Sponsored by:

What is going on with SPEED??!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Default What is going on with SPEED??!!???

I understand all the NASCAR stuff. Pinks everynight of the week. Living the Low Live. Pimp my whatever....

I flip from Monday Night Football to SPEED and what do I see? Big Shots, Titans at the Tee. A freakin' long distance golf driving show? I give it a minute or two to see how it fits in with Speed Channel, maybe it's racers hitting off the tee? I couldn't recognize one name. It was an hour long show no less!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

but still no WRC race coverage...
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to start the official SpeedTV bashing thread, so anytime we get PO at Speed we can keep it to that thread and I'm pretty sure it would be epic.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cory M
but still no WRC race coverage...
Yeah, it's ridiculous.

They just need to make a NASCRAP channel and be done with it....
Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete
I understand all the NASCAR stuff. Pinks everynight of the week. Living the Low Live. Pimp my whatever....

I flip from Monday Night Football to SPEED and what do I see? Big Shots, Titans at the Tee. A freakin' long distance golf driving show? I give it a minute or two to see how it fits in with Speed Channel, maybe it's racers hitting off the tee? I couldn't recognize one name. It was an hour long show no less!!!

NASCAR/Pinks/Unique Whips

Nuff said...
Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

And now they have some moronic show for morons about morons who drive tow trucks that tow morons who drive big trucks who hit things and do other stupid ****.

A new low.

I am cancelling Speed in October, as soon as F1 season ends.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Speed is losing their focus....and when that happens, products usually fail...

Sad. They have been so much better in the recent past. Wonder what is driving their need to become mediocre.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

^^^ Forgot about that one. "Wrecked". More brilliant programing.

WTF? Everynight it's Pinks and Pass Time. Do we need that everynight? Maybe after a long day of watching the economy go into the ****ter, we need to watch 2 guys drag race for one anothers 1975 Pinto with boost.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
I'm going to start the official SpeedTV bashing thread, so anytime we get PO at Speed we can keep it to that thread and I'm pretty sure it would be epic.
There isn't enough disk space on the planet.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Here we go again , Bashing Speed !

2 much Nascar , 2 much Pinks , why ! those Morons don't they understand, don't they get it , what about the 9 or 10 F1 fans who have nothing to watch , the Nerve

Just to **** you guys off, i would show that action packed Valencia race every night ..........with fitz Miltwater commentating ....
Old 09-23-2008, 09:28 AM
shmark
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed is a horrific joke compared to what it used to be. I mean when you air programs like Wrecked, Livin' the Low Life, Unique Whips, Truck U (do love the name of that one), Overhaulin, Monsterjam, Chop Cut Rebuild (good god turn off the metal music), and that ultimate winner Big Shots, can you seriously be called "Speed?" I mean if it was 24-hour Nascrap coverage I could actually understand the name.

Anyone remember Australian V8 Supercars, British SuperTouring, DTM, WRC, Paris-Dakar (at least they still show that one, when the terrorists aren't out), SCCA Runoffs? How about the Aussie jet boats? That was a riot to watch. And my favorite show was Hobbs, Posey and de Cadenet hosting a history of motor racing greats, can't remember the name, but it was wonderful. At least they still show MotoGP and Superbikes even if it's at 3am.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
wanna911
Race Car

So am I hearing that Speed Channel now pays golf shows??? HAHAHAHA
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I was thinking the same think last night. I decided to move into the late 20th century and got me a Tivo. On the program guide I started scrolling on Speed to see what is worth to record. I went through 3 days of "programming" and was astounded to see so many repeats of "unique whips" the low life etc filling the time slots.
ALL that racing around the world and they air Unique crap repeat episodes from 2007. I mean for crying out loud...
Thank God I dont need to pay for speed as its part of the cable package here otherwise It would have been a goner.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with everything said above. Here is what a REAL racing network needs.

2-wheel racing:
World SuperBike
MotoX
Rally (Dakar / Baja)
Drag Bike
2Wheels Racing News
Product Highlights
Enthusiast / club programming

4-Wheel Racing:
Open Wheel - Domestic
Open Wheel - International
Australian V8 Supercars
BTCC
DTM series
World Rally Championship
ALMS Coverage
Grand Am Coverage
SCCA Pro Racing
NASCAR Highlights (its still racing folks)
NASCAR Truck Highlights
Oval track (dirt / asphalt)
Enthusiast programming
How-to programming (more than just how to build a V8)
Kart Racing

Add more where you would like. There is PLENTY of opportunities for more shows. Christ, TLC has a show with a family with 8 kids. WTF?

C.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

The in house crap like Living duh lowlife and not so Unique whips cost little to produce and air. The races cost money to produce and or purchase the air rights. Nascar pays the bills, road racing does not so much. Look at the Speed World challenge. Named after the channel and still only gets one air slot delayed to mid week. We need to face it, there are a lot of people that don’t look at Road Racing and sometimes Road Racing is a bit dull. There, I said it, some long races have periods of what looks like driving not racing. One look at the empty stands during a Road race and the packed to overflowing stands during a Nascar race tells a lot.

I miss all the missing racing and Speed needs to realize that with so much repeats and crap filler shows we all just TEVO rather than watch live. Forcing this makes for fast forwarding past the ads easy. Bringing back the other racing, promoting it and building a fan base would require risk among the risk adverse lemming like programmers of the TV world.

Quick Reply: What is going on with SPEED??!!???