Sponsored by:

Race suits- GForce 545 vs Simpson Super Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
dave968M3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Race suits- GForce 545 vs Simpson Super Sport

Does anyone have a copy of the Grassroots Motorsports racing suit evaluation from May 2008 that they can post, can't find my copy?
In the $500 racing suit range, any recommendations of the GForce 545 vs the Simpson Super Sport racing suit?
txs
Dave
Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard way more people say good things about the GForce 545 than the Simpson Super Sport. The Gforce was a nice suit construction wise but dind't fit me very well when I tried it on.

I can't really say much on how they compare in fit as I haven't tried on the Simpson.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best suit for that money is probably the Momo Rookie, normally $675, now $540 at Driving Impressions.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I recently returned a G-Force kart suit due to size. I ordered it from the G-Force outlet per their sizing chart but when I received it it was way too small. I tried to exchange it for another size but I would have had to pay shipping again (in addition to the return shipping), I asked if they would help with the shipping and they refused so I spent a little more on a Sparco I knew would fit and am very pleased with it. The build quality of the G-Force was good for the price, but of course it was no where near as nice as the Sparco that costs 4X more. Moral of the story: make sure you try it on before buying it, their sizing charts are not accurate and if you order it online and it doesn't fit you'll end up paying shipping 3 times which is money you could have spent on a nicer suit...
Old 09-28-2008, 10:13 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true. Suits all fit differently, brands and models, they are cut differently and fit differently.

Definitely try to call a place that knows how each suit fits and can recommend the right size for your height/weight. Talking to someone on the phone can save time and money.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:18 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Suits

From our experience, the GForce GF545 suit is the biggest bang for the buck; however, they tend to fit a little baggy on most customers. But that might be a good thing if you want it a little roomy.

When trying on suits, always sit down to see how it fits. You'll be sitting with it on more than anything else.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook

Quick Reply: Race suits- GForce 545 vs Simpson Super Sport