new to DEs, are in need/want of talking everything through with a human being. I'm watching some clubs attendance of DEs go down -- and the personal touch has been lost.

One person who is very much into electronic processing gave me a quote that stays with me - that being the "new electronic registrar" needs extra smiles.

Each to our own, and we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Quick Reply: ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?