Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
techno99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't get into clugregistration.net from home. When I login, it just kicks me back out. Does the same thing with 3 different brousers. I have no trouble from work. I like the other registration sites listed above better since they actually allow me to register.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I like DLBracing the best out of all the ones I've used which includes all the ones mentioned and myautoevents.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

CRnet works great!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

we use clubregistration.net for all DE's. Club Racing requires it, so it's easy for racers to just keep one place for all their info.

Chris has been updating and changing it over the past year or so. Some good, some not so good but easier for admin changes. It's evolving, like everything else...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jsabatini
It's OK, but I like DriversRegistration.com better.
+1, not as much "noise" on the pages and very user friendly for registrar or event chair.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:54 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiners780
I am looking for opinions both from club registrars and from drivers.
From a drivers perspective, I'm not a fan of ClubRegistration.net
  • I find the user interface very awkward.
  • I don't use PayPal or trust any service that requires my bank account & routing number. I'd much rather use a "traditional" checkout procedure.
  • Last years 48 hours/Sebring registration was a zoo. There were several pages to complete and it crashed on me - twice.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used it for registering for races and it works fine. I like it alot better than paper
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We used it as a club for the first time in June and as this was the first time our club did online registration all in all I thought it went fairly well.

We did not use paypal however and had people send us checks as several members did not feel comfortable using Paypal.

It is convenient to have each driver's history on one site.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

I like staying the old fashion way of receiving applications, see handwriting and checks via snail mail.

Recently I put Dark Side on Chris' site - and have some people who have signed on that way (ones' I know) and mail in the check. It was nice learning that you did not have to use the Paypal feature. I have found the site a very useful tool and great for one more spot to help advertise an event. It has also has come in useful to check the driver's resume, to see what run group best suits them.

Motorsportreg.com is a very easy site to use. I've known people who have had trouble with driverregistration.com when trying to register, but that was a few years ago, and probably an early bug that has since been fixed. I also know people who swear by driverregistration.com -- and have guaranteed me their lives were made so much easier because of them. I've used myautoevents.com to sign up for SCCA Autocrosses... not bad at all.

BUT... clubregistration.net has something over the others. It has promised NEVER to share our names or information with marketers and even better, it NEVER takes a percentage of your club's money, though it deserves to. (I wouldn't want to give a percentage of one of our events to an organization [like Paypal], when the charity we support could do with it.)

I'm trying to support clubregistration.net and I have been recommending it. I found one easy way is to help support the site is to point folks who sign up for an event, that are looking for numbers for their car - to use the "online" store.

Okay, that's enough writing from me...I'll step down from the soapbox now and let the next person continue....

By the way - Terry R - aren't you the owner of driverregistration.com?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I use it all the time and love it. I'm really not clear on what is such an issue for the few who complain about the user interface. It might be helpful to the developer to hear some specifics on the things you don't like. That said, it's clear enough for me, and I love being able to see who is coming, sort by name, by run group, car type,... I could not imagine having to do it by mail.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

Wow, what can I say but Thank You! Those were very flattering comments. Just for that I think I'll keep the site free! The site has certainly come a long way from when it was first written. I look back and can't believe I designed some of the features the way I did. Sebring last year was a joy. I think it cratered 15 minutes into the opening. Whoops!

The "driver resume" as completed by the driver is pretty much only used for your first couple of events. Past that I don't think any Registrar relies on it. They just look at your actual registration history. At least I do anyway.

I've said this before here, if there is something you want to see different just let me know. It may take me a while to get to it but it will get done. In fact most of the site was coded from suggestions by those who use it. As much as I'd like to take credit it wasn't all me. PCA endorsed the site as the only official registration site for PCA. So many probably won't notice some of the subtle PCA only features. Those are more focused to club racing but they are still there.

Thanks for using the site,

Chris Alvarado
ClubRegistration.net
Hill Country Region, Race Chair
calvarado@clubregistration.net.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://clubregistration.net/ is a fine web application. My company builds web applications and what Chris has done is a great achievement. And not just from a technical standpoint. Far more important is: he has made a resource that people have adopted in meaningful numbers. Anyone who does this for a living understands this is more important than anything else.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
DanR
Drifting

works well for me, easy and quick!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
aben8057
Drifting

This is the age of technology and anything via snail mail is much better.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
95m3racer
Pro

I'm surprised noone mentioned MotorsportReg.

Quick Reply: ClubRegistration.Net -- Good/Bad/Indifferent?