Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's get some Road America reports...someone report in

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

You longhorn boys have all kinds of issues eh? Maybe a nice sit down with a race-psychologist will set you all straight?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
They "said" Watkins & I ran more then 4 guest days in a year. We didn't but between all the DEs & a couple guest days, Kurt had seen too much of us. That was a few years back & no big deal. DEs don't matter, anyway. I may try to come out for Sunday depending on what's going on around the hacienda.

Dave, you need to try one of the Boxs
I know I do.

I hope I don't get banned from MSR, considering how much coaching I am now doing up there...

Gary, we don't need no steekin' pshrinks. All we need are lawyers, guns, and money. On any given day, we pick 2 of those 3 at random.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

I hope I don't get banned from MSR, considering how much coaching I am now doing up there...
You should be fine. J.C. seems to be a reasonable guy
Old 09-07-2008, 12:38 PM
SWA911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jay....was fun racing with you for the last half of the Enduro. I was co-driving the red 767 car. Cant tell you how much i enjoyed pulling your *** on the straights just say "doh" as you zinged around me on the inside of the next turn everytime I did it. You sure can make that Boxster wide man.

I'm sure most of you know I lost my gearbox on the first day. Yanked the motor and trans on Sat. in hopes someone would have parts but to no avail. There wasn't a 3rd/4th slider to be had anywhere so I was dead in the water. Brought my car home with the gearbox in a box and the motor on the floor of th trailer. Barry in the 767 car was nice enough to let me co-drive the Enduro and we finished 2nd mostly by default because the two fastest "D" cars either broke or wrecked out. Overall good times but still sucked with the broke car. Oh well, theres always next year.

BTW We averaged 13.5 mpg pulling the 44ft trailer over the entire trip at 22000 lbs gross.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
You should be fine. J.C. seems to be a reasonable guy
LMAO at your avatar...
Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SWA911
Hey Jay....was fun racing with you for the last half of the Enduro. I was co-driving the red 767 car. Cant tell you how much i enjoyed pulling your *** on the straights just say "doh" as you zinged around me on the inside of the next turn everytime I did it. You sure can make that Boxster wide man.

I'm sure most of you know I lost my gearbox on the first day. Yanked the motor and trans on Sat. in hopes someone would have parts but to no avail. There wasn't a 3rd/4th slider to be had anywhere so I was dead in the water. Brought my car home with the gearbox in a box and the motor on the floor of th trailer. Barry in the 767 car was nice enough to let me co-drive the Enduro and we finished 2nd mostly by default because the two fastest "D" cars either broke or wrecked out. Overall good times but still sucked with the broke car. Oh well, theres always next year.

BTW We averaged 13.5 mpg pulling the 44ft trailer over the entire trip at 22000 lbs gross.
Man, that's great mileage pulling a rig like that!

You definitely don't do a lot of passing in the Boxster on the straights @ a track like Road America Congrats on the 2nd in class & don't short change yourselves. You've got to finish to win & that's what Enduros are all about

Dave, Leave it to MAD Magazine to come up with another great cover that somes it all up

Quick Reply: Let's get some Road America reports...someone report in