Sponsored by:

2008 F1 Race at Fuji

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me help you and take a look at my p1 post, notice how easy it was to see the results

Anyway good attempt at trying to burying KR 's poor results again
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Let me help you and take a look at my p1 post, notice how easy it was to see the results

I forgot reading is difficult for you. No attempt to hide the results of any driver, Kimi's time is in there.

So am I to understand that since Alonso beat Lewis, Massa, and Kimi in practice (and won all of those valuable "practice points") that he will beat them in the race?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
Stayed up late and saw some of the JGP practice.

Are my eyes screwy late at night or are they running colored groove tires?
I see green grooves on the tires.

Or did they mount those colored drifting tires on the F1 cars.

Go underdogs. Kick some Ferrari Mclaren ***. Makes it more fun to watch.
Bridgestone to introduce green tyres in Japan
08 October 2008

Formula One will show its support for the FIA's Make Cars Green campaign by running on specially prepared green-grooved tyres at the Japanese Grand Prix. Bridgestone, the global partner for the FIA's campaign, launched the Make Cars Green tyre at a ceremony in Tokyo today, with support from Formula One teams McLaren-Mercedes and Ferrari, as well as their drivers Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen, Felipe Massa and Kimi Räikkönen.

The initiative demonstrates that Formula One's teams and partners are backing the Make Cars Green campaign's goal to reduce the impact of motoring on the environment.

The connections between greener motoring and Formula One will be further strengthened next year with the introduction of energy regenerating hybrid devices, one of a number of initiatives in the sport that will be increasingly relevant to the car industry and help accelerate the use of fuel-efficient technology on public roads.

FIA President Max Mosley said: "New rule changes, alongside the support for awareness-raising initiatives such as the Make Cars Green campaign, will change the face of motor sport and place it at the very heart of environmental developments in the automotive sector. "The FIA is determined to ensure that future investment in motor sport will also help drive the development of technologies that will benefit the public at large."Bridgestone CEO Shoshi Arakawa said:"We hope that the launch of the Make Cars Green tyre will draw public attention to the many environmental initiatives in and around Formula One. Environmental preservation is at the centre of our work at the Bridgestone Group and we hope that this collaboration with the FIA will help to spread this ethos worldwide."

Japan Automobile Federation President Tetsuo Tanaka said: "By aiding the development of eco-technology, Formula One can make a significant contribution towards the effort to reduce the CO2 from road traffic. And by using its global appeal to promote Make Cars Green, the sport can encourage fans and followers alike to think green when they drive."

McLaren-Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton said: "Since it first launched I've been happy to help promote the very positive messages of the Make Cars Green campaign. It is a subject that goes far beyond racing. The car is an incredibly positive thing and I think the messages of the campaign help to show us that we can all choose to drive in a greener way.

"The new Make Cars Green tyre that all the teams will be running on in Fuji is a great way to promote the campaign and a real first for Formula One. The sport can also help in other ways, especially with the launch of new energy efficient technologies next season."
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts

See what happens when you put the Italians in charge? NO one can cut and paste like Wayne.

All in good fun Wayno, keep up the good work.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
I forgot reading is difficult for you. No attempt to hide the results of any driver, Kimi's time is in there.

So am I to understand that since Alonso beat Lewis, Massa, and Kimi in practice (and won all of those valuable "practice points") that he will beat them in the race?
are you waging KR will beat FA in this race ? amigos, finn, anyone !!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if KR will qualify **** poorly.
Get stuck for laps behind a Force India or Honda for laps on end.
Then pass during pit stops. Hope Ferrari doesn't mess up their novel lollipop system.
And then do flying flying laps near the end of the race to score just in the points.

Just wondering.
Think weather forecast was for a boring dry race.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Bridgestone to introduce green tyres in Japan
08 October 2008

Formula One will show its support for the FIA's Make Cars Green campaign by running on specially prepared green-grooved tyres at the Japanese Grand Prix. Bridgestone, the global partner for the FIA's campaign, launched the Make Cars Green tyre at a ceremony in Tokyo today, with support from Formula One teams McLaren-Mercedes and Ferrari, as well as their drivers Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen, Felipe Massa and Kimi Räikkönen.

