Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Sport Driving School: 3-Day Race License Course: Has Anyone Attended This?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Porsche Sport Driving School: 3-Day Race License Course: Has Anyone Attended This?

Folks,

Did a search and found nothing, so either nothing's been posted (it is a relatively new offering) or I flubbed the search!

Has anyone on the board been through this course? Here's a link:

http://www.porschedriving.com/Race-License-Course.aspx

I'm a 2006/2007 Grad and 'skill polisher' via the Panoz folks with only one Panoz race; the final one at the 2007 Petit. I'm also familiar with the Porsche Sport Driving School (PSDS) - formerly the Porsche Driving Experience - now based at Barber Motorsports Park and have seen most of the Panoz folks there instructor wise.

I VERY much enjoyed the Panoz 3-Day School, their Advanced Courses and Lapping Days at both Road Atlanta and Sebring. The instruction was absolutely TOPS! Now it seems that PCNA has filled the void Panoz left (Instruction/Licensing wise? It appears so! Porsche Race Series? No, at least not yet… but we can HOPE!) and has upped the ante by giving you a new Porsche to drive as opposed to a pretty well-worn (by the time I got involved) Panoz WS-GT car.

Barber is indeed a very cool, technically demanding track! My wife and I are scheduled for the March ’09 PSDS Masters Course and I'm very interested in input from anyone who has been through this new 3-Day Racing Course.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this course? If so, how would you rate it and who were your instructors?

Best Regards,

Barry
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,056 Likes on 578 Posts

barry I think it's a brand new gig
Old 10-16-2008, 01:55 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't been through it but I am signed up for March. See you there.

David
Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

C.J. Ichiban,

Yeah, it seems to be pretty freshly minted.

rabjohns,

I'm sure I don't have to reinforce the fact that you're going to have LOADS of fun...!!! Mindy and I look forward to meeting you.

Barry
Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds a lot like 3 day Skippy School but in a 997.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Inaugural class is next month, I'll be there and post comments after.
Have done the Masters a few times, PSDS runs a GREAT program,
Barber is such a fun place to drive...not that fast but highly technical!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is it?

If there's right seat instruction that's cool. You'll get a lot more out of that than people watching from corners.

Depending on what "passing exercises" are that may be something that the other schools don't do. Skippy doesn't do any on track passing exercises.

My hunch is this is the first phase of them advancing their schools with the culmination being a GT3 Cup program
Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
How much is it?

If there's right seat instruction that's cool. You'll get a lot more out of that than people watching from corners.

Depending on what "passing exercises" are that may be something that the other schools don't do. Skippy doesn't do any on track passing exercises.

My hunch is this is the first phase of them advancing their schools with the culmination being a GT3 Cup program
Web site says its $5,300, but you first need to take a "Masters" course that'll run you another $3,500. Cool as it sounds, I would probably go to the local SCCA race school.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Driving School: 3-Day Race License Course: Has Anyone Attended This?