Sponsored by:

Let's get some Road America reports...someone report in

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by rsa
Doh, Mike you're too fast for me! You beat me to this post!
And you beat me on the subsequent post.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rsa
Joey, notice the incredibly quick reflexes of Big T as he avoids me (directly behind the wreck) and the car on the inside. Mike showed me his video and all I could say was thank you for not hitting me!
Originally Posted by deep_uv
Not realizing that was you, I watched that segment several times thinking, "Wow, that guy's quick!"

No turtle, you are.
A turtle with the reflexes of a cat. An old cat, but a cat none the less.

(But not as old as Larry Hermann or Bull.)
Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bull
Sometimes Mike times that nervous twitch that he has for just the right moment!
That is not a twitch. It's DTs.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Fred C - Good to see you over the weekend. Will you be going to Daytona?
Jupe - Excellent wheeling on Saturday during qualifying. Sorry if I held you up, but I've been out of the game for too long. And I missed out on the angels baked goods. I did come by the trailer twice, but each time she was gone...
Kim Gutowski and Tim McKenzie really put on commanding displays of talent in their respective sprints.
Accidents aside, the talent was pretty strong this weekend.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that anyone missed out on the cookies. We brought a lot home.

I was admiring your car throughout the weekend. It's a beauty!

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
That not a twitch. It's DTs.
Sounds like you need someone to hold that beer for you at Siebken's next year. I didn't see a HWFMR sticker up in there...Where is it hiding?

Originally Posted by DanC
BTW I plan to write a letter to RA suggesting that they add more pavement at trackout for the kink. I'll let everyone know how that goes.
Good luck with that.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsa
Joey, notice the incredibly quick reflexes of Big T as he avoids me (directly behind the wreck) and the car on the inside.
Whoa, that was Mike?! I was wondering which pilot had those lightning-quick reflexes. It looks like the Big Ninja Turtle still has a few lessons to teach us whipper snappers.

Dan C- Always glad to lend a hand and congrats on getting your first race under your belt. You looked great out there!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Food Angel

Sounds like you need someone to hold that beer for you at Siebken's next year. I didn't see a HWFMR sticker up in there...Where is it hiding?
well we aren't very observant are we Miss Smarty Pants?

There is one by the big arch on the east wall from '03. There is a slightly smaller one next to it, commemorating the 2004 HWFMR Le Mans sponsorship of the Racer's Group RSR.

There is a third one in the room, ideally situated on the door frame facing the floor, so the last thing you see as you pass out is the Team Logo.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to know they're there. I was in there whilst waiting for the smallest Jupeling to use the men's room. Sometime I'll actually get in there and have a beer and a proper look around.

On the other hand, it just goes to show you they'll let anyone slap anything on those walls...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I'm glad to know they're there. I was in there whilst waiting for the smallest Jupeling to use the men's room. Sometime I'll actually get in there and have a beer and a proper look around.
And I will buy you the beer.

On the other hand, it just goes to show you they'll let anyone slap anything on those walls...
Like a Women of Rennlist Calendar?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
Whoa, that was Mike?! I was wondering which pilot had those lightning-quick reflexes. It looks like the Big Ninja Turtle still has a few lessons to teach us whipper snappers.
And one of the lessons will be respect for your elders.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanC
It was great to meet Ben, Joey, Oscar and many others. This was my first club race and losing a windshield on the track was yet another new experience for me. I was staring blankly at my car when Joey, Oscar and Ben offered to help with my missing windshield. Joey drove me around the paddock to speak with some mechanics about possible solutions. Oscar offered a spare that was in Chicago but we couldn't find a way to transport it to RA in time. Then Ben offered the windshield from his car! A friend of mine was able to do the installation in time for the sprint race. I had expected to return to NJ without being able to race. I was amazed that a group of guys who had never even met me before Saturday made such an effort to help get me back on the track.

BTW I plan to write a letter to RA suggesting that they add more pavement at trackout for the kink. I'll let everyone know how that goes.
Dan - happy to help. The fun and friendship of the club is what its all about. Oscar and Joe were happy to part my car out, too. I heard them later that weekend offering up my JRZs for rent.

Congrats on your rookie race! See you next year.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
The poor DE-ers were the ones that really suffered. They had just 2 or 3 lap sessions, so the racers could get back on schedule.
They made it right. We got an extra complete session at the end of the day, at the expense of the charity touring.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe we have to wait a whole year before we get to do this all over again! This was the last race of the season for me (and i didnt even get to race), so I have no idea how I am going to keep myself busy in the off season!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Patrick
They made it right. We got an extra complete session at the end of the day, at the expense of the charity touring.
That's good Patrick.

I felt bad for you guys.

i saw a bit of the DE sessions. there were some fast laps being turned
Old 09-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW - results are up on mylaps: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=352398
Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Also... apologies to anybody who was stuck behind me during the double yellow wondering what in the hell I was doing.... My fuel pump was dieing (or is dead) and the car kept sputtering even with a 1/4 tank of gas in it. I would be running fine, and then the engine would cut out for about 4-5 seconds. I tried to nurse it through since the race was almost over.

To those stuck behind me, it probably appeared that I was leaving a HUGE gap to the people in front of me. Eventually, I gave it up and had to call it a day at lap 28.

Quick Reply: Let's get some Road America reports...someone report in