The initiative demonstrates that Formula One's teams and partners are backing the Make Cars Green campaign's goal to reduce the impact of motoring on the environment.

The connections between greener motoring and Formula One will be further strengthened next year with the introduction of energy regenerating hybrid devices, one of a number of initiatives in the sport that will be increasingly relevant to the car industry and help accelerate the use of fuel-efficient technology on public roads.

FIA President Max Mosley said: "New rule changes, alongside the support for awareness-raising initiatives such as the Make Cars Green campaign, will change the face of motor sport and place it at the very heart of environmental developments in the automotive sector. "The FIA is determined to ensure that future investment in motor sport will also help drive the development of technologies that will benefit the public at large."Bridgestone CEO Shoshi Arakawa said:"We hope that the launch of the Make Cars Green tyre will draw public attention to the many environmental initiatives in and around Formula One. Environmental preservation is at the centre of our work at the Bridgestone Group and we hope that this collaboration with the FIA will help to spread this ethos worldwide."

Japan Automobile Federation President Tetsuo Tanaka said: "By aiding the development of eco-technology, Formula One can make a significant contribution towards the effort to reduce the CO2 from road traffic. And by using its global appeal to promote Make Cars Green, the sport can encourage fans and followers alike to think green when they drive."

McLaren-Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton said: "Since it first launched I've been happy to help promote the very positive messages of the Make Cars Green campaign. It is a subject that goes far beyond racing. The car is an incredibly positive thing and I think the messages of the campaign help to show us that we can all choose to drive in a greener way.

"The new Make Cars Green tyre that all the teams will be running on in Fuji is a great way to promote the campaign and a real first for Formula One. The sport can also help in other ways, especially with the launch of new energy efficient technologies next season."
Wouldn't these tires be "greener" with no green (or any colour) paint on them at all?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hello , Helloooooooooooo amigos , Finn ..........................................

Hmmm no wager , c'mon mi amigos, waiting until Q3 , Huh ... LOL....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-10-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello , Helloooooooooooo amigos , Finn ..........................................

Hmmm no wager , c'mon mi amigos, waiting until Q3 , Huh ... LOL....
Bottle of Patron says Kimi will beat Alonso.

10 Bottles of Patron says Kimi will drive for Ferrari in 2009.

You in?
(you're free to enter for both or just one of them).
Old 10-11-2008, 12:17 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Bottle of Patron says Kimi will beat Alonso.

10 Bottles of Patron says Kimi will drive for Ferrari in 2009.

You in?
(you're free to enter for both or just one of them).
Ahh, Finn, i knew i could depend on you ........ the others have ***** the size of raisins...

would that be a bottle of Gran Burdeos ? mi amigo

Kubica fastest in damp final Japan practice

By Matt Beer Saturday, October 11th 2008, 03:04 GMT

Robert Kubica grabbed the fastest time for BMW Sauber in a damp but drying final free practice session for the Japanese Grand Prix at Fuji.

Toyota's Timo Glock continued his strong Friday form to take second, ahead of Kubica's teammate Nick Heidfeld, while the title contenders were edged down the timing screens as others improved late in the session - leaving Felipe Massa (Ferrari) seventh and Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) 11th.

The rain had largely ceased by the time the session started and the track dried steadily throughout, although times remained seven seconds down on Friday's levels.

Glock, Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso), and Heikki Kovalainen (McLaren) took turns to lead the way early on as drivers played it safe on full wet tyres initially, before Hamilton tried intermediate tyres with 18 minutes gone and duly moved to the head of the standings, albeit only by 0.3 seconds.

Hamilton then briefly lost the top spot to Glock again, before Massa moved to the front with a 1:25.709 lap 23 minutes from the end of the session.

With conditions not improving enough to make dry tyres worthwhile, the Brazilian would remain at the head of the order until the final two minutes, when first Kubica, then Renault's Nelson Piquet edged ahead.

Heidfeld also threw away in a late flying lap to beat both his teammate and the Renault, but Kubica wasn't finished yet - setting a 1:25.087 with his final lap of the session to end the hour on top.

Glock then improved to second moments later, just 0.084 seconds slower than Kubica, pushing Heidfeld down to third.

