Sponsored by:

What an arrogant little.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
If I were in Hamilton's shoes & had just been penalized--rightly or wrongly--by the maFIA, I would sit the **** down and shut the **** up.
He was instructed by his team to do just that. Against other drivers? That may be different. Each to his own.

C.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, sorry - I was wrong. Kimi commented on Spa;

Q: In Spa you drove for all or nothing. In hindsight, would you do it all over again or settle for securing some points?
KR: I wanted to win - or nothing. Unfortunately I got nothing that time, but at least I had more fun that at many races before. And what are sure points? I needed more points than the others, so realistically I was in a position where I didn’t have much to lose, so I went for it. Afterwards it is always easy to say that by playing safe I would have probably ended in second place, but that is not the right way to win. I want to win it on the circuit rather than after the race. What happened in Spa happened. Again, that’s racing.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by kurt M
If I won a hard fought race that was as exciting as this one was I would be a bit pissed when some clerks in some office that stinks of cheese took it from me.
Yes at the clerks, not your fellow competitior.....

Originally Posted by kurt M
Put up or shut up. He puts up the other guy should shut up and work on not hitting walls. The FIA call was bull**** and we all know it. This is grown up racing not knitting.

Kimi got smoked in the rain. what is with the "he had a bad setup" junk? Where is "it was the setup" when Kimi was leading for so many laps? Kimi got outdriven in the rain.
Your the first person I've heard suggest that the Ferrari is every bit the equal of the Mclaren in the rain. It seems to me general consensus has it that the Ferrari is pretty undriveable (word?) in intermediate conditions. Now did Hamilton out drive him considering the afore mentioned circumstances, yes obviously. However it's uncalled for to suggest your fellow competitor doesn't have the "*****" to "race you", when you had a superior car in those conditions. Especially when it's the same guy you didn't have the "brains" to keep from running into on pitlane.

Kimi could have said quite a few derogatory things after one of the most idiotic (individual) incidents in F1 history that cost him not only a potential race victory but also any points, but had the character, discretion, and maturity to refrain.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Chris L.
Pro

Give me a break. It's all a pissing match between guys who want to win and hate to loose. They can say what they want. . . who am I to chide them for it?

As much as I like Kubica is he not the one chastising his own team for paying more attention to Heidfeld? The same Heidfeld that has been "on the ropes" all season with his team.

At the end of the day I enjoy the heck out of watching all three of them do what they do and how they go about doing it!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Give me a break. It's all a pissing match between guys who want to win and hate to loose. They can say what they want. . . who am I to chide them for it?

As much as I like Kubica is he not the one chastising his own team for paying more attention to Heidfeld? The same Heidfeld that has been "on the ropes" all season with his team.

At the end of the day I enjoy the heck out of watching all three of them do what they do and how they go about doing it!
Agree 100%. Mind games are simply part of the fun.

C.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chads996
And...I'd be ready to throw down at Monza.

C.
I'm pretty sure the guy that doesn't "have the ***** to brake late"
will be ready to throw down as well.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
I'm pretty sure the guy that doesn't "have the ***** to brake late"
will be ready to throw down as well.
+1
Old 09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
Lewis on Kimi after Spa-
"That's the way he drives, If you don't have the ***** to brake late, that's your problem."

^
He realy does act like he's ten, complete with the personal attacks over him breaking the rules. He has to remember it's the FIA that gave him the penalty not Kimi....
Sounds like a typical day on the Stars grid to me......
Old 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Go Hammy haters Ahhhh , Truth is a powerful thing

I do disagree with Hammy over the ***** issue, Kimi did have the ***** to ram his car into the guard rail when he realized Hamilton was getting away

Kimi got a trouncing , get use to it ..............................................................
Old 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Hamilton copped an ego trip. Lost my respect
Yep,
I liked him early on last year. Seem to be a very good driver and still happy to be in F1 and just took it all in stride. Them somewhere along the way he it all got to him and his ego appeared. Now he smugly things he is greatest to ever drive an F1 car. Of course may be he is, but he as yet to prove that.

At least MS was confidnet in his skils, but never seem to boast and if given the chance perfered "WE" refering to the team. Then again MS at end of his carrer was alot more mature than Hammy at the start. I guess some of that is to be expected.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Sounds like a typical day on the Stars grid to me......
Bingo. Massive A type thinking is needed to suck it in and want to win over all else. What comes out of the mouth after a race is only spill over. Strong ego is required. Yes the ***** comment was a bit over the top and the real guts delta between them might be measured in angstroms. Their world is incomprehensible to us mortals. We pick apart things that happen and are reacted to at speeds and time compressions off the standard human scale.
It is all compromise. A fast dry car might not be a fast wet car. It got wet, Kimi got chased down, passed and then hit the wall. On another day it could have been Hamilton.
I normally stay out of the F1 threads but got a kick out of folks getting knotted up about a race car driver not being total PC. Besides it might **** Kimi off enough on track to do something less that icy. i don't have a dog in this hunt and mainly watch for great racing that once in a long while happens.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I'm sorry but....who gives a **** what Obama says?
Fixed that for you!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Fixed that for you!
Sofa king true.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Guys,

He walks it , like he talks it , Brash , young and full of **** ! Yeah !
Better than Kim i? Yeah
The fact is he has been making them look real silly and now come the haters . funny same dudes when i said last year his attitude was a problem , found it funny as it was directed at FA , so now it's a problem...

Well get back to me when he parks his car at his fav. restaurant while
qualifying at Monaco finn keep my bottle chilled please,,,,
Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

ahhh the high drama of formula one!

just remember guys- we're not talking about rocket scientists, we're talking about rocket riders. you can't always expect PC stuff from dudes willing to pull 4.5g's through eau rouge- there has to be a bit of insanity in that job, and therefore- personality.

I for one thought it was a great race from start to finish- as a fan of racing. I really don't like hamilton's attitude most of the time, and therefore was really upset when whoever it was got in Kimi's way on that fateful curve right before he tried to add carbon to concrete.

most of the reason why I don't want Lewis to win that particular race is because I think that the tighter the points race, the better the racing will be in the last few races.

Quick Reply: What an arrogant little.....