Sponsored by:

New to me HPDE one event insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:25 AM
z12358
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Most important is the fact that this coverage exists! I'm getting re-quoted for next year from WSIB, using $30K as the value knowing I almost assuredly would buy back the car and build a new one. It's a 10 Event policy for myself and my wife. I can add to it or do a singular event coverage as shown here. I like the choices.. $25K coverage for a 2-3 day event - $154? I can do that...
Gary, what is WSIB?
Looks like Lockton doesn't cover CT events so Limerock would be out.

What other good track insurance alternatives are out there?

Thx.
Z.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by z12358
Gary, what is WSIB?
Looks like Lockton doesn't cover CT events so Limerock would be out.

What other good track insurance alternatives are out there?

Thx.
Z.
http://wsibinsurance.com/

You can do up to 10 events, 11-15, 16-20, or 21+ with them...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
gottagofast13
Advanced

Ryan from HPDE Insurance Program here. I just wanted to let you guys know that we have now approved NASA HPDE events in our program - the one exception is that we're not offering coverage to the HPDE 4 run group.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Makes sense Ryan...
Old 10-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Jaws911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, just took a shot & signed up - taxes were $27 on top of a $103 bill! (17K value) ..I haven't had the chance to do many of these in the past few years, and at my level (green) I believe the odds of a mishap are very slim, but like many on this board, it was always something of a concern to me, so I pulled the trigger.

Hopefully, i won't have to report back on how they deal w/ claims...
Old 10-03-2008, 08:23 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Ryan - is that right - you guys don't cover Limerock?

and Jaws - best to you - go out there and have fun - without the worries. Nothing at all may happen, but then again, my husband has been doing these since 1965 - and two years ago - a tire blew out on the track - which led to the car's death... because it can happen.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM
gottagofast13
Advanced

At this point in time we're not providing coverage for events outside the US, in CT, and OH. The latter 2 issues have to do with state insurance regulation, but we have a solution that should be in place by next season that will open all these areas. The one exception is it will only be available to US residents. Canadians wanting to purchase coverage for a Canadian event will not be eligible.

An incident can happen to anyone. My passion behind developing this program grew after an incident I was involved in about 4 years ago. After 8 consistent laps in the rain, my car hydroplaned for a split second at ~105mph while I was driving through a kink. I hit the wall at about 80mph backwards and my car was totaled.

I hope that our program will help convince people to attend their first event and keep the existing people coming back.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I invited my brother to share my car at his first HPDE experience, a 2-day PCA event at the Glen in September. I signed up with Ryan for peace of mind. Thankfully, I did not need to file a claim and we were able to relax and enjoy the event.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
MDL
Racer

Ryan,

Is there a way to sign up without doing it over the internet?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Anymore news about this company offering this insurance per event?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gottagofast13
At this point in time we're not providing coverage for events outside the US, in CT, and OH. The latter 2 issues have to do with state insurance regulation, but we have a solution that should be in place by next season that will open all these areas. The one exception is it will only be available to US residents. Canadians wanting to purchase coverage for a Canadian event will not be eligible.

An incident can happen to anyone. My passion behind developing this program grew after an incident I was involved in about 4 years ago. After 8 consistent laps in the rain, my car hydroplaned for a split second at ~105mph while I was driving through a kink. I hit the wall at about 80mph backwards and my car was totaled.

I hope that our program will help convince people to attend their first event and keep the existing people coming back.
Ryan, I have talked to you over the phone about Ohio, Please keep us posed or PM me in the spring if you will provide coverage Mid-Ohio ect. as we would like to let our members know..
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Yes, we had an uneventful weekend this past weekend - and no one needed to use their policy.

Ryan has written recently on another thread for another club - that since they started, there have been three claims. Two were totaled and one was a minor repair - and all received their checks. I know one Audi TT driver who was thrilled when he got his check.

One thing that they haven't really emphasized which is a great selling point is that if you are a student - and you allow your instructor to drive your car - then the car is still insured when the instructor is driving. This is great, because the PCA Instructor's Course recommends that the instructor drive their student's car for a lap or two - to get a better feel of it -- so they understand what they are teaching along with who they are teaching. Our group shivers at this - what if something happens in that one or two laps? Now, with this policy - no more need to be scared.... Also, if the person is sharing the car with another participant - the other person named is also covered should something happen to the car when they are driving.

It is worth the peace of mind - just like Dudley said...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I finally broke down and bought paddock, storage and towing coverage for the race car. the de thing would be great for the wife (and me) when de'ing the BoxsterS.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
gottagofast13
Advanced

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Ryan - is that right - you guys don't cover Limerock?
I've made some good progress with the CT Dept of Insurance (DOI) over the past couple weeks. At this point I'm fairly confident that we'll be able to offer coverage for Lime Rock events before next season.

Originally Posted by todinlaw
Ryan, I have talked to you over the phone about Ohio, Please keep us posed or PM me in the spring if you will provide coverage Mid-Ohio ect. as we would like to let our members know..
We have also made a lot of progress with the Ohio DOI. I think we should be able to get this one resolved soon as well. I'll post when we've cleared the issues with CT and OH.

Ryan Staub
HPDE Insurance Program/Lockton Affinity
Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
gottagofast13
Advanced

3 quick updates I figured you guys would be interested in:
- We are writing coverage for CT events and we should have a solution for OH events soon.
- In March we received the endorsement of BMWCCA and have arranged a special discount. Any BMWCCA members attending BMWCCA events will automatically receive a 9% discount off their premium.
- In May we received the endorsement of PCA. PCA members (membership confirmed during application process) attending PCA events will receive a 10% discount. To receive the PCA member discount you need to go to our dedicated site for PCA members: http://pcahpdeins.locktonaffinity.com . We offer a link from the "Apply Online" page on our regular site (http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com) to the PCA site for your convenience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: New to me HPDE one event insurance