Sponsored by:

What an arrogant little.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Most of the reason why I don't want Lewis to win that particular race is because I think that the tighter the points race, the better the racing will be in the last few races.
I'm always doing the same (except when kimi's winning ), even on a race to race basis. I just root for a close (interesting) race, and championship. I love seeing things go down to the wire.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
DWalker
Racer

This is what happens when you let kids play in the adult league...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by DWalker
but if kids are the best at it it just means that the adults are not good enough! not really sure what relevance this comment really has?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
DWalker
Racer

Skill is not the only measurement of a champion. While there have been childish competitors before in F1, for the most part the level of maturity has been pretty high. It needs to be when you are piloting around a guided land missle at nearly 200MPH with more braking force than horsepower. Its only my opinion but as the "prodigies" get younger and younger I cant help but wonder what the price will be. What happens when in a fit of rage over a perceived snub the 17 year old driving star decides to "get even" on the track? Maybe he takes out his offender or maybe he crashes half the feild- but the point is that more and more we see that the younger sports stars skipping ahead based on ability alone, because they can set a lap time, or win a few races, etc. but competition at that level takes more- you need solid racecraft so that you DONT pull bonehead moves and take out other drivers in pit lane, or slide off the track because you overdrove the corner, or whatever. Now the obvious retort is that there is a learning curve, and even seasoned veterans do such things- which is true. BUT- the place to learn isnt in F1- its in F3, F3000, etc etc and skipping ahead may do more harm than good.

As far as his comments and as has been said, such a comment is commonplace in Stars Mazda or other series, but SHOULD NOT and HAS NOT been common in F1. Even when the entire team had to restrain MS from kicking someones *** he had the common sense to calm down and not make an *** out of himself when interviewed. Part of the problem, obviously, is that the current generation has the outlook that it doesnt matter what they say or do today, there is no need to take any responsibility for it in the future.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, I'm shocked at the comments by Hamilton and being as optimistic as I can I'm thinking this has gotten deeper than even we know because everything I've heard about Lewis suggest he is pretty even-keeled kid. From what the announcers say, he and Kubica are very good friends so that says to me somethings pissed him off for him to talk like that.

That being said, I still dont like it. But unlike many, especially those who dont like him, I'm not going to brand him by one comment. This isnt the presidential election. Hope not to hear anything like that again though.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ahhm, errm Lewis did past thru all the feeder series , the drunkie did not .
MS did make an *** of himself on many occasions and to tell , i would have loved to have seen MS kick Coulthard's **** , i mean he was only half coulthard size , so I'm sure the team was holding him back from kicking Coulthard's **** ! LOL..... Ohhh, less not forget all those wonderful praises he use to sing about Hill, JV and JPM .........Especially Hill , now dats a class act.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DWalker

Huh. What.
We talking about the Chinese Gymnasts?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by wanna911
That being said, I still dont like it. But unlike many, especially those who dont like him, I'm not going to brand him by one comment. This isnt the presidential election. Hope not to hear anything like that again though.
One comment? Here are some snippets from Mr. Hamilton;

"No one overtakes me on the outside"

"I'm better than Michael Schumacher, I wouldn't be his No2"

"Massa can't fight"

"Back markers are monkeys"

"I am great"

"Kimi lacks *****"
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,336 Likes on 1,975 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^ Those comments are why people don't like the guy. Win something first and stop making stupid mistakes before you start to say your better than a 7 time World Champion. He's such an asswipe.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matias_S
One comment? Here are some snippets from Mr. Hamilton;

If no one has ovvertaken him on the outside - I dont care

At this point in his career he is better than schumacher was, and possibly better than Schumi when he left considering he's as good as two guys that beat schumi.

Some of the other comments seemed paraphrased but non factors except the monkey comment. Need to see context.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Hamilton just issued a statement in which he claims he simply messed up his wording.

He says he meant to say "he doesn't have enough ball on his foot to brake."
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's good to see the Rennlist bench racers have moved from whining about Alonso's whining to bitching about Hammy's bitching.

When are we going to start mumbling about Kimi's mumbling? Or better yet, drinking to his drinking?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 AM
MTosi
User

I guess he didn't have the "*****" to get into Q1 or go faster than Kimi, especially considering Massa dragged himself in at the same time Hamilton was on track and could have.....
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
I guess he didn't have the "*****" to get into Q1 or go faster than Kimi, especially considering Massa dragged himself in at the same time Hamilton was on track and could have.....
The only thing Kimi can say about qualifying is that he sucked less than Hammy. That's not saying much.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimB
It's good to see the Rennlist bench racers have moved from whining about Alonso's whining to bitching about Hammy's bitching.

When are we going to start mumbling about Kimi's mumbling? Or better yet, drinking to his drinking?
There is quite enough drunken mumblings against Kimi as it is...

Quick Reply: What an arrogant little.....