Local favourite Kazuki Nakajima (Williams) leapt to fifth in the closing seconds, with David Coulthard (Red Bull) also improving near the end to complete the top six.

Massa was pushed back to seventh, followed by Mark Webber's Red Bull, Fernando Alonso's Renault and Vettel.

Unsurprisingly the session saw countless trips across run-off areas - including a simultaneous excursion at Turn 1 by both Williams drivers - but Jarno Trulli's rotation at the Turn 6 hairpin and Kimi Raikkonen's quick spin out of the final corner were the only spins.

Force India had a troubled session, with brake problems and a hydraulic leak respectively confining Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil to the garage for much of the hour. They finally emerged with 10 minutes remaining but remained at the back of the field.

Many teams also expect rain to feature in this afternoon's qualifying session, but predictions for tomorrow suggest that this year's Fuji race will be dry.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:25.087 19
2. Glock Toyota (B) 1:25.171 + 0.084 25
3. Piquet Renault (B) 1:25.415 + 0.328 19
4. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:25.474 + 0.387 24
5. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:25.563 + 0.476 23
6. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:25.614 + 0.527 20
7. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:25.709 + 0.622 15
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:25.785 + 0.698 20
9. Alonso Renault (B) 1:25.799 + 0.712 19
10. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:25.880 + 0.793 24
11. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:25.901 + 0.814 8
12. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:25.984 + 0.897 22
13. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:26.013 + 0.926 21
14. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:26.213 + 1.126 19
15. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:26.239 + 1.152 10
16. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:26.277 + 1.190 18 Hello is this a ferrari or a FIat MR.....
17. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:26.662 + 1.575 22
18. Button Honda (B) 1:26.922 + 1.835 26
19. Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) 1:27.357 + 2.270 12
20. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari (B) 1:27.918 + 2.831 17

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-11-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

are you waging KR will beat FA in this race ? amigos, finn, anyone !!!!
Wow, you wanna lose that bad?

I'll take that bet. One bottle of booze says that KR finishes ahead of FA in this race.

Let me know prior to qualifications (if you were serious). All bets are off if you don't let me know prior to qualifications tonight.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Wow, you wanna lose that bad?

I'll take that bet. One bottle of booze says that KR finishes ahead of FA in this race.

Let me know prior to qualifications (if you were serious). All bets are off if you don't let me know prior to qualifications tonight.
ray you have already lost with your WDC pick , sooo Pleaseeeeeee you already owe me a bottle .... numbnut

1 bottle that FA finishes ahead of KR, if both DNF of course bet is off and only points finish counts...........and check with your mommy , i don't want to be shipping alcohol to a minor
Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK boys, what will it be?

Wayne will get me & Ray a bottle of Partron (?) if Kimi beats Alonso and we get Wayne two bottles of Patron (?) if Alonso beats Kimi?

Sounds fair to me, I'm in.

Gentlemen, confirm your bets.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Wayne will get me & Ray a bottle of Partron (?) if Kimi beats Alonso and we get Wayne two bottles of Patron (?) if Alonso beats Kimi?

Sounds good, but when I win Wayne can send me another bottle of Red. The last one he sent tasted pretty good.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:40 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

OK which of you told Kimi about the bet anyway Hammy said kimi can't drive and he just went out and proved it , POLE for Hammy - congrats
kimi with no fuel couldn't get it done ....

I'm loving the tension between KR and Hamilton , i bet KR tries to take him out , Hammy don't need the win and i hope he punches KR in the nose if he does ...........

HK is an **** ,,, deprived my bwoy of 3 rd ... well FA in a renault starts behind KR ,, LOL...

Finn read my previous post , you wanna bet for a 475.00 bottle , please specify
Partron have many different prices before i commit to you ..

Ray has his bet and ray please verify with Mommy ... you are showing a lot of teeth for a man who has lost a bottle for the year already ...

Alonso has brought Renault back Bitches , he starts behind that poor excuse of a WDC , who has stepped up from his previous poor form BECAUSE THE GOD DAMN FINN told him he could win a bottle ... cheap bastard 50 mill a yr and dat cheap bitch still wants a free bottle.

Quick Reply: 2008 F1 Race at Fuji