Sponsored by:

What is going on with SPEED??!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
The in house crap like Living duh lowlife and not so Unique whips cost little to produce and air. The races cost money to produce and or purchase the air rights. Nascar pays the bills, road racing does not so much. Look at the Speed World challenge. Named after the channel and still only gets one air slot delayed to mid week. We need to face it, there are a lot of people that don’t look at Road Racing and sometimes Road Racing is a bit dull. There, I said it, some long races have periods of what looks like driving not racing. One look at the empty stands during a Road race and the packed to overflowing stands during a Nascar race tells a lot.

There were a lot of empty seats in Dover on Sunday. A lot. I watched the whole race (well there was a n hour nap in there) since I was there Saturday. The Sunday race was one of the most exciting things I have seen in a while. The last 20 - 30 laps were a battle and it the guy that won only pulled it off in the last 3 laps I think.

But this is about Speed. And yeah, it sucks. Like anything else, it does whatever it needs to to establish itself, it does and then plays to the lowest common denominator to keep the business as low risk as possible. I don't know who actually watches that stuff, but someone must. The question is, are they incarcerated or mentally stable enough to support the sponsors? LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
gerry100
Pro

SpeedTV is aimed towards NASCAR fans and 13-16 YO boys who are dreaming of their first wheels.

Any one with wheels can go somewhere or do something besides watch.

F1, Rolex etc is just filler for them
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by VaSteve
Like anything else, it does whatever it needs to to establish itself, it does and then plays to the lowest common denominator to keep the business as low risk as possible. I don't know who actually watches that stuff, but someone must. The question is, are they incarcerated or mentally stable enough to support the sponsors? LOL
Wait a minute....are you talking about SpeedTV or NA$CAR.....or both?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait a minute....are you talking about SpeedTV or NA$CAR.....or both?
:lol:

I was jumping around. The second paragraph was talking about SpeedTV and pinks, low riders, etc.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
David in Chicago
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
..........with fitz Miltwater commentating ....
Hey, what ever happened to Milt Fitzwater, the one-man-show who introduced, commentated, did color and translation, wrap up and closing remarks when DTM was still shown here? Talk about off hours - that stuff always ran in the deepest darkest of nighttimes, often on holidays!

Is Milt still around?

Regards to all.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 AM
2bridges
Drifting

**** how about an ocasional tractor pull, mud drags, boat drags, offshore racing, sprint cars, snowmobile racing

I'm easy, that are a million types of racing show any of it..... wtf
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

i barley even turn in on anymore....

what is upsetting is all the great racing though out the world they dont cover... why know more WRC ...

they just show guys driving in circles then analyzing it... maybe if they made a right hand turn could be more interesting
Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
aben8057
Drifting

Anyone ever click on MAVTV or RUSH HD? They have a few sows which are more interesting like Motorsport Ranch, Pitcrews, Speedfreaks. Although not actual sanctioned series racing but better that Pinks etc..
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think SPEED lost their contract to show the actual NASCAR Sprint Cup racces (where the ad revenues are) and instead are showing all the other stuff (practice, qualifying etc) in an effort to not loose their core audience.
I agree however there are alot more worthy races to show that nascrap..
Old 09-26-2008, 10:50 AM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

"Wrecked" I actually like Wrecked, It's filmed locally and the (trucking) company I work for uses them. Unique Whips is the gayest show.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Today there was a show featuring guys trying to golf. Travesty. AS
Old 09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Ya can't cancel after F1.....we're close to the 1/2 hour highlights of TWO Supercup races!

They actually covered the V8 Supercars pretty well last winter.

Quick Reply: What is going on with SPEED??!!???